Thoughts on Full Assault - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Full Assault

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Glad we are seeing the south end of that north heading event , most have lost large amounts of stats , and a fair percentage of them paid out gold for the privilege of becoming weaker , after all the hype I'm still stuck with 2000 old battleships and many thousands of useless loot units , if god forbid they pull this event out again it's these units that will be deployed and be dammed with the leaderboard

Banned
    Post Count
    This event was time consuming and lame. The prizes were cool but you lost 5 times that attaining such reward.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I thought, if anything, this event would be good for cleaning out my inventory. They are all still there, just with a x0 under it
    Former Gree supporter and defender.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Now that my inventory has been depleted can we not have units their saying zero? So, i can find items easier with less clutter

Post Count

Agent nice thead. create battlions which is units in a folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Gentlemen and Ladies I feel your pain.
    Percentages should never be attached to units period. If so create folders in which they are in. Hence the same with Unit values I feel as the event is designed to clean the servers that can not cope with these events. Early in the piece solders were $400 and 1 would throw a folder or DEPLOY detachment. Hence One could Preset there Battalions which in turn were folders and that would be the easy fix.

Post Count
    My thoughts NEVER AGAIN... It was fun while it lasted but never again
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It takes too long to scroll through units to find what you want to deploy. Give us a way to allocate which units we want to get rid of in advance so I can quickly locate what I need to deploy. And while I'm deploying I can't see the map. Why can't that screen be smaller or movable? And there is not enough feedback on what I deployed vs what everyone else deployed. I drop off units and then it says I won or lost. What was I fighting? How many did the opponents drop off. How many opponents. Just a W/L isn't going to keep me entertained. I want a different strategy than " just throw lots of big units at it".

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfried View Post
    It takes too long to scroll through units to find what you want to deploy. Give us a way to allocate which units we want to get rid of in advance so I can quickly locate what I need to deploy. And while I'm deploying I can't see the map. Why can't that screen be smaller or movable? And there is not enough feedback on what I deployed vs what everyone else deployed. I drop off units and then it says I won or lost. What was I fighting? How many did the opponents drop off. How many opponents. Just a W/L isn't going to keep me entertained. I want a different strategy than " just throw lots of big units at it".
    You can swipe through the nodes. Once the first battle has completed just swipe the node history. Look at the total stats your opponent(s) dropped on the node and divide that by the total number of deploys. That will give you the average stats of units your opponent is deploying on that node. Then adjust for the standard increase in deploy strength from battle to battle. This will tell you what kind of units you should be deploying. Yes it's always a gamble.... But at least you have a simple formula to operate with. It's not "just throw lots of big units at it". Units should be conserved as much as possible. It's that strategy that allowed us to defeat some top teams at the end of the event (bc we conserved and they wasted).

Any additional information (such as which units are deployed) removes that bit of strategy. A lot of this game hinges on making good judgement calls based on partial information. With some simple math you can make better judgement calls and gain a small advantage.

Think a little harder next time. People complain about the lack of strategy and how gold is all that matters. Yet, anytime there is some vague strategic opportunity people get upset and want to remove it. Nonsense.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It was too much! Im in top25 faction. I asked every top50 faction how they felt about event. 90% said they didnt like it.

Lurker
    Post Count

Cool

1) I agree the should only be a 24 or 48 hour event
    2) The 5 mins has to be expanded to 3- 10 min battles or something similar
    3) Add a dollar bill or sign, gold bar, valor icon, or other if earned with building and not replaceable to each and every unit. That way I know how it was earned and whether I want to deploy it.
    4) as stated lock the units collected if another event I going on at the same time
    5) allow us to sort units on based on how they were earned. Cash, valor, gold as an example.
    6) Allow us to exclude units with boosts. No one wanted to use these so allow us to exclude them

Just some suggestions that I hope you will consider.

Lurker
    Post Count
    1 Add a repeat button to deploy the same troops as your last deployment
    2 Add a fourth faction to the mix
    3 Tie the winning prizes to the total strength of the units used during all 6 battles

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Full Assault is for non-participating freeloaders Wow Gree really!!!

If whom ever in the faction doesn't participate in a battle/war. They shouldn't receive any rewards for doing nothing at all. The people that participate lose units & the people that don't gain everything how is that fair. This event has cost turmoil in our faction & I bet in most of all factions. And they described this event as a good event on getting rid of the smaller unused units. Lmao cuz that totally opposite of what happened people were having to deploy there biggest units to compete. What should have happened was there should have been a cap on how big of units u can deploy so you would actually get rid of all the small units this event was explained to be primarily used for. And if gree-dy was smart in doing I this way would make people use more gold to deploy the most units to win. Isn't that what gree-dy plan is all along is for people to spend money on gold/cash. This event has ruined the game for ever but that my own opinion. The reason why I say this is because how much the stats change. Gree-dy has I think ruined there chances for new people that download and start playing as every 1 that has been play thus far will be so far ahead in stats that they won't ever be able win or raid anything so they will quit & not even try to play the game . Ruining chances for gree-dy to increase there customers so they can make more money in in-game purchases. My opinion in business is the more you sale the more you make. So eliminating new comers to the game because the outraged stat increase. Good luck Newbies on starting a game yo will never get no where in. So what do I think about Full-Assault? I think it's for the veterans as they could win any match. Thanks to gree-dy this event has truly made The SUP1&2 faction impossible to ever beat yes I said impossible. So my solution is 86 this event & return all stats like they were b4 this event came out. My other solution is figure out who didn't participate in a war/battle & take away all their rewards that they didn't participate in. So what my final say is that Gree-dy didn't do their homework/research/beta-testing enough b4 they made this event a go for the public. Thanks for taking the time in reading my thoughts in this matter. Good Luck Gree-dy in making ("every-1") Happy not just the veterans. Yours truly BigTex X's(2),MiniTex X's(3),& SuicideTex. Yes I have 6 devices/accounts lol.
    IDs:493-422-244,182-009-124,843-121-610,823-857-458,368-178-572,912-897-727,611-468-143,
    394-146-861. The Faction I'm in is ( Death To All ) Tag DTA. We finished 205 in Full-Assault Event. Also we Are Recruiting Requirements are Must Have Communication App (Line) & Stats at least 10+ million A&D and be highly active.
    Faction ID:437-182-408 I'm the lowest in Faction cuz I am available 24/7 and I do all walls & pa-DL. So if any one comes across DTA in WD Your Wall will be useless hahaha.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I thought the event could have had a shorter timeframe. I got bored fighting ppl and went outside and did stuff. This means your event wasn't that great. I block out time for WD events in my life. Your event did not accomplish it's goal.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The Full Assault event had and still has a lot of promise if rolled out correctly. Many changes need to be made to make it playable. If changed significantly, I can see it as a wonderful event and fun...see previous suggestions from others (most would be positive).

The biggest problem is that it the event went ahead outside of the earlier guidance given to players. When the event started, we quickly understood it wasn't the event that was originally advertized. When you do a bait and switch like that, expect a negative reaction (it's almost guaranteed).

Fix the bugs. Give us better inventory management for Full Assault (about the only thing different than the normal scroll in profile inventory was that units were ordered from weak to strong or strong to weak -- that's not good enough and sucks when you have 20 thousand units to scroll thru). Make sure your servers can handle the capacity during peak hours. Make it a 24 hour event. Lose the leaderboard.

The leaderboard more than anything else killed the event. It forced people to participate and stressed the servers. It created so much competition in the event that few took the opportunity to get rid of their weakest units. Those that did generally lost, especially those in the top 1500 factions.

I actually didn't have much of a problem with six 5 minute battles when the game worked at 3 am in the morning. The servers were not stressed at that time and many problem features suddenly worked!!! I didn't have to wait 10 minutes for a match like I did during peak hours (matching at 3 am was almost immediate). Inventory management still sucked though.

I almost quit the game entirely the afternoon Full Assault came out. I didn't because I was not about to suddenly disappear on my faction team mates. We made a group decision to participate just enough to Not be left behind in stats. We rallied together and finished top 1200 despite basically blowing off the 1st day.

I guess I was an exception to the rule because I was able to get rid of 4000 trash units and turned them into 1500 bloated cash units. I doubled my stats, but no longer have an indestructable army. Now I'm losing these cash units when people 4 times my strength raid me. I'll fix that problem with time.

Honestly, I think a lot of people simply played Full Assault wrong because of the pressure to use higher stat units to win at all costs. Of course they didn't enjoy it. It was too time consuming with bad results. Did I mention the lack of good inventory management tools?

Post Count
    Did anyone get this msd? "ERROR DEPLOYING UNITS FAILED BECAUSE THE PLAYER TRIED TO USE ITEMS THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE" I couldn't deploy but 1 out of every 10 trys because of this error on both of my android devices. If I don't have them why do they show up in my inventory?
    Greg
    The World's Elite Forces

265 668 151