Worst WD in a long time. - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst WD in a long time.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Not everyone will be happy with matchups obviuosly. From my view this wd has had better matches for us. Probabaly some of the best I've seen so far. Still one or two issues, but nothing like in the past

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Not everyone will be happy with matchups obviuosly. From my view this wd has had better matches for us. Probabaly some of the best I've seen so far. Still one or two issues, but nothing like in the past
    Agreed. First war I have seen where every match has been beatable. We certainly take our losses but not because they were all unbeatable....we have only lost because they wanted it more and earned it fair and square. Point fluctuations still baffle me a little but that is the same as it has always been as far as I can tell.

Lurker
    Post Count
    So far so good here

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I hope the OP is reading all this
    Former Gree supporter and defender.

Post Count
    I totally agree with you. My faction only had 239K WDP and we ended up fighting against a faction that had 1.5M WDP. Honestly but WTH?
    Modern War
    Level: 193
    Faction: Master Chief (Former: 101 Airborne Division, STS, RRH, VFF A, KYS, HKKE (And I am proud of it))
    Attack: 8bn (UDATED)
    Defence: 8bn (UPDATED)
    WDP I can achieve: 200K-350K

Former heavy gold player

Post Count
    Yes. Our faction usually places 500-750. Now we are fighting "The Pirates TM". At least 6 of their 13 members are over 200M. We were getting beat up too bad to check the other 7 members.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    I hope the OP is reading all this
    Yeah I'm reading this and all it proves it that Gree still has a very unbalanced and unstable gaming platform.

Like I said if you were lucky enough to have maxed your valour units then you're laughing. (I'm one of them by the way)
    However there are plenty of other people that are now thinking of quiting because of the inflation. for these people they haven't been able to play due to them not having targets.

I know its part of the game and tough luck blah blah blah but the timing on Grees part was piss poor.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No new valor units... No new cash units. All my wars are good... This one is even better.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DILL3NGER View Post
    Yeah I'm reading this and all it proves it that Gree still has a very unbalanced and unstable gaming platform.

Like I said if you were lucky enough to have maxed your valour units then you're laughing. (I'm one of them by the way)
    However there are plenty of other people that are now thinking of quiting because of the inflation. for these people they haven't been able to play due to them not having targets.

I know its part of the game and tough luck blah blah blah but the timing on Grees part was piss poor.
    There are pros and cons to the stats inflation. The pros being that the loyal players who have hung in thru thick and thin are now rewarded for the time spent upgrading their buildings to ten and accumulating massive amounts of money and valor they couldn't use.

The cons... well, first, if you're a new player coming into the game, why would you even stay and play? If you look at the minimum building and upgrade times, it'll be a long while before you're even on the map. Boost units are king, and you won't have the stats to acquire any. The only new accounts that will survive are those started by someone who is in a good faction and can camp them. But I think the biggest con is for the gold players. They may not have been playing for two years, but they spent a small (or not so small) fortune to compete. It's the way the world works so you can't fault them for paying to play in the big leagues. Only fair since they have to pay to stay there. But where a week ago a lvl 150 with 30m stats after 6 months of play and a lot of gold could raid a player with 5m stats who played two years for free, they are now getting their tail handed to them.

I agree with rewarding the old players for their time spent. But I think the recent changes are damaging. There are much better ways to give older players some stimulus without causing such an upheaval.

Here's an idea. Gree could propose ideas in the open forum and see what percentage of their gaming population would seriously hate it before they release it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    This has been the funnest WD for me in a long time...every team had a target and most every team had a target on us.
    Epic battles were had...it was wicked. Only people who surely hated this war were streak teams, and who the hell needs them.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Paiens View Post
    This has been the funnest WD for me in a long time...every team had a target and most every team had a target on us.
    Epic battles were had...it was wicked. Only people who surely hated this war were streak teams, and who the hell needs them.
    Streak team here... Read my comments above.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Agree with Cosmic, as a streaker l too am happy, just wish l didn't need sleep ;-)

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by {Kill Joy} View Post
    So I have 3 accounts all in different factions. My main is for the most part getting fair matchups in the top 50. My second account is getting about the same in the top 250. My third account is getting @@@@ on out of the top 4000. The account only has 1 million a/d and is solo in the faction and so far out of the 9 matches I have had with it, every match up has been with factions with members all over 2 m. Every battle has had teams with more than 4 players. How is this fair. The 1500 gold I have with it, will not be used this war. Bad pairings for this account.
    Perhaps less players went solo this time, I put my solo player into my test faction.

In terms of fairness, well if Gree adjusted matching to have a range say 1-5 players with total stats then you are done. Personally it was a loophole that should have been plugged and appears to have been.

My test faction of 13 hit a 2 man faction and I destroyed them even though the DL was 26 million def. At least a bit of strategy is filtering back into the game....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAtWorld View Post
    There are pros and cons to the stats inflation. The pros being that the loyal players who have hung in thru thick and thin are now rewarded for the time spent upgrading their buildings to ten and accumulating massive amounts of money and valor they couldn't use.

The cons... well, first, if you're a new player coming into the game, why would you even stay and play? If you look at the minimum building and upgrade times, it'll be a long while before you're even on the map. Boost units are king, and you won't have the stats to acquire any. The only new accounts that will survive are those started by someone who is in a good faction and can camp them. But I think the biggest con is for the gold players. They may not have been playing for two years, but they spent a small (or not so small) fortune to compete. It's the way the world works so you can't fault them for paying to play in the big leagues. Only fair since they have to pay to stay there. But where a week ago a lvl 150 with 30m stats after 6 months of play and a lot of gold could raid a player with 5m stats who played two years for free, they are now getting their tail handed to them.

I agree with rewarding the old players for their time spent. But I think the recent changes are damaging. There are much better ways to give older players some stimulus without causing such an upheaval.

Here's an idea. Gree could propose ideas in the open forum and see what percentage of their gaming population would seriously hate it before they release it.
    Very true, the need for balance sometimes outweighs the need to placate the users...

My question would be, what feedback did they get from the beta testers? I thought I saw a post about some of these new units a few days before they went live. My understanding is that many are long time players and many heavy gold spenders so one would think their feedback would have reflected a positive or negative outcome or does Gree totally ignore feedback from all sources. I kind of doubt this.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Lurker
    Post Count

Well....

I thought it was fun. Make sure the weakest officer declares though. Itherwise you will match up with a bigger faction like the player who declares.
    Last edited by JoshIsAwesome; 03-24-2014 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Messed up word