ive come to the conclusion

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ive come to the conclusion

Post Count

ive come to the conclusion

ok i been thinking whats the point in riaseing ur stats on all the events if u are already getting 450 wd a hit? right now with my stats i can hit lvl 300s and pretty much find a target on ever team we face in Wd except the top 2..the point im trying to make why would we need to get to 100m stats other then personal egos and addictions? once u get past 25m stats u can pretty much get 450 wd a hit on certain targets..so is it really a advantage to get to 100m stats when all u gonna do is lvl up and not even get close to 450wd a hit then..im not gonna be doing nothing that i gotta pay for outside WD bc when im getting 450 wd a hit now it just dont make no sense to pay for higher stats bc its not like they get 500-600 wd a hit for haveing higher stats..yes higher stats i know can make u raid better but in my case i dont never raid unless im bored out my brain..just want to see what some of your alls thoughts are on this matter...thx
    Retired to free playing

Post Count
    What happens when they change the point scoring calculation?
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54
    Because without our players, there would be no game. And we aim to communicate that more.

Signed, CJ and the MW Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Mind View Post
    your children must be so proud of you, do they bring in your phone for show and tell?

Banned
    Post Count
    But if you stop increasing stats then won't people start leaving you behind resulting in less targets for you during WD?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It makes sense for the short period, but I would fear that over the long term, all those targets you are hitting now would strengthen themselves to be out of your reach, eventually... I'm sure that would take a while. But if your not running to stand still in this game, you are getting passed. Right?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassleham View Post
    But if you stop increasing stats then won't people start leaving you behind resulting in less targets for you during WD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent1200 View Post
    It makes sense for the short period, but I would fear that over the long term, all those targets you are hitting now would strengthen themselves to be out of your reach, eventually... I'm sure that would take a while. But if your not running to stand still in this game, you are getting passed. Right?
    m not gonna stop doing the events..im just saying im not gonna pay to get them outside of WD..b4 i come to this conclusion i wanted ever unit they put out..now with the costs its getting nuts to try and get anything..im on a top 10 team as well so that helps me keep in the running with all the ones below me that i score most on..there are ways to increase stats smart and then they are the dumb ones that just want to tap tap tap on ever event that they put out no matter how high the cost to get a new shiny unit,but your and hassleham concerns are spot on
    Last edited by lemonhaze; 03-11-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Retired to free playing

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Bndawgs View Post
    What happens when they change the point scoring calculation?
    i have been thinking about that but i dont beleive nothing gree says till i actaully see it done to be honest
    Retired to free playing

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Yours is one of the smarter but temporary conclusions this week sir. I can add, for your comfort, that you will never be able to reach the top gear anyways for reasons I will not state again. Hence, satisfying your ego or addition is not even possible.
    Further, level 300 spenders are picking up a bigger portion of the bill so let them bleed further. Their wd scores are 250 average and the newest feature of course is the boss event where level 300 spenders need to deliver tens of billions damage per boss. This is not odd in any way. gree policy is always tuned to the effect that it is always possible to start a new character at any time and get into the higher ranks if you hack or pay legitimately enough. That means that higher level players who wish to continue to spend will, at some point, realise that the effectiveness of their spending will increase dramatically when they start anew. Hence, Maintaining the highest level is highly discouraged by gree for logical commercial reasons.
    For these reasons your conclusion is good but temporary as you will unstoppably sail to level 300 and meet your demise.
    Yours,
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Lemon, if you only played the wd events, and did reasonably well, I'd say you could keep up, beacuse the attack bonuses are always bigger than the deff ones. You're right about the bigger numbers, it's ego, but that is what drives this game. Play the events that you can in between that are more resonabke in cost and time. Leave the rest, and you will be just fine. We all get hung up in the we must complete every event thing. I've opted out of the auction events for some time now, last ones I did me and ferr used to compete in. They are about the worst values avaible, we were both idiots for what we spent on them, not to say we Arnt both idiots for what we spent on the game period,lol. Some of our guys like to get those, and do every event, so they have the max, and if that's what they want, more power to them. I'm over having to max out, as I'm certainly not lacking in stats.i prefer putting my efforts into faction events, where it helps more people.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    Lemon, if you only played the wd events, and did reasonably well, I'd say you could keep up, beacuse the attack bonuses are always bigger than the deff ones. You're right about the bigger numbers, it's ego, but that is what drives this game. Play the events that you can in between that are more resonabke in cost and time. Leave the rest, and you will be just fine. We all get hung up in the we must complete every event thing. I've opted out of the auction events for some time now, last ones I did me and ferr used to compete in. They are about the worst values avaible, we were both idiots for what we spent on them, not to say we Arnt both idiots for what we spent on the game period,lol. Some of our guys like to get those, and do every event, so they have the max, and if that's what they want, more power to them. I'm over having to max out, as I'm certainly not lacking in stats.i prefer putting my efforts into faction events, where it helps more people.
    Sigh yes, dont remind me pls
    Unlike many think, we do not touch the world, we hover it.
    If you understand this, you love physics.

Post Count
    Came to this conclusion months ago and even advised everyone in VFF to never feel obligated to finish events. I would rather see my friends around for months to come than to burn out in a single 3 week period by spending $2,000.

Obvioulsy if your income can afford you to finish than no big deal but in the end know your never going to be the strongest so once you realize that then whats the point? Compete with yourself with what is "managable based on your income". If you have targets during war and are having fun thats all that really matters. There have been plenty of events i regret doing because i didn't know the cost of them initially and there are some i regret not doing...but thats part of the game. I have to make sacrafices in order to have fun in the game and keep playing (those of us playing for over 2 years keep dumping money month after month into the game and we need to be realistic)

I try to not do the Crate events anymore (as you spend 3000+ gold and not get your 10th item...your bound to be angry) and i do the events that fit in my budget. It doesn't make me as competitive as others in the game but i usually always have a target against opponents (exception to SUP/OSW/GSF)
    VFF Legends

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    That's what I've been telling people for a while theif. Don't feel the need to do every event. We still won't lose stats to others, as we always get the top wd ones. If I had known the last ltq was going to cost 15k gold I would not have done it, and didn't do it on my mini. I did the others all at the same time, so in for a penny, in for a pound. Next time I see 87 levels, I'll pass.lol

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    m not gonna stop doing the events..im just saying im not gonna pay to get them outside of WD..b4 i come to this conclusion i wanted ever unit they put out..now with the costs its getting nuts to try and get anything..im on a top 10 team as well so that helps me keep in the running with all the ones below me that i score most on..there are ways to increase stats smart and then they are the dumb ones that just want to tap tap tap on ever event that they put out no matter how high the cost to get a new shiny unit,but your and hassleham concerns are spot on
    I get what you mean now. I think it's a good idea and you should stick with it!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferr View Post
    Yours is one of the smarter but temporary conclusions this week sir. I can add, for your comfort, that you will never be able to reach the top gear anyways for reasons I will not state again. Hence, satisfying your ego or addition is not even possible.
    Further, level 300 spenders are picking up a bigger portion of the bill so let them bleed further. Their wd scores are 250 average and the newest feature of course is the boss event where level 300 spenders need to deliver tens of billions damage per boss. This is not odd in any way. gree policy is always tuned to the effect that it is always possible to start a new character at any time and get into the higher ranks if you hack or pay legitimately enough. That means that higher level players who wish to continue to spend will, at some point, realise that the effectiveness of their spending will increase dramatically when they start anew. Hence, Maintaining the highest level is highly discouraged by gree for logical commercial reasons.
    For these reasons your conclusion is good but temporary as you will unstoppably sail to level 300 and meet your demise.
    Yours,
    yes i know ferr i cannot stop myself from getting to lvl 300 but what im thinking of doing is doing it the smart way and getting there as slowly as i can and hopes by that time they will have increased the lvl cap again
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed ump View Post
    same here only doing fltq and WD..i dont raid ever unless im super bored thats why i got my iph to 40m so i wouldnt have to raid and that helps me to avoid lvling up..i will never have the max or be anywhere close to that so im content with what i do have to..and yes we are idiots for spending what we have on the worst customer service, ungodly awful graphics and all the glitches but yet we still spend lol insanity!!
    Retired to free playing

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Great thread and all the more enjoyable to see big players with reasoned responses. Sadly I'm sure a troll will be right along to hijack any minute.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Came to this conclusion months ago and even advised everyone in VFF to never feel obligated to finish events. I would rather see my friends around for months to come than to burn out in a single 3 week period by spending $2,000.

Obvioulsy if your income can afford you to finish than no big deal but in the end know your never going to be the strongest so once you realize that then whats the point? Compete with yourself with what is "managable based on your income". If you have targets during war and are having fun thats all that really matters. There have been plenty of events i regret doing because i didn't know the cost of them initially and there are some i regret not doing...but thats part of the game. I have to make sacrafices in order to have fun in the game and keep playing (those of us playing for over 2 years keep dumping money month after month into the game and we need to be realistic)

I try to not do the Crate events anymore (as you spend 3000+ gold and not get your 10th item...your bound to be angry) and i do the events that fit in my budget. It doesn't make me as competitive as others in the game but i usually always have a target against opponents (exception to SUP/OSW/GSF)
    i dont care if im the weakest in the game as long as i contiune to get 450wd a hit it doesnt matter and i can score just as good or better then sup1-2, and OSW members it just depends if i want to spend that type of cash in which i dont want to..the point is it dont matter if u are the strongest in this game the most WD a hit u will get is 450wd period so other then the fact of strokeing my ego its really pointless to get all those extra units that dont do anything other then move ur attack and def..i do all the events for free dont spend a drop of gold on nothing but WD..i get my points off top 25 teams and back
    Last edited by lemonhaze; 03-11-2014 at 12:03 PM.
    Retired to free playing