GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gree... I'd strongly suggest you backout your changes

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Gree... I'd strongly suggest you backout your changes

Dear Gree,

It appears within the last few hours there were certain changes made to the servers that has changed the behavior in the way Energy is used during LTQ's.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but a the main appeal for this game, and what keeps many people around is the perceived advantage players have that know various tricks and glitches over other players. It is only knowledge of these things that have kept people around a long time, including myself.

If you eliminate these trick and glitches and put everyone on a level playing field, there really will be little incentive for people to stick with this game that has taken months and years to learn these things... compared to just playing some other game with everyone else on a level playing field.

The reality is, probably 90% of the Top150 guilds know many tricks and glitches and in fact it is a level playing field for all of them, people just feel like they have an unfair advantage... which keeps them around.

My guild was very successful and spent thousands on gems this past war... but with the latest glitches shutdown has gone from everyone feeling successful, suddenly to everyone wanting to retire with the difficult LTQ now seeming near-impossible to finish.

I strongly suggest you should reconsider your recent changes, or expect huge numbers of people in the Top guilds to soon retire.

Post Count
    So this is why I'm seeing a lot of chatter about quitting KA in every chat room of every chat app I have right now?
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Interesting, most people will still be on level playing ground regardless of this change. But can't deny the fact that being able to accomplish those energy ltqs is priceless.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGates View Post
    Dear Gree,

It appears within the last few hours there were certain changes made to the servers that has changed the behavior in the way Energy is used during LTQ's.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but a the main appeal for this game, and what keeps many people around is the perceived advantage players have that know various tricks and glitches over other players. It is only knowledge of these things that have kept people around a long time, including myself.

If you eliminate these trick and glitches and put everyone on a level playing field, there really will be little incentive for people to stick with this game that has taken months and years to learn these things... compared to just playing some other game with everyone else on a level playing field.

The reality is, probably 90% of the Top150 guilds know many tricks and glitches and in fact it is a level playing field for all of them, people just feel like they have an unfair advantage... which keeps them around.

My guild was very successful and spent thousands on gems this past war... but with the latest glitches shutdown has gone from everyone feeling successful, suddenly to everyone wanting to retire with the difficult LTQ now seeming near-impossible to finish.

I strongly suggest you should reconsider your recent changes, or expect huge numbers of people in the Top guilds to soon retire.
    You're assuming they care?! An LTQ / GLTQ where it becomes impossible to progress on the individual without pounding through huge numbers of energy expensive guild kills first suggests otherwise.

The best response for all players is to simply do this quest as free play. Don't play their little money squeezing game.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    So this is why I'm seeing a lot of chatter about quitting KA in every chat room of every chat app I have right now?
    I'm afraid this is the end of KA. The workarounds required hard work and even then didnt mean success -- which was part of the fun. That's when the gems would come out. Now there is no point in even trying.

There is such a thing as pennywise and pound foolish, Gree. And you've found it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    More than a death knell. This is the flowers on the grave.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    @Lys same is happening here, I'm in around +15 groups in Kakao/Groupme/Palringo/Line and many are quitting.
    Add my name to the list I'm leaving soon too I might send Gree a ticket about the energy glitch in MW too because it's not fair to fix KA glitch but not mw hehee ah but I'm sure they already knows about it :x

Post Count

Angry

The changes have broken the game for legitimate players too. If your in the game and you lose 3G/4G/wifi connection your hits and kills won't count and all the energy you have waited over 2 hours for or worse used gems for has gone.
    Last edited by scottad; 03-20-2014 at 01:29 AM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Alright guys let's start it,
    I was doing the quest and accidentally my lil sister has unplugged the router wire without me knowing, I did about 20 kills and I've done 5 refills then later I noticed that my kills didn't count why? you guys took my gems and energy for nothing

Lurker
    Post Count
    The glitches were there.
    Everyone used them.
    Everyone was happy ('cept GREE obviously)
    And it kept our waning interest in this long-dead game.

So now that the final nail has been well and truly driven home, its time to unplug the servers and put us all out of our ****ing misery.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I agree, what they don't get is that many of us will spend some gems to finish a quest line we may be 90% through. Without something to get me that 90% of the way, I'm not going to bother. So instead I'm going to spend 0 gems and get 40% through because there's no way I'm throwing thousands of gems into a single quest.

Let's face it, they're not going to unfix a "Fix"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

That's like going to the store's owner and very upset tell him he should consider leaving the backdoor unlocked at night so you can continue the petty thefts of his property.
    Common sense is not common after all......

Post Count
    We were all taking advantage of a loophole in the system. That loophole, or glitch, was actually an error in their code. Gree fixed the code and now we are all the same. Now there are decisions to be made. We (individually) have to decide if this one quirk was the only thing keeping us in the game.

LTQs were getting harder and harder, mostly because we were finishing them so quickly. Gree has proved that they are reactionary to our behavior. Perhaps LTQs will get easier now. Perhaps they will see that we cannot finish their nearly impossibly LTQs any more. I don't know anyone who spends gems on LTQs and I can't imagine that starting now. I just hope that Gree will react to our inability to complete LTQs now.

Gree closed the door that we are all accustomed to using. Now we all have to use the same proper door to get in the game. Will you use it?
    The Sailing Alpacas

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Many in my guild who spend gems in wars are now talking of where do we go and we are looking for another game.
    we were not big gem spenders but most contributed regularly, we would find a target in war we could get 400 points off and allpurchase gems and hammer them for points. Not any more.
    Officer in The Dragon Reborn
    Guild ID: 595959616
    Personal ID 502-862-182
    Last War finished at 37

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Vclone View Post
    LTQs were getting harder and harder, mostly because we were finishing them so quickly. Gree has proved that they are reactionary to our behavior. Perhaps LTQs will get easier now. Perhaps they will see that we cannot finish their nearly impossibly LTQs any more. I don't know anyone who spends gems on LTQs and I can't imagine that starting now. I just hope that Gree will react to our inability to complete LTQs now.
    THIS is probably the most important point here.

GREE have probably known about these glitches for a long time and instead of fixing them they decided to up the difficulty level to try and reign in more of the free quest finishers and force them to buy gems to complete the tasks. Because, quite frankly, it is quick and easy to add difficulty to a quest while you are trying to identify and recomplile some crap code.

Now the code has been fixed but do not expect the difficulty to drop. GREE does not work like that.