Is using a computer to play Crime City for you considered cheating? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is using a computer to play Crime City for you considered cheating?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicalmofo View Post
    There is no click click click when the game is automated.

There's an app
    There's a script
    The game runs 24/7 with no interaction

While playing, I've been offered money on plenty of occasions to write bots and scripts - User join scripts to auto add mafia members, Rank gain scripts that just do different jobs over and over, boss farming scripts, building collection scripts, player attacking scripts...
    Not everyone who plays on bluestacks runs an autoscript

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Bluestacks is not currently in violation of our Terms of Service, though we also do not offer support for any issues that occur in the game while using Bluestacks as it is not one of our officially supported platforms.

Using scripts or automation while using Bluestacks IS a violation of our Terms of Services and players will be banned for doing so.

Consistent Contributor FlyMeMoon's Avatar
    Post Count
    If the game isn't being played in the way it was intended then it is cheating imo. Auto collection of buildings is just wrong and makes a mockery of game.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid T View Post
    Not everyone who plays on bluestacks runs an autoscript
    Yeah, this. the OP left out a big part of what you guys are saying in this forum. "is using a computer cheating?" and "is using automation on a computer cheating?"

That is like asking "is it cheating to root your phone?" no, since you can root your phone and not touch CC. "is it cheating to root your phone and hack CC?" yes.

Also, if automating something is cheating then Bots need to be outlawed.
    Last edited by Bartolo; 03-10-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count

Poor Losers

Let's be clear here. The player that SAS is trying to smear here uses Bluestacks (completely legal), and then an auto click mouse. This is not automated gaming. He still must choose his actions, he just doesn't have to click over and over. It won't rob for him or chose targets or do anything more than click multiple times in the spot he tells it to. This can be used to save a little finger cramping at times in war but is no faster or less involved than any standard style if play.

So what's really going on here? SAS lost another war and is now lying about a TAW member in an attempt to smear the team and invalidate their victory. There is no dishonor in fighting hard and losing. But there is great dishonor in what is happening here.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I've got no dog in this fight but a gree developer just told you that using automation while playing on blue stacks will get a player banned. Then you come on to say that your player uses an automated mouse while playing on blue stacks. I think you might've been better off to just keep your mouth shut.

Adding the quote:

Let's be clear here. The player that SAS is trying to smear here uses Bluestacks (completely legal), and then an auto click mouse. This is not automated gaming. He still must choose his actions, he just doesn't have to click over and over. It won't rob for him or chose targets or do anything more than click multiple times in the spot he tells it to. This can be used to save a little finger cramping at times in war but is no faster or less involved than any standard style if play.

So what's really going on here? SAS lost another war and is now lying about a TAW member in an attempt to smear the team and invalidate their victory. There is no dishonor in fighting hard and losing. But there is great dishonor in what is happening here.
    Last edited by Diamond Dave; 03-10-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: To quote what I responded to in case of edit.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    I looked through the TOS, and it does actually say:

"You further agree not to... use or distribute cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify any user’s experience with the Service."
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Sorry but I don't see how you can claim SAS is lying here? Im not an SAS fan, and this has been proved by countless of my posts, yet you've personally just admitted your own team mate is breaking the ToS that a developer has posted will result in a ban.
    What possible good did you think would come from that post?
    It's absolutely not a smear campaign when it's truthful.

When someone is doing a human-impossible number of requests/actions (i.e. serious attempts at cheating/automation) it throws a bunch of warnings over here and we ban that account. There's ultimately no way to totally 100% prevent bot-type stuff (in our game or any other online game) because of the wide range of behavior those can theoretically exhibit, but we do monitor for it and issue warnings or bans if appropriate (and depending on the severity).

EDIT: Also, it is at our discretion as far as what requires action. If anyone's concerned with a specific case, send in a ticket with *actual information* in it and we'll review, but it is at our discretion.
    Last edited by CJ54; 03-10-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Lurker
    Post Count
    What I take from that is that the player isn't doing anything outside the normal bounds of activity so it's ok. Thanks for responding again.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    What about if it doesn't throw you the warning, but one of there team mates comes on your forum and admits he is using it? Still bannable?

Lurker
    Post Count

Interesting...

You can still play cc on the computer?

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    When someone is doing a human-impossible number of requests/actions (i.e. serious attempts at cheating/automation) it throws a bunch of warnings over here and we ban that account. There's ultimately no way to totally 100% prevent bot-type stuff (in our game or any other online game) because of the wide range of behavior those can theoretically exhibit, but we do monitor for it and issue warnings or bans if appropriate (and depending on the severity).

EDIT: Also, it is at our discretion as far as what requires action. If anyone's concerned with a specific case, send in a ticket with *actual information* in it and we'll review, but it is at our discretion.
    No offence here cj. But that edit makes it sound like it's at your discretion, meaning in your best interests. If he uses it as a big gold spender to get a massive amount of taps in fine, if I use it to collect all my buildings on time would it still be fine? I don't quite understand how you can pick and choose when to follow your own ToS. They either are the rules or they aren't. Not one rule for one and one for another.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by The Otter View Post

As an outsider I have to disagree with you. You call somebody who questions the method of winning a poor loser! Don't think that's right to do, and more so you put more oil in the fire with your statement using a new created account, btw. Why didn't you use your regular account which you probably have? Scared!?!? Why, cause you are the one, or you did use it too?

I hope, Gree will investigate that, and make an example to avoid cheating/misuse.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    No offence here cj. But that edit makes it sound like it's at your discretion, meaning in your best interests. If he uses it as a big gold spender to get a massive amount of taps in fine, if I use it to collect all my buildings on time would it still be fine? I don't quite understand how you can pick and choose when to follow your own ToS. They either are the rules or they aren't. Not one rule for one and one for another.
    How would it help you collect even 1 building let alone all? Try clicking over and over in one spot on a building and see for yourself. You're deliberately misrepresenting what an auto click mouse is. Many mice will auto click if you hold the button down. It's not a software bot and it won't get any more taps in than regular fast clicking. It's still slower than tapping on iOS. It's a simple effect of introducing a mouse instead of a touch screen and it has advantages and disadvantages but it doesn't actually affect the game play in any meaningful way.