High level does not equal long time player

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High level does not equal long time player

Articulate Author
    Post Count

High level does not equal long time player

Stop whining. Just because you've played a long time does NOT mean you are a high level player and vice versa. You guys keep complaining "why are you punishing me for being active and for playing this game a long time?" Well look at my forum join date. I started playing MW the day it came out and I am level 130. You aren't getting punished because you've played a long time. You're getting punished because you used a poor strategy and are weak for your level. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I take great care in considering the XP/STAT ratio as well as the STAT/Gold ratio of everything I do. You haven't been more active than me. It has been the case SINCE THIS GAME STARTED.... That you ALWAYS want to be strong for you level. This is nothing new so stop acting like it's some big change they made to punish long time players. If you look at stats as a raw number (I'm sure many of you mindless whiners do) you are fools. This game is all about ratios. You wasted valuable XP on pointless endeavors... You completed missions when you started playing which weren't part of any LTQ. You have garbage iph so you again waste XP on raiding and fighting for cash. Then you want to cry when your sad, pathetic excuse for an account is too weak to compete in certain events.

You could have played smart from the start... But you didn't. You now... Have the benefit of playing without any concern for XP gain. You have more skill points than me and likely way more energy. Those are your bonuses for rushing ahead and thoughtlessly playing. Be happy for that. Yet... You aren't. You now want Gree to favor you bc of your poor choice. "I want whatever strategy I use to be rewarded". That's what you're saying. But you KNEW the cons of leveling fast and you did it anyways.

You guys complain about this game not having any strategy... Well THAT'S the strategy. It's much harder to manage events carefully and be mindful of XP. You have removed that little obstacle. You get rewarded in LTQs (more skill points for energy) and war (yes you get garbage WD payout but you have more targets and are able to fight against people 100-200 levels below you). Now you ALSO want events to be easier for you. People who play smart get certain rewards. There are pros and cons to every strategy or style of play. Deal with it.

The main point of this rant is to make you understand a few simple facts:

1) LONG TERM PLAYER DOES NOT EQUAL HIGH LEVEL.

2) YOU ARE NOT GETTING PUNISHED FOR PLAYING A LONG TIME.

3) YOU ARE GETTING PUNISHED BECAUSE YOU USED A BAD STRATEGY AND ARE WEAK FOR YOUR LEVEL.

4) STAT/LEVEL RATIO HAS ALWAYS BEEN IMPORTANT SO STOP CRYING EVERY TIME AN EVENT ROLLS AROUND THAT DOESNT REWARD YOU FOR YOUR STUPID STYLE OF PLAY.

5) THERE ARE PROS AND CONS TO EACH STYLE OF PLAY. ENJOY YOUR PROS STOP WHINING ABOUT YOUR CONS. THIS IS NOTHING NEW.

Let the flaming begin.... just try not to short out your keyboards with your tears.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Dang what a camper! Salute

Post Count
    Good for you 👏👏👏👏

Banned
    Post Count
    Good points, OP.
    The only comment I can add is always consider the consequences of your choices.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by cOsMiC-tRiGgEr View Post
    Let the flaming begin.... just try not to short out your keyboards with your tears.
    Awesome statement!!
    Pissheads on Tour
    Health Regen -30%
    Infantry Att 20%
    Infantry Def. 35%
    Ground Att 15%
    Ground Def 35%
    Air Att 10%
    Air Def 30%
    Sea Att 5%
    Sea Def 20%
    Building Def 30%
    Building O/P 20%
    Guild Inc. +30
    Add Me Alliance Code 487352274

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    The camping seems to have worked for you. I think most of us joined a war game to war though. That part or the game means you gain xp, and grow in levels. I think if I were going to play without that element of the game, that there are other games better suited to this, that allow many more intresting developments than this one does for that type of play. You seem to enjoy it though, and that in the end is all that matters. You do have to realize what the game is more geared towards, and why most people play it. I would not say they made poor choices, and I was also on since day one. If you or anyone were to tell me now that you knew back then why leveling up would do, I'd say you wernt being honest

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What stats do you got?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Depends on your definition of fun. You might have had a ball doing what you did and I congratulate you. To others who have a shorter attention span, perhaps it's not the strategy that works for them. You could have made your post more informative for us by stating what your stats are and what level you play. We could then debate if depending on our own personal situation, we would have liked to mimic your strategy or go a different way. We have one person in our faction who is a lv100, top 10 and 30mm stats. I won't bother mentioning his IPH as it's not 7 digits. So I wonder if you're having as much fun as he is.
    Last edited by DFI; 03-09-2014 at 06:37 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    When i first started I went up 150 lvls in 3 days(there was an npc that gave 303 xp) but 3 of us came in 1500 that war and had a blast doing it. 7 months later im lvl 199 I am average stats and iph, from what I see in my rivals list, yes I have slowed a little because I learned the game, but I still lvl a couple times a month. At the op rate he must only log in everday and collect. Thats not fun...

But my mini on the other hand... good post and correct.
    Last edited by redvenge99; 03-09-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    wish you success

Banned
    Post Count
    Live and let live is my approach to life and the game.
    If camping is enjoyable to the OP, good for him.
    The war aspect is simply buying gold and tapping.
    If you enjoy that, good for you, too.
    If someone budgets $10.00 a month for this game, and another person budgets $10,000 a week, bully for both of them.
    People speak of enjoyment and recreation, and that's great.
    Some folks enjoy jogging, others golf, some bowl, others like hoops, some are couch potatoes, and many are chairborne warriors.
    Isn't it time to stop bickering, respect different ideas, and chill?

Post Count
    I fully agree with the op here, I have both an hlp and an llp, both have their pros and cons, and I enjoy playing both in different strategies.
    We all have addictions.. I just have 298 of them..

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimm View Post
    I fully agree with the op here, I have both an hlp and an llp, both have their pros and cons, and I enjoy playing both in different strategies.
    Agree, but I don't think the OP is saying the same.

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    Dfi, if you were asking my stats, I'm about 260m and lvL 300,230m lvL 300, and 130 m lvL 267, on my top three games. I have plenty of fun, but find it in diff places. I enjoy the crybabies who can't stand playing a war game. A lot seem to think that they should have a shot at first place, and cry about that. The game play itself is not where I derive my gun, my the social aspect, and interactions. Ic, what you are saying recently, and above goes against what you have said and done here for months. More smoke and mirrors, or an actual change in thinking? Time will tell

Post Count
    Hmm my forum join date is Nov 2011, which was exactly 2-3 days after the game was released on the Canadian app store. So there seems to be a missing 1 month eh.

I think that the real issue is that folks expect this to be some sort of strategy game, it was sort of at the very beginning but that changed the minute someone at Funzio started messing with the way the game was played and with the stats of a few units.

Personally I don't see camping as much of a strategy in a war game, especially now that you can bulk up a brand new player by putting them in a strong established faction and take full advantage of the unit bonuses available when Faction LTQ's occur.

Also consider that having a big economy isn't really going to do much any longer, cash units are useless, defence buildings are no longer strong enough. But it is nice for the stronger players who come in and take away all that hard earned cash. Kind of makes me want to fully cloak my base.

You are getting punished for not spending a crapload of real cash though….
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13