Tackle The Tartars LTQ/GLTQ - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tackle The Tartars LTQ/GLTQ

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Tardavic - any idea why the developers have changed the prize from a fairly decent reward to a complete waste of time and energy and experience (for those not doing entire thing) for completing normal mode on individual? I use to have my llp complete normal for the prize bht now its absolutely not worth it. Just curious... thanks!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    lemon -- i think it's pretty simple, they watch how players behave. if people spend, they make the events bigger. i know people complain on the forum here, but statistically, it looks like people are finishing events.

obviously, if people are finishing events by not spending but somehow using a lot of energy without using gold then they are hurting every one else who is actually spending because when gree looks at the events and says Aha! all these people finished, they make the next one harder.

the boss event is a f-up, they messed up. happens. heck, i think we all remember some mess ups on events around here over the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhaze View Post
    tardavic can u give us a good reason why u all are makeing all events cost 500-600$? i understand u all need to make money but dont u think u would make more if u let the majority of MW do these events? no clue why its so hard to make a event cheap like the 24hr ltqs use to be but now its massive gold use per event..are u all just trying to milk us dry and make us quit? i sent in a ticket asking this very question and have not got a response back yet...And this boss 100 u all got going on is just plain silly

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGeneral2 View Post
    What helpful information? Read the forum and see most of his posts are only to please the mass, yet he is clueless on what he is posting. I am trying to be fair and balanced here but holy F this is getting pretty F'n #$#@%
    I understand that I will never be able to please everyone, but as a community if we all stick together and help one another out (this includes providing as much information as possible relevant to the issue(s)), then I would say that means a lot.

I understand that there may have been some recent breakdown in communication, and for this I apologize for and going forward we hope to try and prevent doing this.

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by goober View Post
    lemon -- i think it's pretty simple, they watch how players behave. if people spend, they make the events bigger. i know people complain on the forum here, but statistically, it looks like people are finishing events.

obviously, if people are finishing events by not spending but somehow using a lot of energy without using gold then they are hurting every one else who is actually spending because when gree looks at the events and says Aha! all these people finished, they make the next one harder.

the boss event is a f-up, they messed up. happens. heck, i think we all remember some mess ups on events around here over the past year.
    Thanks for the awesomeness coming from you. Means a lot and thanks for backing me up on this, and I can say that you have some good points here.

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Tardavic - any idea why the developers have changed the prize from a fairly decent reward to a complete waste of time and energy and experience (for those not doing entire thing) for completing normal mode on individual? I use to have my llp complete normal for the prize bht now its absolutely not worth it. Just curious... thanks!
    I will gladly ask the developers this and get back to you once/if I have a relevant answer!!

Post Count
    Tardavic this is indeed a big step forward, and I reiterate my thanks.

However, there are a lot of issues that have been raised countless times that the Mods/Developers need to address:

- Boss Health, at some levels has almost doubled or even trebled. Whereas previously I would have spent a vault on gaining both prizes, now I won't spend any, because it will require 2 or 3 vaults, so GREE has priced me out of the game

- Glitches, it is becoming a joke the number of glitches, bugs, inconsistencies that get rolled out. I can't remember the last campaign where this wasn't the case.

- Unit Stats, the random display of units makes it impossible to check whether units have been received, what has been received, and in which genre the greatest power lies. This can't be difficult to fix and put in some form of logical order, Alphabetical, most recently earned, strength etc?

There are more I'm sure, butr these have been around for a while

Player Experience
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tardavic View Post
    I will gladly ask the developers this and get back to you once/if I have a relevant answer!!
    After speaking with the devs, there does not appear to be any changes made. I would like to ask you to clarify your concern as to what you mean by "why the developers have changed the prize from a fairly decent reward to a complete waste of time and energy and experience"?

This way I can go back to them with more information and be able to give you a better update.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tardavic View Post
    After speaking with the devs, there does not appear to be any changes made. I would like to ask you to clarify your concern as to what you mean by "why the developers have changed the prize from a fairly decent reward to a complete waste of time and energy and experience"?

This way I can go back to them with more information and be able to give you a better update.
    He means that the prize for finishing normal mode of a ltq (in previous ltqs) was worthwhile. Now we get a 2k unit that is essentially worthless given the stat inflation. The only prize worth getting is the one at the end which takes 3 vaults. Why not have decent prizes at points along the way - halfway through normal, end of normal, halfway through prestige etc... that way even the people who cant afford $300 to finish a single event (most of us) still have a goal to aim for and can spend maybe 200 gold to hit that next good prize. With these crap prizes except for the end there is no incentive to do the individual event unless you are finishing.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by andy2 View Post
    He means that the prize for finishing normal mode of a ltq (in previous ltqs) was worthwhile. Now we get a 2k unit that is essentially worthless given the stat inflation. The only prize worth getting is the one at the end which takes 3 vaults. Why not have decent prizes at points along the way - halfway through normal, end of normal, halfway through prestige etc... that way even the people who cant afford $300 to finish a single event (most of us) still have a goal to aim for and can spend maybe 200 gold to hit that next good prize. With these crap prizes except for the end there is no incentive to do the individual event unless you are finishing.
    I have to agree about this. The prize for finishing the individual normal of the Tackling the Tartars is only the Tartar Infilitrator 2632/1754. In the past, the reward was something like half the value of the prestige prize (Hijacked Warship 47117/47116) minus the bonus. This is a big change that removes and intermediate goal for the event.

It is the same way now for the faction event.
    Faction: Tackle The Tartars (10/10) MHS Advanced Ops 12311/11364
    Prestige Faction: Tackle The Tartars (15/15) Tartar Elite Commando 86984/57989
    The prize for finishing the normal is just like any other goal now. That is not a good change.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Exactly. With ltqs in the past beyond the last few, normal prize would be lets say 15k stats if the final prize was 50k stats. Something at least potentially worth the time and effort and leveling up caused from completing normal. The current reward for completing normal is definitely not worth taking a few level-ups to get. Not many people would want to level up multiple times nor spend the time waiting for energy regen just to get a 2k unit. Thanks for looking into it, though! I appreciate it

Post Count
    The prize for normal is worthless, but that doesn't have to a bad thing. They put the emphasis on all or faction. Just relax, help your faction and enjoy some time off. It was nice to see the prize list early so I knew that I wanted no part of individual and could just help out the faction as needed.

Prizes dictate behavior and these said…. ladies and gents, take some time off unless you are hard core and want it all.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hi, we are experiencing players in the faction hitting multiple times yet the hits not registering. Anyone else got this problem?

Tickets are being sent in.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by DILL3NGER View Post
    Hi, we are experiencing players in the faction hitting multiple times yet the hits not registering. Anyone else got this problem?

Tickets are being sent in.
    Been going on the whole event
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/theeclectic/...loves-cake-sm4

Derek of iDelph

iDelph faction code: 792-952-652

Post Count
    Andy2 makes an excellent point. Intervals of higher stat units that players w lower gold spending capabilities can shoot for to obtain units w out feeling event as whole is not pointless unless dropping multiple vaults necesary to finish. As he said, a better normal reward, a half way thru prestige better unit, that say maybe 200-300 gold required to get and player feels gold is worth spending. Gree wins both ways, gets gold from players who would have spent nothing and the players who still finish.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    So the way it sounds is that Gree only looks at the events to see how many people are finishing them and has no idea how many or how much gold is used on that event. Wow...

And it makes even more sense why things are the way they are then. Gree you have no idea what is really going on

47th Armenia, 58-3 12/12 completed