Why did I bother - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did I bother

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredAndHappy View Post
    So.. in the past I spent a fortune in this game.. got my stats to 38m... The new units come out and people 5 mil behind me are now 10mil ahead of me.... no gold required

What was the point???????
    the point was to milk ya like it did the rest of us to
    Retired to free playing

Consistent Contributor MojoJojo's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by General Luke View Post
    You got enjoyment out of that cash. I am sure you have raided and bullied quite a few during that time. The rest of us took those punches, built up our unit buildings and IPH...and now it is payback. It's a game...you dished it out, now be a good sportsman and take your hits.
    +++++++1
    Payback time indeed.
    7t attack 13t defense
    2.6 bil IPH
    All land purchased. Final plot of land 1.6bil.

All around pacifist playing style.

For I shall rule the world!!! Muahahahaha

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredAndHappy View Post
    So my mini that is level 60 and 7m attack was pretty good, but was a camper and only has level 3 buildings. . I was focusing on boosts, is now screwed. . Might as well dump that account.

Debating whether to fully quit now.. My gold built HLP can be destroyed by gold free accounts...

Think this may be my last WD
    u know gree dont like campers..they will be a extinct species..gree said a month or 2 back they was gonna be changeing units and make cash and valor more useful shoulda dumped it then
    Retired to free playing

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    How long is that going to last for most players after the initial cash and valor most people have been sitting on has run out, though? Frankly with having to make this change early, we were worried we were going to see people blow all their cash on the units to start with and then lose them all in this WD to casualties (which may still happen).
    i doubt i will run out of units to buy lol thx for the change..now if u all just make us some useful LES that will actaully up the IPH of players instead of junk we will be able to buy more and better units..how about something close to the artic mining rig and the anniversary center..
    Retired to free playing

Post Count
    You can just buy units too you know. It's not like these units aren't available for everyone. I too have spent a long time building my IPH. At first I was buying stealth bombers and aircraft carriers. I accumulated many of those. Then gree added more units and I spent my money on ballistic missile subs and bought 700+ of them until they stopped adding stats and I stopped. For months now I've been going through the motions upgrading buildings and donating what was left to my faction, but I had nothing to buy. Well today that changed. Now I can finally buy something. I could be complaining I spent 15 million on subs for 90 attack when today the same price will get you 28,000, but I won't. This game has seen many many changes since I started, and these cash and valor units were the next logical step when event units and gold units have seen a 1000x increase since the game started. There are event units out now where one single solitary unit is the equivalent of 1000 gold units at a cost of 950 gold per two years ago. In those two years cash units changed once where a few extra units were added. During that time how many limited edition units, events, scratchers, daily units, and everything else was added?
    Llp 755-110-608 add me I need allies.

170m attack
    253m defense
    52m/hr income
    Lvl 252
    Free army 460 allies

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I C STUFF View Post
    Relax, you're retired and happy, right?
    Let them have their fun.
    Another shoe, REALITY. Will be dropping soon.

Remember, after you've been whacked, you can't be pestered for hours.
    Besides, leave stuff down, as in broken, it can't be attacked until you've SWIPED the damage.
    Or, ignore it all, somethings aren't all that important.
    +++++1.............moo

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    People are too worried. You can buy the same cash or valor units as me, but your boost levels will be different. If you have been playing top 3, 10, 25, etc., you will have built up boosts that will be hard to overcome. So the sky is not falling. Everyone will move up in stats, but due to the boosts, the pecking order will not change at the top. We can end up with the same 3000 units. But stats will be 2-4 times different. So if you play top 25, the change just solidified your placement and you are stuck. For those playing at the lower levels, have a lot of fun because depending on your IPH and valor count, you could make huge waves. I say this bc those at the lower levels won't have that many boosts, so the playing field there just got more even.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by What? View Post
    You can just buy units too you know. It's not like these units aren't available for everyone. I too have spent a long time building my IPH. At first I was buying stealth bombers and aircraft carriers. I accumulated many of those. Then gree added more units and I spent my money on ballistic missile subs and bought 700+ of them until they stopped adding stats and I stopped. For months now I've been going through the motions upgrading buildings and donating what was left to my faction, but I had nothing to buy. Well today that changed. Now I can finally buy something. I could be complaining I spent 15 million on subs for 90 attack when today the same price will get you 28,000, but I won't. This game has seen many many changes since I started, and these cash and valor units were the next logical step when event units and gold units have seen a 1000x increase since the game started. There are event units out now where one single solitary unit is the equivalent of 1000 gold units at a cost of 950 gold per two years ago. In those two years cash units changed once where a few extra units were added. During that time how many limited edition units, events, scratchers, daily units, and everything else was added?
    100% agree..preach brother preach..i did the same with exactly what u did..i got 500 of all those units..now is a good time for us to upgrade the infirmary and get those faction casualty bonus maxed out i suppose
    Retired to free playing

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    CJ u keep saying this new event u can trade in your old useless units on this new event. but the fact is alot of people spent valor on these old units and others did not so the people that did not will now have a unfair advantage at least offer the ability to trade in old units for valor so we can upgrade to the newest. if something isnt done i am picturing a giant increase in complaints and retires including me make it right!! and fyi my acct i had saved all my valor but my little brother did not so i am speaking from both sides of the line

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by spencecm View Post
    CJ u keep saying this new event u can trade in your old useless units on this new event. but the fact is alot of people spent valor on these old units and others did not so the people that did not will now have a unfair advantage at least offer the ability to trade in old units for valor so we can upgrade to the newest. if something isnt done i am picturing a giant increase in complaints and retires including me make it right!! and fyi my acct i had saved all my valor but my little brother did not so i am speaking from both sides of the line
    so becasue we choose to use our brain and not buy the BS valor units u are saying we will have a unfair advantage??? hahah dude u have something serious wrong with ur reasoning skills to beleive that..dont hate bc ur bro used up some valor on old units that didnt do nothing and the strategic players sit back and saved..that sounds like a personal problem not a gree problem
    Retired to free playing

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    alot of people did it was called ranking up for higher valor units and purchasing 2500 of them it would in fact increase ur stats slightly. its unfair in the fact that units havent changed in over a year and now less than two days before a wd and shorlty before the new event they do with no notice. on several other forums there were several comments made by gree developers that there were no changes planned for valor points and now they suddenly are. lemon pls explain how having the option to trade in older units for valor is irrational.

Post Count
    alot of people did it was called ranking up for higher valor units and purchasing 2500 of them it would in fact increase ur stats slightly. its unfair in the fact that units havent changed in over a year and now less than two days before a wd and shorlty before the new event they do with no notice. on several other forums there were several comments made by gree developers that there were no changes planned for valor points and now they suddenly are. lemon pls explain how having the option to trade in older units for valor is irrational.
    No notice? have you not been reading the forum. They have been stating this change for a while now.
    If you take a chance and succeed, it was worth it.

If you take a chance and fail, try again.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Why should or would Gree allow anyone to trade in valor units for the valor they used to buy the new units? Makes no sense. You got the benefit of using the units you purchased just as I did and anyone else that chose to buy valor units even if the new units put the old ones to shame. Save your cash and valor and buy them when you can. It's all part of a game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    just searched through every post about valor over the last month about valor and all i see is either no response or moderator stating that they r looking into a new event to burn extra valor no mention of overly inflated valor units being released

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    some people including myself purchased valor units in order to play new event on beta or prepare for the upcoming event that has been announced the fact is some people including myself have doubled tripled or quadrupled their stats in a period of less than 6 hours while others have barely bumped. if the units stats were not so overly inflated i would agree with u but these changes make way to significant of an impact just to b overlooked.