Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boss health insanely high ?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    gree please give a shance to poor people fix energy boss

Consistent Contributor nicsonology's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Generic_Username View Post
    If some ppl didnt create who finish epic boss event thread during last boss event, we might still have the same boss health format. I suspect gree raised it seeing most of you posted how "easy" it was. I could be wrong though.
    Agreed, you told the retards before,
    1 people opened a stupid thread, affected entirely
    KA - nic - 714 078 305

Consistent Contributor nicsonology's Avatar
    Post Count
    KA - nic - 714 078 305

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    It looks like Gree will be "Looking into this folks!" until the event is over. Even if they fix the boss health now, there is not enough time to complete the 100 kills. My guess is that they just ignore us, like they usually do.
    Very frustrating.
    Purple Squirrel

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I think they need to go to work with MZ for a while on GoW.......got a problem, email them and get a response straight away, with explanation and apology with reward if they feel it is needed........ and if the game goes down, pretty much free gold for all.........TAKE NOTE GREE that's how to run a game, not how to run a game into the ground till all your players leave.....

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    You know why the epic boss has insanely high health? Read the post below from :

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Gree, just wondering the reasoning behind making this Raid Boss about 3x as much health, but NOT correcting our attack to include our boosts. Our attack was FINALLY corrected to include boosts the last Epic Boss giving a lot of us high hopes the same would occur for the Raid Boss. Is this on purpose that it is not corrected and yet the health trebled? If so, why? Are you trying to make the game so that almost no one can succeed and therefore turn away from the game?
    This happens when you have dim wits sending in feedback asking for the boss attack to be corrected using boosted stats. The use of base attack provided a smaller gap between the general masses and the top echelon. The use of boosted stats simply widened the divide to impossibility. So anyone still wants to see boosted stats implemented in EB for RB? I really hope NOT unless you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.
    Last edited by collage; 03-10-2014 at 06:02 AM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey guys, couple of things. First, we've made sure the feedback in this thread is passed to the devs.

Second, in answer to the original question/title of the thread: the Epic Boss change was a result of a code refactor that we did a little while back, where we standardized most of the epic boss behavior across the games. Modern War had the bonuses count, but KA had never gotten that change; after the standardization it did. We probably will change the Raid Boss eventually just because it is admittedly weird that it works one way for one and not the other, but that would be a ways down the line (it's not actually a trivial change).
    If the change is not trivial, please don't change it. Please assign your resources to other more pressing matters. This one should be the last on your IT priority list. thanks v much.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by collage View Post
    You know why the epic boss has insanely high health? Read the post below from :

This happens when you have dim wits sending in feedback asking for the boss attack to be corrected using boosted stats. The use of base attack provided a smaller gap between the general masses and the top echelon. The use of boosted stats simply widened the divide to impossibility. So anyone still wants to see boosted stats implemented in EB for RB? I really hope NOT unless you enjoy shooting yourself in the foot.

Why shouldnt the "top echelon" kill this easier? The top should always finish these events pretty easily as they have spent massive amount of time and money increasing the strength of their kingdom army. That's just plain logic, but at the moment not even the top players (with lvl 151+) have it easy finishing this quest. So, as long as it's ridicolously hard for the top, "weaker" players have it impossible, which is just plain bull****. Stop blaming players with this nonsense, it's the fking developers who apply the rules, hence players giving the feedback that it's pure bull****.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by collage View Post
    If the change is not trivial, please don't change it. Please assign your resources to other more pressing matters. This one should be the last on your IT priority list. thanks v much.
    Where did you quote that from..it was not a reply from gree to this thread.
    Gree still has yet to update us from when they said they were looking into it.
    Daily player

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Euchred View Post
    I'll update this spot with some health numbers for the 151-199 tier.

Approx.
    50- 300 million
    60- 500 million
    65- 620 million
    70- 740 million
    75- 890 million
    80- 1.11 billion
    85- 1.35 billion
    90- 1.84 billion
    95- 2.14 billion
    Just as a comparison...

For a level 200 player the boss #50 has more than 2B health... Go figure

Lurker
    Post Count
    Hi Gree

I will spend gems but not on this nonsense.

Why should someone who is a few levels lower than me complete this quest for free with relative ease and it take me mountains of gems and all my waking minutes, where is the fair or fun in that?

This is simply insane and only serves to disenfranchise your customers who have been playing the game a little longer.

Reward or at the very least treat those who've been around longer the same, dont make the game harder and ultimately intolerable for them.
    Costerroller
    (AKA Tarzan)

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count
    This EB shows unfortunatelly more and more that Gree still punishes his long term and probably best customers.

Why else, would they make a separate Tier only for Lvl 200 guys with certainly Boss health numbers simply out of any reasonable reach for the very big majority of them. It is fully ok if an event is tough or very tough and only the big spenders or the ones with great stats can finish those without much complaints. But the amount of gems needed to finish for even great stats people is that high and has no relation to the possible reward, that most of those i know didnt even bother to try.

What remains is a bad after taste, that once again those who are long in the game are not welcome to stay unless they are not ready to spend more and more and more without seeing the adequate return.

Of course someone could say, now what, you don't need to hunt after each rabbit given by Gree, and yes you are right, people could simply stay off from this EB or other similar events. But these Numbers in current EB combined with the other unsolved issues like bad CP in war and paired with the still sealed cap of Level 200 is not leaving most of those people really happy.

Many i know are playing due to the people here. And many are spending money to stay competitive, allowing them to contribute towards the team. Unless Gree doesnt resolve the issues of punishing their long term players many more will leave this game. Also the time needed today doesnt allow all to restart with a mini, as some people spend a lot of time but don't want to commit to 24/7 and playing on a low level doesnt provide the same fun.

In honor of all retired LVL 200's and all future retires.

I really hope Gree will change some issues soon and start rewarding our long term Members like all other games do. I know i have put my pink glasses on with my last sentence but hope renownedly never dies

P.S. im not Lvl 200 and i have more then one account, but im seeing some issues now since a few months and feel with all who are at Lvl 200.
    Last edited by [JAG] Ryan; 03-10-2014 at 08:47 AM.
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, I have to agree. In any other games I have played you are encouraged to level up as it opens new opportunities, access to new and better items, increasing damage vs. monsters etc. Gree probably has created the only game where high levels are constantly punished and eventually are forced out of the game.
    Come on Gree, why do you hate us so much ? We have financed you pretty well over the last two years and now you are trying to boot us ?

Consistent Contributor [JAG] Ryan's Avatar
    Post Count
    Dear Zen
    Many thanks for the compliment, but i have to pass the flowers for the tombstone to Zolt, our Officer.
    He posted the tombstone today in our chat and i was nasty and used it for my post as i felt it would perfectly fit.

Now in relation to the main topic. Do i like KA? Yes
    Why? I guess for many reasons, most because of the nice people i met, but also for many details about the game.
    It is also obvious that not all events can make all people happy, but in summary the game is developing into a wrong direction.
    There are a few reasons why,
    1. Long term players are not rewarded but punished.
    As i said, it has to be that way, that in certain events long term or new member have an advantage. Also heavy spender as well as even free players. Otherwise the game would become extremly imbalanced and a new player would loose the interest very soon.
    But in summary the long term and/or heavy spenders must have a heavy advantage. And this is currently not given in a way it should be.
    If we think about all events given, we will realize that quickly and see this imbalance.
    - Wars: A long term/high level player is punished as he gets usually far less cp compared to a lower stat player.
    - ILTQ/GLTQ: due to the higher health there is a small advantage. Also the regen makes a huge difference, but the hero strength points compared with the weapon and armor are not reflecting the difference between a low and high level player correctly. Here would a bigger difference or smaller random factor of damage dealt suit better. So all in all a small advantage. And im not talking about the glitches which makes the imbalance even bigger as glitches are always there in each game and also difficult to prevent.
    -Raids/pvp attacks: in pvp attacks a hlp/term player/gem user has an advantage. Not so in raids as the factors for being able to do a successful raid are not reflecting the stat reality. The gap between that attacking Party and the def stats is simply to big. A smaller spread would fit here better.
    Epic Boss: if im not wrong thid event was designed from the beginning for lower level players, which is in general ok, but a high level player should be able to finish also with the use of his regen advantage and/or some gems. The relation here is imbalanced.
    Raid Boss: in this event only stats count. A long term player might have an advantage due to shorter regen times but thats it.
    2. inflation and time: inflation has to be part of each game as otherwise new player wouldnt be able to develop in any way. The question is the size of it. Since some time, a competitive player cant afford to miss one or two events without seeing himself falling far behind or seeing others passing him in short time. This doesnt reflect all the previous invested time, money and effort somebody has put in.
    Also the required time needed to just stay competitive has went far beyond any reasonable approach. People get burned out fast instead of enjoying the game over a long term. Of course does it makes sense that someone who invests more time should have an advantage out of it but a smaller advantage would also fit very well and allow some gem users some breaks to see KA as a hobby and not a second full time job.;-)
    3. attack & def boost imbalance: the spread between both given boost rewards went simply to high. Rewarded Attack boosts are almost double in total size compared to the possible def boosts. This additionaly speeds up the imbalance on other events on top.

Now enough points from me. As i said in the beginning there are also many things i like about KA, as otherwise i wouldnt play and still enjoy it (shame on me, lol)
    Ryan
    Fun in Black

Allways looking for good and active players.
    Add me on Kakao. My id is RyanJAG

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by bongzor View Post
    Why shouldnt the "top echelon" kill this easier? The top should always finish these events pretty easily as they have spent massive amount of time and money increasing the strength of their kingdom army. That's just plain logic, but at the moment not even the top players (with lvl 151+) have it easy finishing this quest. So, as long as it's ridicolously hard for the top, "weaker" players have it impossible, which is just plain bull****. Stop blaming players with this nonsense, it's the fking developers who apply the rules, hence players giving the feedback that it's pure bull****.
    Your response lacks depth and you don’t seem to have an idea on what you are talking about. Firstly, I define top echelon as the folks in the top 3 guilds, or at least that is what I regard as top echelon.

You are right that the top echelon should always finish these events because they have spent massive amount of time and money increasing their stats. However, what advantage do they get for their time and money spent if many others can complete it as well? Top players want exclusivity and a challenge which is the fking point they play this game. I hope you do understand the fact that Gree places much more emphasis on this customer group than any others. If you don’t know, you’ve probably been living in a well for too long.

And in case you don’t understand, I’ll give you an example. A player in a top 10 guild will not be much worse off compared to a top 3 guild player if unboosted stats are used in EB events. From the inception of CoK events, the top 3 rewards have predominantly been percentage boosts rather than units. The change to use boosted stats based on feedback from certain players meant that the gulf of damage between a consistently top 3 vs top 10 player has widened to a gap that’s impossible to close.

Of course once this change to boosted stats has been implemented, do you naively believe that Gree would not raise the bar? Unless you think letting the players in the top 3 guilds play gem free is such a good idea. They will quit this game for sheer boredom.

P.S. By the way, I wasn’t sure if you were referring yourself as a top echelon player. If your forum name is the same as your IGN, I can say I see you a lot on the target list for a top 10 guild every war. You remain one of my favourite spanks of all time. I do hope you are scoring a lot more than what you get spanked for
    Last edited by collage; 03-10-2014 at 10:22 PM.