Full Assault - Suggestions - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full Assault - Suggestions

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    Let's try to keep it civil and positive. I like the concept of FA but definitely needs an overhaul.

1. 3 days - too long. 24-48 hours max
    2. Must have additional filters for accessing units. Add filter to remove boost units. Add filter to isolate unit stats (0-5k, 5-10k, 10-20k, etc)
    3. Battle construct too time intensive - six (5min) battles is too much to be glued to the game. Do 2 (15min) battles or something else. People need to be able to put phone/tablet down and do other things in between deployments.

Let's hear it forum. Offer suggestions...don't just complain.

Cheers,
    Evil M.
    Very much agree
    Aussie Aliance - 116 068 955

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks GOD it's finished no more Full Assault Gree.

i think it should be limited to unused units (not in your army).

It was supposed to "clear out" the trash from the inventory but instead it was a competition on who could spend the most reward units (at least for top factions)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Make this a burn event ONLY

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Posted elsewhere, but

1. Run the event on one day (A weekend day preferably) for three days over the Event period. Asks less of the team as a whole, but keeps the battle fluid. Most will commit to a few hours on a specific day even at the expense of sleep
    2. Make it simpler to select the units, scrolling intensively isn't good for eye strain! I'd like to have the inventory accessible and the deployment bank is a good idea. Commanders in the field would have assets prepared for a conflict.
    3. Red and Green use go agains the DDA act in the uk - impacts colour blind players as noted above. Poor screen design GREE. Change it!
    4. The event hasn't fully solved the trash removal aspect. But if it's not changed a lot of faction players will declare and just clear out the trash units.

Make these changes. The prize as a single entity is fine assuming WD remains the pinnacle event in the stable.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    after hating this event I grew to enjoying it but i'd like to see the following -

1. Shorter event - 3 days is too long
    2. Shorter matches - 3 rounds of 5mins?
    3. Rewards based on the WD style.
    4. possibly more than 3 teams in a match? maybe 5? 1 per node to battle.
    5. Inventory needs improvement. I spent more time scrolling through looking for stuff than anything else.

Think that'll do for now.
    WOLVES OF WAR

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I have one additional suggestion in addition to all the other great ones here. Make a second checkbox to prevent all units with a boost from being shown. Better yet, just don't show ANY of the boost units at all. NOBODY wants to deploy those so why even give us the option?!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I am color blind and had a horrible time unless we were blue

Actually had a horrible time period...lol

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    Let's try to keep it civil and positive. I like the concept of FA but definitely needs an overhaul.

1. 3 days - too long. 24-48 hours max
    2. Must have additional filters for accessing units. Add filter to remove boost units. Add filter to isolate unit stats (0-5k, 5-10k, 10-20k, etc)
    3. Battle construct too time intensive - six (5min) battles is too much to be glued to the game. Do 2 (15min) battles or something else. People need to be able to put phone/tablet down and do other things in between deployments.

Let's hear it forum. Offer suggestions...don't just complain.

Cheers,
    Evil M.
    All great suggestions Mr. The timing one especially. I think probably more than 2 battles to enable some strategy to come into play. I would suggest 4x 15mins. The battles were too short so didnt have time to use the war chat room that much (btw big up to SUP for actually talking to us, it was an honour ;o), neither had time to spend gold to deploy tons of jungle choppers. A bit more clarity on how points were made up would also help (may have missed the explanation but non in game I could see). the battle history never seemed to be correct.

Biggest issue is the rewards did not make up for the losses.... So pointless event until that is sorted out IMO.

Btw the way did anyone figure out the heat map?

Thanks.
    FYV - PM for details ;o)

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I agree with the sorting comments. You need to be able to quickly location your cash units that you purchased to deploy. Sorting by number of units would not work perfectly. Neither would sorting by cash units.

Maybe if the top 10 new cash units were fixed to the front of the unit list in descending order. That would make it quick to deploy. You would only have to scan through a list shot list. It would be possible to deploy in less than 30 seconds.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    oh and one more. Theres a bit of a scandal going on with our final screen shots of player points scored. It looks as though some people have been inactive but on closer look it seems that half the faction are missing from various shots. So you could do with sorting this out as well.
    WOLVES OF WAR

Post Count
    Here's a great suggestion . DONT DO IT AGAIN .
    "You can never fall too hard, so fast, so far
    That you can't get back when you lost"

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Give prizes to members that have at least 50% of the average deploys in strenght. Or, something like that. The ability to punish members for their inactivity.