Epic Boss: Commander Khan prizes - Page 6

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss: Commander Khan prizes

Post Count
    Well put!!!! Also, 2.1Bil is much more than previous Bosses. I do understand that Gree has to make money. But at least make the money in a reasonable way. Don't do it by slapping us across the Face because we already pumped lots of money into this game. YOU are really digging yourself a deep hole Gree and Developers are not really listening to their players. WHO in their right mind puts a Lvl 100 Boss health over 17Bil and thinks it makes sense to do so!!! "Come on man". !!!! Gree do yourself a favor and listen to the players and your Administrators that a relaying our messages!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goober View Post
    Mike,
    The designer who put together the spreadsheet made a mistake. They got a list of all the attack percentiles for level tiers. And they put together how many hits they wanted each boss to take. But instead of taking the 50th percentile and using that health to multiply times hits to create the boss health, they actually took each progressively more rarified percentile and multiplied. So not only were the projected # of hits going up, they were basing hits on a better player.

If they had done what they planned and used the 50th percentile (I'm guessing 50, pick whatever you think they would have), then level 251-299 tier would have been ~2.19B health. Still a lot - but 61 hits for the median 36M player at that level.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tardavic View Post
    Just as previously mentioned, our developers are looking into this, but here is the epic boss health

Level ... 300
    @Tardavic: I have a simple question my friend. Why did you expressly represent to us there was no L300 only tier but rather a retier that included 251-300? That has proved false to the extreme. Please let us know.

JOIN THE STORIED, BEASTS OF MODERN WAR!

PM NOW FOR DETAILS!

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzol View Post
    Wow, what a load of bollucks. If only everyone playing modern war had such a strategic mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    Full FRONTAL?! Must be a different game than I'm playing. Lol

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    @Tardavic: I have a simple question my friend. Why did you expressly represent to us there was no L300 only tier but rather a retier that included 251-300? That has proved false to the extreme. Please let us know.
    I only provided the information that was given to me.

Post Count
    Thanks Tardavic. As an outsider looking in, your transparency is appreciated. That being said, I feel like you probably get lots of 'in-house talkings to'... if that's the case, I'm sorry.

You're like that one really ripe, red strawberry in a carton full of moldy ones.

Keep fighting the good fight man... we appreciate it.

OSOK is Recruiting for Top 20: www.powerbang.info/OSOK/recruiting

Come see what all the fuss is about

That one wasn't Tardavic, that was a general communication breakdown between departments mixed with some last-minute confusion. We apologize for that, and the people involved in that communication breakdown have spoken about this to avoid having it happen again.

EDIT: I'll mention something in the separate boss health threads about the boss balance.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    That one wasn't Tardavic, that was a general communication breakdown between departments mixed with some last-minute confusion. We apologize for that, and the people involved in that communication breakdown have spoken about this to avoid having it happen again.

EDIT: I'll mention something in the separate boss health threads about the boss balance.
    So how does this help people now that are doing the boss event?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    And we can't just not do the bosses because there is a faction event going with it. Make it fair or don't run the event. I shouldn't get punished because I do all events and leveled up and some guy only does bosses because he doesn't level up from it. U punish me for spending money on the game

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

I appreciate the response and candor...if not the imbalanced and unfair result. I still insist that a tier of one level only is grossly inconsistent with any reasonable standard of fair play going forward.

Post Count

CJ that's great, but can you please respond here on boss Heath? I don't have the time to trawl lots of other threads to find the answer as to why you have made boss health so ridiculously hard versus last time?

Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    I appreciate the response and candor...if not the imbalanced and unfair result. I still insist that a tier of one level only is grossly inconsistent with any reasonable standard of fair play going forward.
    To be honest, we're quite split about that over here. In total fairness, level 300 (when looking at the actual power levels) does not look anything like level 299. I'm not saying that the extreme difference is warranted, but *a* difference isn't necessarily unwarranted given the actual numbers. I know how it appears, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    CJ that's great, but can you please respond here on boss Heath? I don't have the time to trawl lots of other threads to find the answer as to why you have made boss health so ridiculously hard versus last time?
    It was a design choice based on metrics from the last couple of events, to my understanding (what I mean by that is, how are people doing as a whole in the existing tiers at actually plowing through the bosses.). Most difficulty tweaks are due to similar.

The curve on this one may have broken down at the higher levels, though, if going by averages. We're not going to adjust it for this event because it would be unfair to the people who have already spent gold and time on it, but it's in heavy discussion at the moment in regards to future events.

Post Count
    To be honest, we're quite split about that over here. In total fairness, level 300 (when looking at the actual power levels) does not look anything like level 299. I'm not saying that the extreme difference is warranted, but *a* difference isn't necessarily unwarranted given the actual numbers. I know how it appears, though.
    CJ seriously, it's not just about level 300, it's increase across the board. I'm a lev 106 with 16m attack which is pretty good for my level. It would take 400 gold just to do lev 100. And well over a vault if not 2 to do the whole event. "In total fairness" how do you justify that increase over the previous bosses? And if it's just going to go up from here in future Elite Boss events, then you've lost my business.

Post Count
    It was a design choice based on metrics from the last couple of events, to my understanding (what I mean by that is, how are people doing as a whole in the existing tiers at actually plowing through the bosses.). Most difficulty tweaks are due to similar.

The curve on this one may have broken down at the higher levels, though, if going by averages. We're not going to adjust it for this event because it would be unfair to the people who have already spent gold and time on it, but it's in heavy discussion at the moment in regards to future events.
    Thank you for the response. Interesting how on this one you're not reversing the decision because in your view it would be unfair to people that have spent gold already, but when there was an error the other way in the last 200 lev boss event, you did reverse it and delete kills from people that hadn't completed it forcing those of us that didn't take advantage of the failure to have to use gold then.

I appreciate the direct responses CJ, but the high number of mistakes/glitches, inconsistent treatment and ridiculous boss health this time around is turning me right off the game.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    It is still a tier or class of one level only. L299 is instead balanced out with 48 other levels. If you want to do one level tiers, then have 295 tiers. Every tier is some kind of average damage and boss 100 is at least 40 hits at that damage. So most have to buy refills. I get that's not feasible. So the result is we don't single out one level. I suspect if you analyzed each specific level you would find more than one instance of a particular level being substantially more powerful than the level -1. Just by probabilities. I'm sure of it. I know L300 is imbalanced by S1, S2, and OSW as factions. If it is this hard to deal with, then let's move to a raw attack basis for gauging this. U can't compare months of 20% bonuses on top of top 10 with months of top ten only.

As an active, spending, top level player, all I want is that I have a reasonably similar outlay required as my direct competitors. This focus on level destroys that. Most in the top 4-15ish are not 300s but 251-299. I know that is a fact from WD :-). They are also getting hammered with a tough boss...but I wouldn't mind facing the same with equal chance as them to finish. I do mind being singled out as a level and asked to spend 4-5x as much to finish due to the progression of health and the max health for 300s (I mind so much I won't do it, period).

Edit: To sum, you won't hear me complain too much because the boss is tough...if it's similarly tough for all. Here it is not.
    Last edited by Generik79; 03-10-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Post Count
    CJ54. It seems like you are somehow trying to justify this change in Health increase. First you guys changed the event from a 7 day to a 6 day. Oh wait, to a 5 day event. Than it has gotten harder to trigger the boss event to compared to all the other times. Than you add new tiers and inflate the Boss health to another insane level. And than you are trying to tell us due to a small difference between Lvl 299 & 300 you add another Tier just for the most loyal players and increase their boss health so they have to spend a vault on "just" Lvl 100. (assuming their attack is 40-50mil). I don't know if the developers are trying to recuperate Gree's losses in one Event. But this is absurd. I work at one of the biggest three refineries in the world and work in the business sector. With all my education and experience I really don't understand how anybody can justify these extreme changes to your Game. I play this game to escape the reality and I enjoy the people in my faction. I don't have a problem paying for game to be competitive, but this is absurd. Especially after all the glitches that have been deployed you push this new Boss Health agenda. "Come on " start listening to your players and make money in an honest way. Cheers!!!! 