Gree... I'd strongly suggest you backout your changes - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gree... I'd strongly suggest you backout your changes

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    From what I have read all of you have valid points. Difficulty was tougher, Gree will not reduce it now game glitch is fixed, less gems will be spent because many will be to far away from completing, the closer you get to the end of a quest the more gems might be spent as it was fun to complete the quests, but now nearly impossible. I am fine to a point for them fixing things in the game but the one item they really need to fix is the transfer of the game to a new device. Tech support is unresponsive to the many requests after 4 weeks, so unfortunately many are leaving the game for that reason alone. We lost 3 members recently because Gree did not transfer their game. Gree focus on this, it should be your priority to serve your customers with respect!!!!! Glitch after glitch is not fine when running a business, fix the transfer problem!!!!!!!!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by scottad View Post
    The changes have broken the game for legitimate players too. If your in the game and you lose 3G/4G/wifi connection your hits and kills won't count and all the energy you have waited over 2 hours for or worse used gems for has gone.
    Yes this is a game killer for me. I often play while on the train with very limited internet access going up and down. Now I cant play on the train anymore because suddenly the kills wont count. My prediction is the same as others. This will once and for all kill the game.
    Victorious Warriors (merged with TheGoodLife 6 times 50 wins)
    Rank 33 in Battle for the Barrens

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by alonibb View Post
    This will once and for all kill the game.
    I agree completely

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsrock9931 View Post
    Glitch after glitch is not fine when running a business, fix the transfer problem!!!!!!!
    Glitch after glitch is soo fine and it's what we want it , but after bug is the not fine thing and what happened for your friends is a bug

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenWill View Post
    Glitch after glitch is soo fine and it's what we want it , but after bug is the not fine thing and what happened for your friends is a bug
    Ok lol, keep the glitches and fix the bugs, because the bugs are on all my devices as well as many others. :-)

Lurker
    Post Count

Angry Dear GREE

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGates View Post
    Dear Gree,

It appears within the last few hours there were certain changes made to the servers that has changed the behavior in the way Energy is used during LTQ's.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but a the main appeal for this game, and what keeps many people around is the perceived advantage players have that know various tricks and glitches over other players. It is only knowledge of these things that have kept people around a long time, including myself.

If you eliminate these trick and glitches and put everyone on a level playing field, there really will be little incentive for people to stick with this game that has taken months and years to learn these things... compared to just playing some other game with everyone else on a level playing field.

The reality is, probably 90% of the Top150 guilds know many tricks and glitches and in fact it is a level playing field for all of them, people just feel like they have an unfair advantage... which keeps them around.

My guild was very successful and spent thousands on gems this past war... but with the latest glitches shutdown has gone from everyone feeling successful, suddenly to everyone wanting to retire with the difficult LTQ now seeming near-impossible to finish.

I strongly suggest you should reconsider your recent changes, or expect huge numbers of people in the Top guilds to soon retire.
    I agree, what is the point of spending any more gems if we can't finish the quests! I have spent thousands of $ on Gems! You are taking all the challenge out of this game! I won't spend a penny until the game is back to what it was before.

Lurker
    Post Count
    They better seriously consider lowering the difficulty on these type quests asap or greatly improve the rewards. I think this will hurt them more because people will spend less knowing the quests are un-obtain-ium unless you drop big money.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The thing Gree probably doesn't realize is they effectively had a marketing 'loss leader' strategy here that was keeping people in the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

Basically, giving something away for free to the majority of users to help get them hooked and keep them in the game spending gems on things like Wars and other events.

So they've just killed off their loss leader promotion.

Also psychologically, another silly thing this game gives people is a sense of accomplishment. People can feel good about themselves in life, by telling their guild 'friends'... "I killed 1000 skeletons this week and helped the guild finish the event". It's these minor accomplishments in video games, by finishing quests, that keep people in games.

Now all that is potentially no more, so Gree don't be surprised if many move on to something else.

Post Count
    I didn't mind spending a few gems if I knew I was gonna finish quests. But now, without these glitches the quests which are now out of reach for most to finish will most likely be the end for me. No sense in playing any longer if I can't come close to finishing the quests on my own. Too bad as I generally spent about $20-40 a month on this game. A lot of my guild members ( we finished top 150 past war) are on the same page with no longer playing. This is a mistake that will hopefully be rectified in near near future. Some gems are better than no gems!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    +1 (the rest of this response is just to fill the 10 character requirement)

Quote Originally Posted by Vclone View Post
    We were all taking advantage of a loophole in the system. That loophole, or glitch, was actually an error in their code. Gree fixed the code and now we are all the same. Now there are decisions to be made. We (individually) have to decide if this one quirk was the only thing keeping us in the game.

LTQs were getting harder and harder, mostly because we were finishing them so quickly. Gree has proved that they are reactionary to our behavior. Perhaps LTQs will get easier now. Perhaps they will see that we cannot finish their nearly impossibly LTQs any more. I don't know anyone who spends gems on LTQs and I can't imagine that starting now. I just hope that Gree will react to our inability to complete LTQs now.

Gree closed the door that we are all accustomed to using. Now we all have to use the same proper door to get in the game. Will you use it?

Post Count
    This thread is funny. You guys come onto the forums and complain that you cant use a glitch anymore. What if you owned a business and someone was using some loophole to get free stuff from you? How would you deal with losing all that money? How would you react to them complaining to you when you fixed that loophole?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    the same way mobsters do when the irs comes to visit

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by A Fresh Start View Post
    This thread is funny. You guys come onto the forums and complain that you cant use a glitch anymore. What if you owned a business and someone was using some loophole to get free stuff from you? How would you deal with losing all that money? How would you react to them complaining to you when you fixed that loophole?
    You obviously didn't read or understand my post about the loss-leader marketing effect of glitches.

Better to keep lots of people around giving away some things for free and get $$$ from people paying when they're around... then to suddenly make a change that drastically affects the difficulty of playing and sends people running for the exits.

I'm really not complaining that much, mostly letting Gree be aware of the situation... most of us will be much better off in RL if KA was not in our lives...

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    The game is becoming more and more boring every month. Something new happens that everyone doesn't like. Thank u gree... I would suggest posting as many threads as u can about these problems that they are creating and stop using gems for them to benefit on.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    They did the same thing any other business would do. Nothing wrong with what they did...it's all part of doing business in the gaming industry. As far as people quitting...people come and go, but if your a true gamer with years of playing online games, then you know just wait, as when one window closes another opens..might take a little time but people make mistakes and new glitches will be there, also there will be new bugs too. If they never made a mistake..then we would have a bug free,glitch free game(even your subscription games get bugs and glitches)..but they are just people and people make mistakes.
    Daily player