Chromatic and Kaleidoscope

Bkale was useful back in the long long ago, but then those faded out of style when epics could smash through their weak defenses immediately. Now that everyone and their mother is going to have Gkale (and GREE is giving out another 400 cromatics), I thought it was time to ask, what's the deal with these armors? You can only wear them on your main guy. They receive no guild element bonuses, but they get rank bonuses. So their base attack and defense are pretty crappy.

But what happens when they face a run of the mill tough epic (e.g. beast/druidic - chosen because they have balanced attack/defense)? I think the opponant gets no attack bonus and you get a +50% to attack only. Which means the new chromatic would have a strong attack against every armor but a very low defense. Assuming an HC wearing it on main gets a 1760/1760 (educated guess but I didn't do the math). The attack would be 2640 but the defense would be stuck at 1760. Do I have that right? The beast/druidic would give up a few hundred on attack but they would eat it for breakfast with such a weak defense.

Seems like the best use would be for GC/GS/GM cause every additional 1% point is increased by 50% on attack. Then its best used as a guaranteed one hit kill on anything with a weak defense. It should take two hits for most armor to take it out with no element matching +50/100% bonus on attack. So if you can get a one hit kill with it, you win despite the weak defense.

For a commander in a guild with maxed element bonuses, it's not very useful compared to a decent epic with two elements. You're sacrificing +10% twice compounded, for a +50% to attack only on an armor with a very low base. And you're sacrificing it on your main guy.

It also seems the GKale is going to be pretty useless. The whole advantage to these armors is on the attack and GKale has such a low base attack that the mutipliers won't help it become useful.

Anybody want to help me out on what I'm missing?
    Last edited by The Pale Rider; 03-31-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

Can't help you. I have been wondering myself.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

They should add a Starmetal boost for Guilds
    Thanks Gree for listening

I think it depends on your setup.

With GM/GC/GS bonus the armor is decent.
    The guaranteed 1.5X damage is something that would be good when hunting for opponents when you don't know their setup.

But for guys with 101 epics and epic plus it may be crap.

However for little guys like me, the SilverC helps me eliminate 1 Guardian Element setup.
    Now I only need to have 2 elements strong when taking out Guardians instead of trying to go for 3.

And also, EB would be easier since I would always have 1 strong against it. ( unless they release a starmetal boss.... )

My 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pale Rider View Post
    It also seems the GKale is going to be pretty useless. The whole advantage to these armors is on the attack and GKale has such a low base attack that the mutipliers won't help it become useful.
    Starmetal is not so much about ATK. It needs to survive long enough to dish out the 1.5x damage. So GKal is actually useful since it has slightly more defense than SilverC.

And remember GKal is a 4* which means you will get it to max stats faster than SilverC which is an epic
    Last edited by gqhong; 03-31-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    KnD Name : gqhong
    Level : 100+
    Friend Code : WBG-XRF-XMF

KoT Collective Guilds :
    Knights of Thrones
    Khal of Tribes, Keepers of Thrones, Kobold of Trollshaw, Klingon os Targ

Yes, RR was asking for a starmetal boost around war 2, & until such a thing exists Kales will continue to be mostly completely useless, even on a GM.

I'm tempted to max my silverc+. But fear I will never use it...I have a few decent epic+ and even my mono element komodo+ can wreck silverc.+.
    Ign: kingjuju
    Guild: Death Knights(DK)
    IGN: DK JuJu

Lv: 102
    Line ID: kingofjuju
    Knights:
    Apocalypse playemail+ (maxed)
    Triskelion war gear+ (maxed x2)
    Spectors shroud
    Silver chromatic mantle+
    Sol vanguard (maxed)
    Maelstrom irons(maxed)
    Aegis of the sky majesty (maxed)
    Beastmaster Battlegear(maxed)
    Armour of the komodo+ (maxed)
    Drudic platemail+ (maxed)
    Aquadic battlegear (maxed)
    Sandstorm platemail (maxed)

I've been experimenting with a maxed silverc as GM and it's winning every straight up fight (no misses, only 3rd hit critical). I was entirely wrong about the one hit kill thing (I've had it happen once). It's a grinder (it takes a very high attack to do 303+ with no bonuses, so it's almost always a 3 hit kill). I tried it in first position and second position. Second was better because I often did a bit under 50% damage to mains and I could use the crit attack to finish in 2 if I needed to. I also usually absorbed 3 hits. Conclusion - on a GM, it's an ass kicker.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

they should get ele bonus

i think hey should get at least two electronic bonus or adjust stats down a lilmore and give them all ele bonuses would b cool .

Yeah, I really don't know if I'll use this one. Maybe only for matchups when I doing know their armor

Never thought about adding a star element bonus. My solution was to take 20% of each element bonus. So, in effect you get an average of the purchased bonuses. Makes it like a mono with only max 10% but at least it's something.

I only got the regular version of silver c, so haven't even touched it yet but I'll hang onto it in the event some bonuses get implemented
    Last edited by tshell; 04-01-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    IGN(Android): EK/P1 TShell
    Guild: Epic Knight and/or Plus Ones
    Recruitment: Plus Ones is a sister guild of Epic Knight, one of the top guilds on Android. Contact M.Splinter on Line Messenger to join up!

Armors: Hellfire, Snowstorm, Sol, Beastmaster+(2), Necromantle+, Arclite, Silver Chromatic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tshell View Post
    Never thought about adding a star element bonus. My solution was to take 20% of each element bonus. So, in effect you get an average of the purchased bonuses. Makes it like a mono with only max 10% but at least it's something.

I only got the regular version of silver c, so haven't even touched it yet but I'll hang onto it in the event some bonuses get implemented

This is a good idea; PM me on Line if interested in working on some game design.

sucks that only your main knight can wear it which means your best armor won't reach it's full potential on a follower knight

GM of Kings And Conquerors (Recruiting)
    IGN and Line ID: frkndork
    Message on line for more info and to apply

I support 11+ movement