Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Community Event: Vote now for your favorite knight!!

Hello Knights!

5 Finalists have been chosen for our "Knight's Story" Community Event! Please visit our Facebook page and like the knight that you think deserves the responsibility of wearing the new Arcane Mantle Armor! Voting period ends on March 10, 2014 at 3pm PDT.

I thought it should be 2-4 sentences only? Non of them got 2-4 sentences only

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunately, I don't have enough middle fingers just to show you how i feel

Quote Originally Posted by Devour View Post
    I thought it should be 2-4 sentences only? Non of them got 2-4 sentences only
    Those were more guidelines and not strict rules. Most entries did not adhere to any or all of the rules we set forth. In light of this, we just chose the most interesting and creative stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Elita View Post
    Those were more guidelines and not strict rules. Most entries did not adhere to any or all of the rules we set forth. In light of this, we just chose the most interesting and creative stories.
    Submissions that fail to adhere to these guidelines will not be considered.
    I just thought so. Anyway thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunately, I don't have enough middle fingers just to show you how i feel

Wouldn't it make more sense to only include those that followed the rules as finalists?

Otherwise why have rules or guidelines at all?

Gree is quick on the trigger with banning people for minor things and simultaneously abolishes an already arbitrary set of rules. Sending mixed signals there, guys.
    Sir William

Level 200+
    Member of Rainbow Ponies

I like the fact theye went with the stories. I enjoyed the creativity

I followed the rules.

Mine was creative.

But since I wasn't creative enough to rip off the Fresh Prince theme, I'm out.

OK.

Since there's a guidelines/rules in place, shouldn't that be adhere to rather than be 'flexible' about it.

It's unfair to those who follow the rules and wasn't chosen. How creative can you be with 4 sentences?

No kidding. Your rewarding people for not following the rules? That is just dumb GREE.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir William View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to only include those that followed the rules as finalists?

Otherwise why have rules or guidelines at all?

Gree is quick on the trigger with banning people for minor things and simultaneously abolishes an already arbitrary set of rules. Sending mixed signals there, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    I followed the rules.

Mine was creative.

OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodorus View Post
    Since there's a guidelines/rules in place, shouldn't that be adhere to rather than be 'flexible' about it.

It's unfair to those who follow the rules and wasn't chosen. How creative can you be with 4 sentences?
    Quote Originally Posted by bosskiller View Post
    No kidding. Your rewarding people for not following the rules? That is just dumb GREE.
    My name is Busteroaf, and I agree with every one of these posts. You make rules for a contest then go back on them because the "majority" didn't follow the rules. Granted, its the company you work for, not us, who gets to decide the rules, but... if you don't follow your own rules or "general guidelines"... why should we?

Its called, you REWARD THE ONES WHO DID and this won't be a problem with anyone. Give them honorable mentions or something as a "we thought it was funny but didn't follow the rules enough to win" and then have a legit vote for those who did. The next contest you can change the rules.

Very unfair.

Guess its easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. Those who ask for forgiveness have already done what they want, while those that ask for permission don't get to.
    Last edited by busteroaf; 03-07-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Why so serious?

Hello,

We do apologize as it was not our intention to upset any of you, however, the OVERWHELMING majority did not adhere to the rules. This was a lesson to us for future contests. However, we do feel that a contest that is open to any player cost-free is much less serious than enforcing rules set forth in the game. Keeping the integrity of a game is a far more serious matter and enforcing fair play for our players (as we know many of you spend) is a different matter altogether. We do sincerely apologize but honestly felt it was the best course of action. Thanks!

I voted for the only person that ACTUALLY followed the rules and I can see he isn't even close to winning. This was a terrible competition and in the future i will know that not following the rules will be the path to victory.
    Level 160+

Maxed Armors: Tectonic (x2), Blazeborne, North, Arborsteel(x2), Blaztestone, Santa, Druidic, Runic, Cyclone, Hellfire, Snowstorm, Arcane, Sol, Centurion.

Line ID: bluntman57

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    I followed the rules.

Mine was creative.

OK.
    This is the main one that made me put up my original post about how the internet trolls were going to win. It's the frigging internet. A real story was never going to win. Only a satyr of an old joke was intended to win. Internet voting. Not to mention, Gree employees judging something 'creative?' The people that used old re-colored skins of bosses for a straight month, and make every single earth armor holding a giant mallet or hammer? You weren't going to see originality win.
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

Hello,

We do apologize as it was not our intention to upset any of you, however, the OVERWHELMING majority did not adhere to the rules. This was a lesson to us for future contests. However, we do feel that a contest that is open to any player cost-free is much less serious than enforcing rules set forth in the game. Keeping the integrity of a game is a far more serious matter and enforcing fair play for our players (as we know many of you spend) is a different matter altogether. We do sincerely apologize but honestly felt it was the best course of action. Thanks!
    Yeah. It may be true that, 'in-game' and 'cost-free' contest are different things in your book, but they're not in ours. In our eyes, enforcement is enforcement. And when you let anyone they want run amock in a contest, but ban hammer people in game and on forums for minor violations, you look like the flip-flop, not us.

They are different matters in your eyes, but they aren't different matters logically. You set up a contest that said, "Follow rules or you can't win," and now you have a message out there (formed by letting rule violators win), that says, "Hey don't worry about rules. We'll do whatever we want anyway."

You may have learned something here about your future attempts, but I can tell you right now what we, as a community learned here: "Break the rules. You could win. Because if you follow the rules, you definitely won't."

If entries that didn't follow the guidelines were truly removed from consideration the way they would have been, you wouldn't have had to 'learn' anything from this. The violators would have learned from their inability to follow rules. What you've done here is shown people that if they don't follow rules, you aren't concerned about it. It may be only a 'cash-free' very not-serious event to you, but the mindset that you've reinforced into the minds of the players will carry over from that event and into the game.

Not to mention how irate I am that you seem so bloody benevolent that you gave us a 'cash-free' event. Thank you so much lord and master for not forcing us to shell out thousands of currencies for the random, (very minute), possibility of a prize. Instead, this time, we have people following the rules and receiving a complete zero percent chance to win. Much better.

In the future we won't have our hopes up. Lesson well learned.
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here