When will you actually fix the matching system?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will you actually fix the matching system?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

When will you actually fix the matching system?

We're on the last leg of another rough war for a Top-50 syndicate. We can barely keep players in our syndicate because of the amount of frustration our players have at our matchups.

Its been miserable day in and day out having to put 20-40 of our members on the same 3 players, decreasing all of our influence points. It's a royal waste of money when some of us buy vaults and face horribly low influence points despite bonuses because we all have to hit the same target.

When we recruit players, we have to recruit players who need to be able to compete well above their weight in stats because we won't even face other Top-50s.

Every Monday morning we have 1-2 players who just can't take it anymore. Too angry at not getting shot a fair one, we have to continually replace players and tell them pretty lies that next war they will have targets. Its not fair to anyone.

When will things be fair again?

We will match up against Peace & Love repeatedly before we even face another team around our same rank. We're tired of seeing repeats against Bones. You would rather give us SAS multiple times before getting a fair match. These are great syndicates, full of great players, but there is no reason why we should be getting matched up with them over and over again.

Its entertaining the first time we face these Top-3 syndicates, "wow look at the IP they're dropping on us" but when we match with them again and again and again and again it leads to nothing but frustration with this broken system.

This is wrong. Your matching system prefers to repeat a mismatched battle before it even puts us against a team in our own range.

I'm not asking to avoid these Top syns, I'm asking to stop repeating these matchups.

Its also not fair to the Top-10 syns who don't get us. When a top syndicate faces us they get a much better opportunity to accumulate IP than if they were facing a syndicate their own rank.

And no chance will we ever face a Team in the 100-150 range, not even once, no, that would be too nice.

We really like playing at this rank, it's not overly expensive, and gives us the prizes we can be proud of. We have college kids who love this game but can't afford to dump all of their gold the ONE time we get a fair matchup. It tends to be the young guys and young girls we have to kick for this reason, even though they CAN truly afford to compete in this rank.....if they were given a fair battle. Please make these matchups fair again. I know the chance of success of this message getting through is terribly low, but it's worth a shot. Do it for the kids.
    Last edited by GucciMane; 03-31-2014 at 07:33 AM.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    The art of watch yet again
    proud owner of toy box

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    lol just give up and move to a better game. plenty of them
    "The pot calling the kettle black"
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I won't shut up no, I will ignore someone who has not had any constructive posts in there entire time hiding behind a fake forum account though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    I'd also like to add this is not true. I was never helpful whether it was my time of the month or not.

Consistent Contributor Luv4UR Mom's Avatar
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Sometimes I think Gree intentionally matches up Top 3s with lower ranked syndicates over and over again on purpose. Think about it- If I'm a Top 3 player, and I get matched up against a low ranked syndicate, it's a great opportunity for me to score a ton of IP.....in other words, a great opportunity for me to spend more gold.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by HTCBC View Post
    lol just give up and move to a better game. plenty of them

Already ahead of you on that. More than a quarter of us are already on the same team in another fairer game.

But we enjoy syndicate war as well, and as much as this is clutching at straws making this thread, it's better than being silent toward our situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv4UR Mom View Post
    Sometimes I think Gree intentionally matches up Top 3s with lower ranked syndicates over and over again on purpose. Think about it- If I'm a Top 3 player, and I get matched up against a low ranked syndicate, it's a great opportunity for me to score a ton of IP.....in other words, a great opportunity for me to spend more gold.

I like your explanation but going along with that logic, why isn't the opposite true as well? Top-50 syndicates getting matched up with Top-150 syndicates where everyone is willing and able to spend gold and dump on their own targets?
    proud owner of toy box

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quick someone call the wahhhbulance for this guy!

Post Count
    It's not just at the high levels. I enjoy playing in a top 1500 syn (we barely finish top 1500 last 4 wars). But when this war started, we were matched against syns ranked 700 and 800, and we just get squashed. Some of them we couldn't even touch def leader and waste an hour just hitting the wall. Sure, this isn't as drastic or devastating as the OP's example, but it still has the same result. Our syn pretty much just gave up on battles this time. Fortunately, I still have the little bit of gold I would have spent in some competitive battles.

Post Count

Omg Really? Thats so funny! Do you need a tissue lol ?

Thats so funny! Do you need a tissue lol ?

Post Count

Post Count
    I have no idea how the matching system works. They matched us to same guild 3 times.

We have no life other than playing this darn game.
    Join us, be active, and get the loots.

Post Count
    I feel your pain, however it is not just the matching system which is a crock, it is the whole game. We started a battle last night and did not get matched up in 45 minutes, we essentially had a battle which not did take place although we all had losses that we had accumulated in this "non battle". This is not the first time this has happened and I am sure we are not the only ones who have suffered from this. It would not be so bad but we had assumed that we had got Top 50 at the end of this "war" but due to the carpness that is Gree we missed out by three places, three places which we should not have had to make up had it not been due to the mess ups during battles. Gree, of course feel our frustration but will do bog all to make it right!!! You suck Gree and feel free to ban me, you are not getting any more of my money and I will be contacting ITunes (again) due to your incompetence to get a refund of money spent.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgz View Post
    It's not just at the high levels. I enjoy playing in a top 1500 syn (we barely finish top 1500 last 4 wars). But when this war started, we were matched against syns ranked 700 and 800, and we just get squashed. Some of them we couldn't even touch def leader and waste an hour just hitting the wall. Sure, this isn't as drastic or devastating as the OP's example, but it still has the same result. Our syn pretty much just gave up on battles this time. Fortunately, I still have the little bit of gold I would have spent in some competitive battles.
    The Defense Leader always goes down after 10 lost hits or 2 lost power attacks. Better PA the DL twice than hitting the wall.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnttree View Post

Nice doublepost.

I got the rank I wanted, individual and syndicate, thank you very much. That doesn't change the fact that the matching system is messed up.

The thread was made before the end of the battle. Why? This is an ongoing problem independent of my rank.

Run along now.
    proud owner of toy box

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KCUF View Post
    The Defense Leader always goes down after 10 lost hits or 2 lost power attacks. Better PA the DL twice than hitting the wall.
    It amazes me that some people still don't seem to be aware of that.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    We finished 52-5 and the only unfair match ups we got were for the top 150 teams we faced. But we faced CCR-E 4 times and that was only 1 win. So I think some adjusting can be done but not sure if gree is even able to do that. My advice to syns outside top 25 (other than strong streak teams) is just to go for rank and score when you can. The world is far from perfect and gree is further.

Just hope we get compensated for our 27 finish when there were several cheater syns finishing higher and screwing us (and other syns) out of top 25 ranking.