IRA Special?!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IRA Special?!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

IRA Special?!

As a syndicate with syn members and friends who play the game from Northern Ireland I have to say I'm disgusted by the name you guys have chosen for this item....
    We live just outside Belfast and personally I find it in bad taste to glorify terrorists who as recently as Christmas reek havoc on our country... It is a very active terrorist organisation, not one to be cordially thrown about for a bit of fun in a game....

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I don't know what he's talking about, but I support him. Go Faith_1!

lord of the winners lists Assault and Flattery's Avatar
    Post Count
    Hey, we're going to change this in the next data deploy.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    @Faith:

we'd already touched on this heavily, in a thread about the tone of the existing LTQ...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...ual-undertones
    LoM & SC

See that Sub Forum for Trades/Help?
    Proud to have been a Prime Mover in it's Creation!

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Thanks A&F for your reply!
    @Zippy I didn't read that thread beyond the original post don't get a lot of time for forum activity these days but felt I had to voice my opinion

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Good decision by GREE to change this. I applaud them for recognizing how it may be a sore subject for some.
    GamerTim - Level 159 Leader of Sick N Twisted syndicate

14,700,000 Attack
    14,200,000 Defense
    5,000,000 IPH - Come get it loosers.

My stats is gangsta, kid. Don't step.

Don't even think about robbing my hood. If you do, your a looser. I don't even care about my fake money getting robbed, so jokes on you stupid. I got 3.5 Billion in the bank playa, I'm living the dream. Try getting a job and maybe you can be big time like me. Probably not though.

Consistent Contributor SollyLlama's Avatar
    Post Count
    Why object to an IRA themed element in a game based on organized crime?

Do the victims of IRA bombings matter more than victims of the Cosa Nostra?

People gotta' lighten up.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SollyLlama View Post
    Why object to an IRA themed element in a game based on organized crime?

Do the victims of IRA bombings matter more than victims of the Cosa Nostra?

People gotta' lighten up.
    Really? So you presumably wouldn't object if Gree put out a Unabomber shack LTB, or named weapons after notorious mass killers in America?
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Consistent Contributor Blowin Smoke's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    Really? So you presumably wouldn't object if Gree put out a Unabomber shack LTB, or named weapons after notorious mass killers in America?
    Personally, I could care less.

Consistent Contributor FlyMeMoon's Avatar
    Post Count
    Good decision to change and its been brought up twice now... for a reason!

Consistent Contributor SollyLlama's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post

No, I wouldn't.

The game is already - by virtue of glorifying violence and organized crime - pushing the limits of good taste. Selectively objecting to some elements while accepting others would be capriciously hypocritical.

Have a nice day.

Post Count
    People need to calm down and stop looking everywhere to be offended. The ENTIRE game is criminal based! The IRA are criminals. What's next, are all of the Italians going to be offended by the mafia overtones?

Get over yourselves.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Agree that this game is not PC just by the nature of the game. I would PREFER to have weapons and buildings that have some historical importance. Imagine a super duper explosive prize named 'Fat Man', or a cool machine gun names "Bonnie and Clyde", or a hatchet name the "Dahmer Special'. This game is about glorifying how well you can kill and rob. Let's embrace it.
    Proud leader of V.A.S.T. (503-368-715) and member of G.A.P.P.S. (https://www.facebook.com/GAPPStm)

V.A.S.T. gaming family, with a presence in Eve, World of Tanks, Clash of Clans, Minecraft, and many other multi-player games.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by xRedfoxx View Post
    Agree that this game is not PC just by the nature of the game. I would PREFER to have weapons and buildings that have some historical importance. Imagine a super duper explosive prize named 'Fat Man', or a cool machine gun names "Bonnie and Clyde", or a hatchet name the "Dahmer Special'. This game is about glorifying how well you can kill and rob. Let's embrace it.
    is there any killing in the game?... cant ever recall killing something on an ltq or killing a player, just get the "this player is beaten up too badly£ notice

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by dribblin todger View Post
    is there any killing in the game?... cant ever recall killing something on an ltq or killing a player, just get the "this player is beaten up too badly£ notice
    Its pretty well implied with the visuals using guns and knives in the attacks. But I do think the blasting during the crime boss events qualifies....

Are we going to start splitting hairs that beating someone to a pulp and robbing them is not as bad as murder, and therefore acceptable?
    Proud leader of V.A.S.T. (503-368-715) and member of G.A.P.P.S. (https://www.facebook.com/GAPPStm)

V.A.S.T. gaming family, with a presence in Eve, World of Tanks, Clash of Clans, Minecraft, and many other multi-player games.