Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[UPDATE] Changes to Guild Wars Prizing

Hello Knights!

We’ve listened and have made changes to the Guild Wars prizing:

• Guilds 11-25 ‘s prize has been upgraded from a New Legendary (Redstone Battlegear+) to an Old Epic (Forgestone Aegis) armor!
    • Gem payouts have been increased for all applicable ranks. In addition, we’ve removed the Gold prize for ranks 11-25 and upgraded them to Gem prizes!

Look for additional upgrades to Guild Wars rewards very soon!

Fight the good fight, Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
    Hello Knights!

We’ve listened and have made changes to the Guild Wars prizing:

• Guilds 11-25 ‘s prize has been upgraded from a New Legendary (Redstone Battlegear+) to an Old Epic (Forgestone Aegis) armor!
    • Gem payouts have been increased for all applicable ranks. In addition, we’ve removed the Gold prize for ranks 11-25 and upgraded them to Gem prizes!

Look for additional upgrades to Guild Wars rewards very soon!

Fight the good fight, Knights!

you guys will not regret this. prepare to see your wallets explode. looking forward to those new additional updates coming very soon as well!

Holy.
    Cow.

The battle for top 25 is INSANE right now.

This means that people are also paying a lot more for 26-50, trying to get into the top 25.
    So...considering how this war has been going, wouldn't it follow that future rewards for 26-50 should be better as well?

I know some people will balk at this suggestion, because some of them balked at 11+...but we were right and they were wrong...but perhaps rewards for 26-50 could alternate? One war, Ribbon B will be an old Epic and the next war, Ribbon B will go back to a Legendary+.

If that were to happen, I think it would be a good place to stop. 50+ rewards do not need to be Epics.

I can't seem to get the bender when I click on your link Sol
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

By the way it's banner not bender
    Check out my friend's Forum: http://wolfslayerx.proboards.com/

Average in War: 45k points and willing to do 100k and above if required or necessary
    Average in Raid: 6M points and willing to do 15M and above if required or necessary

Sol, too early to tell on how the war will play out. Much like with normal Top 10, a guild or 5 always falls off the pace and gives up. Also, I'd wait and see how many actually continue to compete and give it a war or two to play out. One war (that just started) isn't enough to justify changing the rewards yet again.

But hey, if Top 25 keeps it up, good for them. I'll be one of the ones who was wrong.

And Ant... Seriously, learn to use the "Edit Post" button. You sound like you have multiple personalities and are talking to yourself.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Buster is right. There are obviously higher scores in top 25, but most guilds start hard and then falter.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    Holy.
    This means that people are also paying a lot more for 26-50, trying to get into the top 25.
    So...considering how this war has been going, wouldn't it follow that future rewards for 26-50 should be better as well?
    Just like I said earlier, if you change the rewards, people will complain about the next tier rewards. Then they'll change the rewards for 26-50 and 50-100 is going to complain. No more changes.
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Sent View Post
    Just like I said earlier, if you change the rewards, people will complain about the next tier rewards. Then they'll change the rewards for 26-50 and 50-100 is going to complain. No more changes.
    Have you seen the comments on the Facebook post?

"Even then it's not really that good of a change. Most of the guilds that make it in the top 50 use gems out the ass. I honestly think an increase in war Energy needs to come. Or at least make it so that your energy fills up in time to fight again. Like I'm the last couple minutes if you fight at the beginning."

"It really should be top 50. Getting 100 is difficult enough...have to have a full guild with people that want to gem"

No no no and no. Top 50 can be done with ZERO gems. Clearly out of touch with how many gems it takes to attain Top 50 scores.

"Dude its all luck. I bought the 24 dollar gem once and opened like 7 chests total including gems I had before. No epic only 2 stars"

$24? 7 Chests. Wow. Baller. Also doesn't know that Epics are quite rare apparently.

No offense Gree(d) but wth happen to the +version? make another special ribbon for #11-13 to get it with +, consider normal rly is ****ty these days, and have #14-25 gaining normal one

Just... So little faith in the player community right now.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 03-14-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Busteroaf
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by busteroaf View Post
    No offense Gree(d) but wth happen to the +version? make another special ribbon for #11-13 to get it with +, consider normal rly is ****ty these days, and have #14-25 gaining normal one
    Normal Forgestone is ****ty? I wonder what they think of Blackfrost Raiment then...
    no

It has actually been my belief from the start that 11-100 should be better. I made a pic in the 11+ thread showing what I believe rewards should be. I think a good setup would be old Epic+ for Ribbon A and old Epic for Ribbon B.

It has always been up to GREE exactly which Ribbons would see increased rewards.

Really? Gree decides who gets what?

Don't believe you.

Busteroaf
    Retired

Rewards are Fine ImO
    Thanks Gree for listening

I say it's an improvement. At least if a guild fails gets kick out of top 10 there's still an 'epic' waiting for them at the 11 spot rather than some Legend+ which most of us won't need.

Time will also prove me right when the best players from lower-performing guilds start shuffling into top 11-50 guilds for realistically attainable rewards, thus bolstering competition for those spots even further.

I don't need or want your thanks. I'm just happy to have been a part of making the game better...but if you are compelled to express gratitude, I have a PayPal for donations.