Another complaint, but legit reasons!

Hey guys, Spunge here again. I hardly post but when I do, I have some valid concerns...

First, background on me so my concerns have some validity:
    I've played for over a year. I brought a #250+ guild into the top 20 before a personal issue with the GM forced me to leave. I've flown the standards of both the Furyans and the Unicorn Stampede. I've had good and bad times on this game, and dropped a decent sum of money into it (much to my wife's disdain), and finally I have allied myself with some old guildmates in The Demented.

Nowadays I war when I can, spend very little, but fully support my guildmates/friends.

What I am concerned about as of late is the ridiculous amount of neglect we as customers have endured. I am going to use two recent examples to showcase the issues.

In the last epic war, my guild ran into some particularly bad luck. We usually finish around #50-#75, and that's fine by us as we fight mostly as a free to play guild. However, last war we finished around #117 do to some unbelievable matchmaking. Here is the list of our competition. Remember we are a lvl 56~ guild:
    #1 Death Knights
    #1 Death Knights
    #3 Bulls on Parade
    #4 Epic Knight
    #7 Vicetone Savages
    #7 Vicetone Savages
    #14 Platinum
    #15 The Juggernauts
    #25 NWA
    #25 NWA
    #29 Earth lords
    #32 Bunch of Jerks
    #36 The Immortals
    #67 x knights
    #92 Majestic Legion
    #98 Flamemasters
    #103 Cavalry of the North
    #128 Team Awesome
    #137 Spain
    #146 1Shot1Kill
    #147 The Dark Nutz Rise
    #192 Dragon Warriors
    #195 Beastmode gods
    #198 Exiled Angels
    #269 Italian Gladiators
    #269 Italian Gladiators
    #335 Bazinga Squad
    #361 German Skrillex
    #544 D Block
    As you can see, a decent number of battles we fought were against unbeatable teams for both our ranking and F2P style. Why would we ever pull DK twice in one war? And it works for those below us, no reason a rank #500 guild should fight us. The war system needs a major overhaul in that department, just as a start. I've seen many threads about this.

The other issue is the combining armor glitch. It's been around for over a month. Come on. During the event a guildmate, who was aware of the issue and took care to avoid the problem, fused away one of the event EB+'s and lost his GKal reward. He immediately emailed Gree, who took 2 weeks to answer only to inform him it was his fault for THEIR glitch. He had a no choice but to fuse away some armors to make room for the next EB+ because of the limited armies problem (yet another issue I won't go into).

I'm tired of seeing nothing but problems in this game. The only reason I continue to play is for the friends I have made.

/rant

If you've had the same/similar issues, post them here as a reply and let's add some fuel to the fire under their collective asses!

P.S. I'll add the emails from my guildmate as soon as I get them.
    Knights and Dragons
    IGN: UND Sir Spunge lvl 1XX, UND Lil Spunge lvl 40+ (leveling constantly)
    Guild: Undying
    Guild Placement: Guild Master, Guild Champion
    LineID: sirspunge (if I ever get back on Line)

It's strange...when our guild was #100-200, we would pull top 20s all the time.

When we've done #50 or better, we've pulled guilds well into the 250+ area and even 500+. Even fought a guild with one guy in it one time.

You should, more or less, never pull a guild more than one Ribbon away from you. When it gets down to the top 50, it should never be more than 100 or so places different.

# of guild members is a big factor in the matching algorithm. If your guild has more than 30 members, it's not too surprising to match with top guilds.

My guild had some hard battles likes yours this war. Lots that were over before they started

Quote Originally Posted by tttoo View Post
    # of guild members is a big factor in the matching algorithm. If your guild has more than 30 members, it's not too surprising to match with top guilds.
    Um. Yes it is? Most guilds in the top 100 have at least 30 members. We sit around 30 active players. And I would venture to say it extends well beyond the top 100 by now. Matchmaking is severely ****ed in it's current state. For free to play guilds it is all about how lucky your queue is. Pay to win guilds obviously have it easier, but those of us not dumping cash shouldn't be consistently drawing those that are. Eventually as free to play guild you're going to hit a peak, and that's as far as you can go, which is how it should be. As is, the war is terribly in favor of the heaviest spenders, and that will never change, as Gree loves their money, but make it more of a damn competition...
    Knights and Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    It's strange...when our guild was #100-200, we would pull top 20s all the time.

When we've done #50 or better, we've pulled guilds well into the 250+ area and even 500+. Even fought a guild with one guy in it one time.

You should, more or less, never pull a guild more than one Ribbon away from you. When it gets down to the top 50, it should never be more than 100 or so places different.
    Exactly my thoughts. Pulling DK twice in one war is a joke. I've fought them in FURY and US and both of them held all points for next war, much like my guild does now. Where's the fun/competition in that? You waste and hour of time. If you try to farm up even a few points, you run the risk of wasting some energy for an immediate re-declare.

I know this game won't ever be "fair", but having some fun dynamics and a competitive atmosphere could bring this game back up a long way.
    Knights and Dragons

Agreed on all points, including armor limit.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

That armor limit.. Oi. I burn so much pointless gold just to have one armor slot available for crafting a single EB. With the arena rewards and EB, I almost never need to craft more fodder. My fusion results blow so I never have a decent armor to lvl unless I absolutely think I could use the current EB+. Which brings up the point of there being almost nothing to do past a certain point in this game unless you plan on dumping cash (as I have done in the past). The frustration builds...
    Knights and Dragons

Bumping to see more thoughts on this!
    Knights and Dragons

Fusion glitch is bullcrap. Armor should be unlimited. And yes guilds should have much better match ups. Basically I second everything you said...
    Armors
    - Moontide 99/99
    - Druidic 1/99
    - Druidic 99/99
    - Druidic+ 99/99
    - Sky Majesty+ 99/99
    - Arborsteel+ 99/99
    - Maelstrom 99/99
    - Maelstrom 62/99
    - Northerners 83/99
    - Northerners 1/99
    - Blazebourne 30/99