Thread: Arena matching.

Arena matching.

So I'm playing on my other account (from my other thread that I posted) who is level 41, and my arena setup is:
    Main knight in Lv. 50 Monk's Vestments - Fire knight in Lv. 15 Rageborne Raiment - Earth knight in Lv. 28 Mantle of the Beast
    and I lost all of my first five matches...
    I was paired up with people with all of the most recent EB armors or people with Epics. I can't even kill an EB 15 times on this account (with all of my knights and two friends) yet I'm paired up with people like this?
    Wot. Thoughts?

Okay... just did five more matches:

Didn't take picture (I still lost)
    no

Your armor is way behind the curve for what a Lvl-50+ should be wearing. Where's your maxed Big4 armors? Those armors alone will help you knock down a Lvl-15 Epic Boss. A properly equipped Lvl-100 friend can also solo a Lvl-15 Epic Boss also.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless82 View Post
    A properly equipped Lvl-100 friend can also solo a Lvl-15 Epic Boss also.
    Not at my level. His (the friend's) stats and health are reduced, unable to solo the EB.
    Anyways, this was just an alt I used a while ago and Idk what I was doing with him. Just playing on him since I can't recover my main but still. He shouldn't be paired up with people who have level 50+ epics.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    Not at my level. His (the friend's) stats and health are reduced, unable to solo the EB.
    Anyways, this was just an alt I used a while ago and Idk what I was doing with him. Just playing on him since I can't recover my main but still. He shouldn't be paired up with people who have level 50+ epics.
    i thought id make a lvl 11 twink and have my main account solo bosses. nope - he barely scratches anything past lvl 4 eb. unfortunatly there are a lot of lower level twinks out there. u found uhm.
    Donate to Breast Cancer -
    https://secure.info-komen.org/site/D...on=form1&idb=0

83 cents of every dollar spent by Susan G. Komen supports mission programs and services. - See more at: http://ww5.komen.org/HelpFAQ/HelpFAQ....NqM2zwUy.dpuf

compared to most 1-5 cent programs, this one sounds legit. the other 17 cents goes to help run everything else

Same happens to me. Im almost lvl 100 and since I got to 95 or so 70-90% of my battles are against ppl with 3 epics. I have horrible lucj with fusion so make it fair... lol.
    Armors
    - Moontide 99/99
    - Druidic 1/99
    - Druidic 99/99
    - Druidic+ 99/99
    - Sky Majesty+ 99/99
    - Arborsteel+ 99/99
    - Maelstrom 99/99
    - Maelstrom 62/99
    - Northerners 83/99
    - Northerners 1/99
    - Blazebourne 30/99

Guild: Conquering Knights
    Rank #21 in Fool's Fight

i have 3 EBplus - and seem to beat a few and lose a few out of my 5 energy. the matchmaking is completly NOT random, the game calculated and already knows whos going to win each battle, so thats who your paired with, a few to let you win, and few to make you lose miserably.
    Donate to Breast Cancer -
    https://secure.info-komen.org/site/D...on=form1&idb=0

83 cents of every dollar spent by Susan G. Komen supports mission programs and services. - See more at: http://ww5.komen.org/HelpFAQ/HelpFAQ....NqM2zwUy.dpuf

compared to most 1-5 cent programs, this one sounds legit. the other 17 cents goes to help run everything else

Quote Originally Posted by sxespanky View Post
    i have 3 EBplus - and seem to beat a few and lose a few out of my 5 energy. the matchmaking is completly NOT random, the game calculated and already knows whos going to win each battle, so thats who your paired with, a few to let you win, and few to make you lose miserably.
    Except that I lost fifteen out of fifteen battles since recovering the account. rip
    no

when I pick opponents for arena I usually go for people who rank between 10000-5000. I also look at what guild they and in and try to avoid people who are in the top 10 like OTB and BROS. Its not foolproof but it does help me get more wins in arena. The only thing i really hate about the matchmaking is seeing some of the same people over and over again.
    FC: WBH-MVY-YXP
    Maxed: Arcane Mantle and Komodo+

Quote Originally Posted by Jmon View Post
    when I pick opponents for arena I usually go for people who rank between 10000-5000. I also look at what guild they and in and try to avoid people who are in the top 10 like OTB and BROS. Its not foolproof but it does help me get more wins in arena. The only thing i really hate about the matchmaking is seeing some of the same people over and over again.
    Similar to my strategy. I avoid top guilds, and aside from that just fight the person with the lowest rank. I can usually go 5/5 wins.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Ye. Its far from random anymore. You cant even force close the game to load in new opponents to fight. Its predetermined who you are supposed to fight. Its quite lame since its just another proof of Gree trying to make you spend your precious gems.

First it was okay. Then annoying, irritating, frustrating, sad and now its just a pathetic way of trying to earn more money.

We havent gotten any imformation of how many people actually spend gems to fight the arena. Except a few at first when the arena was changed. But thats it.
    LvL: 438 - Bandroid
    Activity: Barely due to Gree's incompetence
    Armors: I hear Gree laughing at us.

Favorite question:Why do you even keep playing KnD?

Guild: LvL 75 Conquering Knights (Members 2x/40)
    Bonuses: Fire 10%. Spirit 10%. Earth 10%. Air 10%. Water 10%.

PM me for more information

Too much misses in the arena always screw up my winning streak.

For me it seems like a case where they match people who don't spend hundreds of gems with people who do. Of course there's going to be a pretty big disparity there. Annoying, but they're going to listen to the customers who spend (what seems to me) insane amounts of gems on an app over those who don't. As I don't plan on joining the ones who spend insane amounts of gems as I don't really have that kind of time or money, I just kind of accept it as it is. I have probably spent about $40 total on gems, because I do enjoy the game and as it's "free" I wanted to toss something towards the devs/publishers.

When it gets to the point where I'm more frustrated than smiling with this game, I'll find another one.

My impression:
    - of the list of opponents, probably 75-80% is beatable and plenty of cases where if they have better armors than you, they are arranged for you to counter them.
    - unranked opponents have 50% chance of being a trap.
    - someone once said to me "try to pick the 3rd on the list most of the time" and it seems to work out OK-ish, though that might be just superstition... (though my 2nd alt does seem to get a 3x epic opponent in the 3rd spot on the list at a streak of 3 or 4...)
    - I think arena matching is probably done by a combination of (in order) level, armors, your guildmates (got slightly harder arena opponent when in guilds with people with multiple epics than in guilds with low level alts/newbies)

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    So I'm playing on my other account (from my other thread that I posted) who is level 41, and my arena setup is:
    Main knight in Lv. 50 Monk's Vestments - Fire knight in Lv. 15 Rageborne Raiment - Earth knight in Lv. 28 Mantle of the Beast
    and I lost all of my first five matches...
    If you're leveling a 2-star beyond about level 20 you're clueless or trolling...
    Rushing forward: big 4 from arena 600 point milestone, get it to level 15, craft that big 4's plus from materials found at its location, max that one big 4 plus and get some OK friends to beat boss level 15 at about player level 30-40.
    Whatever you wear on your main knight is just the highest stats you have available to boost the friend stats cap (if your main knight is double weak that way, that's fine), so 4 friends can take out boss level 15, repeat with boss non-plus for level 43.
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration