Frontal Assault Troopers? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frontal Assault Troopers?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Sure, lots of them add up, I agree. A year ago having 1,000 Brigand Lightnings used to be great though, and now they're relatively worthless with 99/80 stats. Granted they're destructible, but still.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyThePick View Post
    Hey it is perfectly cool if they are due to the beta program. But I do think its a touch unfair that they are allowed in someone's inventory outside of said event.
    Unfair=whining. Were you the same guy complaining about the people who stayed up all night to kill 200 level 10s?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I am whining? “ unfair... outside of that event”. Am I asking Gree to award those units to everyone? No. Am I asking Gree for “compensation”? No. Both of those instances, would be whining. With regard to your second question, was my handle in that thread that you cite?

Now, if you don’t mind, I have a few questions for you: Are you a member of the beta test team? If so, was there an invitation, or announcement posted in the forum about who was eligible to participate and when? Is your whole faction participating, or a subset? Lastly, if you are on the beta team, how many of those units have you earned so far?

Lurker
    Post Count
    i am not in a beta group, but have signed up. I was smart enough to get in touch with a beta faction, whose name I will not give, and get some experience with frontal assault. in doing this I amassed several troops.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Knater, I applaud your candor, honesty, and even your discretion - Thank you. Additionally, congratulations on your good fortune to know some of the participants, temporarily join them, and the insight you've gained from the experience. It is a very nice perk indeed.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Interesting, i bet they dont test things on android, requested for beta testing on android lots of times but no response and loads of bugs andglitches...
    Proud officer of The Dutch Fighters
    A strong and fun top 150-faction

Join our faction: 291-664-130

Post Count
    dang........too much whining
    I may not be your daddy, but I will still spank you.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Ok.. I shall talk about fight club in a hope to clarify some things.. but hopefully this thread will be deleted

Please do not assume that this is how the event will work once released as the is only the.. I will not go into details but will confirm why the units have appeared

1. This is the beta testing the new assault event
    2. It is a faction event, but everyone in the faction is awarded these units if a beta tester wins them
    3. The testers are sacrificing units to wins these units. And believe me, some people are losing a lot as well.. I have sacrificed over 300k in units
    4. Should the faction win, they get 50 of these units.. this could be happening every 30 mins

Now yes, they may appear to give an unfair advantage, but these units barely make it into the inventory of long time players. Gree has already hinted towards this event giving out really good prizes when it goes live.. So I do believe that in a few months these units will be completely useless for everyone, apart from the fact that they can be used as cannon-fodder

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    and as an fyi.. The beta testing for this has been very useful for Gree.. There have been a number of bugs identified which will allow the Devs time to correct before it is released.. Without these beta tests, new events like this would be riddled with bugs.. i do realize that we will still find bugs once it goes live, but at least it will be greatly reduced

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I don't think this qualifies as whining - just astute observations... Nothing wrong with that. But the points about burning through units are well taken - according to the info posted to this board by mods I think we can expect to loose a total of 180 units per 30 minute war when it goes live + I would assume that all the testers were long time players and that competition was stiff and retiredandhappy is right for really long term players these rewards are likelier to be used back in this event.

On another tack - I was wondering if any long term players could offer some advice about mining units in view of preparing oneself for this new event... I think I only have about 500 units I don't use in my army and they are veeeeeery low stat units. I notice that completed missions don't really allow for unit mining. Any advice on how newer players might bulk up their inventory?
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." - Bill Watterson

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherah View Post
    I don't think this qualifies as whining - just astute observations... Nothing wrong with that. But the points about burning through units are well taken - according to the info posted to this board by mods I think we can expect to loose a total of 180 units per 30 minute war when it goes live + I would assume that all the testers were long time players and that competition was stiff and retiredandhappy is right for really long term players these rewards are likelier to be used back in this event.

On another tack - I was wondering if any long term players could offer some advice about mining units in view of preparing oneself for this new event... I think I only have about 500 units I don't use in my army and they are veeeeeery low stat units. I notice that completed missions don't really allow for unit mining. Any advice on how newer players might bulk up their inventory?
    The quickest and easiest way would be to use the vast amounts of valor we have all amassed. I think I currently have over 15mil.
    Once upon a time led a Top 25 Faction, now...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Best bang for buck is the valour units awarded from promotions hardened Marine, Elite Water Cruiser as examples. Go to the inventory and check out your valour units is my advise. Cash units aren't as good, but you do need them for Map missions as you progress.

To determine effect on your stats it's a simple case of check stats before you purchase, purchase a quantity and determine if your stats jump enough to warrant purchasing more. You can at least replace these units...

Depends on your level, how much you've worked on building upgrades really.

If the boss units from current event are making your army then valour is your answer

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Valor units.. Map loots (xp gain thou).. cash units are pointless.. lots and lots of level 5-30 raid bosses

Post Count
    As said before: Those valor units obtained by rank are best for newer players with farming low level raid boss as often as possible.

In response to another: Expected consumption is only 20/half hour based on regen unless you are using gold. If you are away for a while and return, you will have 50 at your disposal but then it goes back to regen. There are also some event rewards that will likely help out, but you won't know what those are until the event launches.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Crammer View Post
    As said before: Those valor units obtained by rank are best for newer players with farming low level raid boss as often as possible.

In response to another: Expected consumption is only 20/half hour based on regen unless you are using gold. If you are away for a while and return, you will have 50 at your disposal but then it goes back to regen. There are also some event rewards that will likely help out, but you won't know what those are until the event launches.
    Don't make assumptions based on the beta..
    No guarantee that a war will be 30mins or that you will win 50 units..