Thread: A new power?

A new power?

WAR jumped to the top and remains there. Late to the ballgame as I am, it seems that eunuchorn has quit playing, and this could be the first epic war ever that a rainbow guild has not won. I don't know all the black medal guilds (selfless plug for running one of the few black medal guilds that have ever been-fusion war I know, but proud none-the-less- Go Red Phoenix!), but WAR could be the first ever epic black medal guild aside from a rainbow.

A new milestone? What's going on? Will the Rainbow guilds bounce back? Was it the 'lame' epic? Personally the + version looks pretty bad ass to me. Where do the wars go from here?
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

You're out of date. The RR people just chose to go to WAR for this guildwar. 7/10 top ten guild ATM is in rainbow alliance. Eun is right after all that eventually top 10 will be filled with rainbow alliance and they can control exactly how much they want to spend. The question will soon become how much should they spend to keep non alliance out of top 10. Happy ending.
    Last edited by furyp; 03-30-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Lol we just moved to WAR for the GW since nobody really wanted thr Kal epic. Also Eunuchorn quit a long time ago
    Thanks Gree for listening

Quote Originally Posted by furyp View Post
    You're out of date. The RR people just chose to go to WAR for this guildwar. 7/10 top ten guild ATM is in rainbow alliance. Eun is right after all that eventually top 10 will be filled with rainbow alliance and they can control exactly how much they want to spend.
    Not quite... DPA/TRP/Centurions/Konoha/G2B/MTF/Cobras/ lots more I cant name off the top of my head are SAE or BTNO and anti-rco

so? I don't understand why people can't seem to get the point is to control spending by forming alliance. Imagine if we are all in an alliance and we can pick 400 people to spend a certain amount of gems (nothing more or less) to get the new epic. There will be no competition, the rest will stop trying. Isn't that a perfect solution for everyone?

Competition only drives up spending which doesn't benefit anyone except the good old GREE.
    Last edited by furyp; 03-30-2014 at 09:23 PM.

so? I don't understand why people can't seem to get the point is to control spending by forming alliance. Imagine if we are all in an alliance and we can pick 400 people to spend a certain amount of gems (nothing more or less) to get the new epic. There will be no competition, the rest will stop trying. Isn't that a perfect solution for everyone?

Competition only drives up spending which doesn't benefit anyone except the good old GREE.
    In a perfect world perhaps, but only there will it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Prince View Post
    In a perfect world perhaps, but only there will it happen
    Because too many people want to be number one, or would rather spend $1000s, to "beat" the #1 team, as opposed to spending less to join it. Or, for all those aren't in the top 400, and want to be. What about #401? They get hosed and don't have access to the newest epic? SO UNFAIR. Queue dramatic music and "I'm getting 39 of my friends and we'll show you!" <evil laugh> <fade to black>

In other words, that great thing called Ego.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

You're out of date. The RR people just chose to go to WAR for this guildwar. 7/10 top ten guild ATM is in rainbow alliance. Eun is right after all that eventually top 10 will be filled with rainbow alliance and they can control exactly how much they want to spend. The question will soon become how much should they spend to keep non alliance out of top 10. Happy ending.
    Blessedly out of date . Still, this will be the first war that it doesn't say rainbow at the top, and that counts for me, whatever behind the scenes guild swapping is going on.

Because too many people want to be number one, or would rather spend $1000s, to "beat" the #1 team, as opposed to spending less to join it. Or, for all those aren't in the top 400, and want to be. What about #401? They get hosed and don't have access to the newest epic? SO UNFAIR. Queue dramatic music and "I'm getting 39 of my friends and we'll show you!" <evil laugh> <fade to black>

In other words, that great thing called Ego.
    That pretty much says it. Well that, and the great spirit of competition. I mean, if you are fighting to win (competing) where is the fun in a 100% fixed match? If you're on a team, you want to fight with your mates to win, not just fake play because you pre-agreed on the winner
    Zyntree Lvl 100+ (iOS)
    Guildwar Observer - retired
    The Red Phoenix- a Black Medal Guild.

In a game where majority of the "competition" comes from who can have the most stripped fights & who has the most money, it makes the most sense from an economic point of review to arrange fixed matches, fixed wins, fixed prizes for certain groups with the least amount of input.

Since we know prizes are gonna be the same every war (number 1 epic+, 2-25 epics), we should try to control our input (aka gems):

An ideal situation would be the following:

Black Medal: 4m points
    2-10: 3m points.
    11-25: 2 m points
    26-1000: do everything possible to not hit 2m points or they will get blacklisted and never have a chance to enter top 25.

Ask yourself, was it necessary to spend money on getting 40m points if you knew from the very beginning that the same group of 40 people are gonna get the war epic+?

The system is not set up so that you have to hit a certain number of wins/points before you can get the war epic/epic+. The players determine the number of points. As soon as top 10 forms an alliance, we can manipulate things in the players' favour.

Granted there are a few bumps that we need to work through but I think we will get there in the near future.
    Last edited by furyp; 03-31-2014 at 12:41 AM.

The system is not set up so that you have to hit a certain number of wins/points before you can get the war epic/epic+. The players determine the number of points. As soon as top 10 forms an alliance, we can manipulate things in the players' favour.

Granted there are a few bumps that we need to work through but I think we will get there in the near future.
    Nah, won't work.
    There once was an agreement on Android, but then DK went all "hey, we don't want to hold back our players from going for rank 1 each war" and now they are doing silly things like scoring nearly 25 million vs less than 12 million for rank 2 this war. Some people apparently don't give a damn about money and gladly donate it to Gree...
    Also: if Gree sees points going down too far, they'd probably throw in a 40% or 50% sale, so top 100s foolishly think they can challenge top 10 that way. (while in fact actual money spent probably is nearly the same no matter what the discount on gems...)
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration