The next time they have full assault. (Hopefully never)

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The next time they have full assault. (Hopefully never)

Articulate Author
    Post Count

The next time they have full assault. (Hopefully never)

I'm wishing my faction I'm in good luck and leaving faction for a few days. This event is extremely bad I can't take it anymore. Hate to leave my faction mates but I'm not a free loader and I can't do this again. MW is great game but this event extremely bad IMO. About a third of the faction this event is free loaders which they are never free loaders in this faction. I'm not a free loader so I did what I could. People in beta said this was a bad event and they were right.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Agree, get rid of this event

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Man.. Gree was all excited about this. SUP1/2, you guys are machines. I know y'all have family's, kids, etc, but even knowing that, I'll say this: Spending two, three weekends a month playing this game, 24/7 as Gree requires, at the top, [watch the language please]. Can't be. We had 3 guys sell off their base, their souls, as this was their last event. My wife, bless her heart, is pregnant and can't really do much, so she 'tolerates' my playing. I'm in FFF, so yes, we are top 15 faction, and know what its like to get that evil eye, hide in the bathroom, take lots of breaks, etc.

CJ, Tardavic, this event was a bit much. 24-36 hours should be plenty. And are you serous with a 1bill unit? Like, 10000000000000 unit? Come on....
    Last edited by CJ54; 03-31-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Post Count
    Already said goodbye to some good friends due to the most recent event who have decided its time to hang it up due to the recent changes.

I have hope that gree realizes there isn't enough money in this new event (yes they made some money off of us but it was a 40% off sale and many didn't understand so were spending...and more yet didn't understand that you only get the one prize) and its simply too time consuming for what this game is (plus it can't handle an event that requires that much precision.

Hope you get the hint gree....this event is a game killer
    VFF Legends

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I too will be stepping out of the next Full Assault event. Something tells me this is going to be the general consensus.
    The views and opinions expressed by me are most likely not the views and opinions of my faction. Please do not hold them accountable for my actions.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The consensus view from our team.

The 30 minute war is in itself a great format, quick co-ordination, use chat and winning a battle is good. Tactics come into play when and what to deploy. All very good

All very bad however. The event takes focus for the battle, unlike WD when it's a case of log in check stats, tap tap and off again. Come back before the end of the war repeat... No, Full assault requires effort planning and reaction time.. Take your eye off the screen and mess up a deploy is the difference between a win and a loss. Three days is too long and the family response is already stated above.

How could this be better. Run it over the calendar period of the full WD cycle and run the event one day each weekend for 24 hours. Then pause for the week and repeat. Most players could then schedule time to play it around normal life. Factions would know who's around when and I guess more participation. Most will commit to 3-6 hours and probably check in over coffee (even if it results in that exasperated look we all know and love)

If the duration isn't tweaked I guess a lot of factions won't play much and use wars as a useful way of trimming the inventory of units not in the army. One big prize unit is nice, but not at the expense of life, a few may view it differently...this is no criticism of them.

I repeat I like the battles themselves, just that the duration does not work because the event itself is more like a PC game than a phone game.
    Last edited by Rob TRK; 03-31-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    This event was torture for me, way too many hrs and if you are on Android it is just unplayable. I played just because of my teammates who all hated this event with a passion. It was not fun, I am tired of 72hs of scrolling. I hope we never see this again.

Lurker
    Post Count

Terrible event

The fact the awards for this event didn't run like WD, where you get all units below your rank wasn't communicated to those not checking theses boards. I'm admittedly bitter as if saw my stats drop my 5-7M due to the appearance of huge payouts. What could have been a fun event, became entirely too time consuming and costly for those playing, ultimately benefiting much-hated campers more than anyone else. I imagine a great number will sit out the next time this event occurs, but if it does, the rules and concepts need to be much more clearly explained, with event awards matching the sacrifices required to compete at a reasonable level.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Absolutely horrible...but they won't listen...it will be back sooner than later and will last 5 days.

I will not be playing FA again. I have a sneaking suspicion I am not the only one.

Brutal brutal brutal. You won't be getting 2/3 weekends from me for a game.

I can only agree with your statement of free loader Thunder, we had like 1/3 of the team who really wanted to go for it and made huge sacrifices in terms of units while the others only saw their stats growing. So team players get punished. Yeah 3 days is just too long a 48hr event is long enough.

Lurker
    Post Count

Exclamation 1 unit!!!?

I did all this for one unit??!!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by wwwjason View Post
    Agree, get rid of this event

Post Count
    First and last for me as well....not playing this again .
    "You can never fall too hard, so fast, so far
    That you can't get back when you lost"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

I appreciate the effort Gree

I have to say, thank you for putting out a new kind of event. I'm sure it took a lot of effort to bring us something different from which you will get a ton of complaints, no matter how it runs.

That being said, this event was way too much effort and time. FFF placed 15th, got a 700k trinket with a nice bonus and my overall stat change was a loss of 75 million attack!

Couple ways this could have been better:
    Keep boost units out if the deploy list
    Add a tab for recently deployed units (inf/ground/air/sea) so we wouldn't need to spend more time scrolling through units than fighting
    Shorter overall event span with longer battles, I think 1 hour broke up into 10 min fights would be good
    And since this event is so time consuming, have this event every 4 weeks with WD events every 4 weeks so that players can have a weekend with their families every second weekend

Running this event without taking player feedback into account with hurt the player base, this weekend has pushed yet more players from the game. So please Gree, since I know you won't throw out this event that took a lot of work to design and implement, make some changes!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It just needs to follow the tournaments right into the trash can. And if we all want that to happen, then we need to sit it out like we all did during the tournaments and not play.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent1200 View Post
    It just needs to follow the tournaments right into the trash can. And if we all want that to happen, then we need to sit it out like we all did during the tournaments and not play.
    I agree we can do without this event again, but I think it will take time for it to be sc****d the same as the tournaments did. In the next 2 or 3 installments before that happens, Gree can make things better with a few changes.