ATTENTION! New event: Get Ready For Full Assault! - Page 3

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION! New event: Get Ready For Full Assault!

Quote Originally Posted by I am a cow! View Post
    damn it so i cant deploy my chernobyl tracker then?
    You can deploy whatever you want, including units that you are using or that have a bonus. Whether that is worth it or not (generally it won't be, obviously) is up to you.

I'll comment on these last two, and then we need to take the discussion of WD matching issues to another thread. The matching in Full Assault will very likely be more complex due to there being three factions fighting at once.

Quote Originally Posted by rce View Post
    Perhaps I am reading this wrong, but are you basically saying that if we do not like it, do not push the "declare" button?
    No, I'm saying that we don't control who is available to fight at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetamigo View Post
    I am not asking for perfection at all. I am asking for something that resembles fairness. You pretty much insinuate that the algorithm is changed because the top teams don't want to fight each other all the time. I can understand that. And I don't mind facing some of them as it is a good challenge. But when you are hovering around 50 and get pretty much every top ten team at least once and many of them more than once, something is obviously not working the way it should. That does not sound like "a couple of times during WD." It happens all the time and changing the algorithm has only made it worse imo.
    The top 10 teams have to fight somebody. If they've been in the queue for long enough that the search parameters have widened that far, top 50 is possible. We've already made some changes to lessen the chances of repeatedly getting the same team and we've balanced things about as much as we are currently able to. I know that is not happy news in this case, but it is the truth.
    Last edited by CJ54; 03-03-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    You can deploy whatever you want, including units that you are using or that have a bonus. Whether that is worth it or not (generally it won't be, obviously) is up to you.

I'll comment on these last two, and then we need to take the discussion of WD matching issues to another thread. The matching in Full Assault will very likely be more complex due to there being three factions fighting at once.

No, I'm saying that we don't control who is available to fight at any given time.

The top 10 teams have to fight somebody. If they've been in the queue for long enough that the search parameters have widened that far, top 50 is possible. We've already made some changes to lessen the chances of repeatedly getting the same team and we've balanced things about as much as we are currently able to. I know that is not happy news in this case, but it is the truth.
    explains why we got a team 4x and scored 50-100k each time.... not that im complaining or anything
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/

Post Count
    I was hoping for a way to sell units and not just use them as consumables. Also, would it be possible to make this even where players can't use gold. I would like a skillful event when it matters what units are deployed in battle. I would hate to lose to a player who used gold to win and I lose indestructible units with nothing to gain in return.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    We're still ironing out the matching; probably similar to WD in terms of recent efforts trying to make the match-ups as reasonable as possible.

Regarding your edit, I actually just asked the devs about that exact thing. No answer back yet, but that is a valid thing.
    Um, the match-ups the last battle were the worst I have seen since this started.... Not sure I want to risk losing indestructible units to bad matching up. I will let the leader decide on that.

Other than the match-up issue, this sounds cool.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Wow! looking forward for it!
    Hopefully our unites won't run out lol
    *85 Superbowl Shuffle*
    Zambia - 301
    Armania - 226
    Mongolia - 248
    Finland - 200
    Turkey - 280
    Chile - 207
    Cuba - 216
    Netherlands - 359
    Italy - 369
    Mexico - 482
    France - 529
    India - 710
    Canada - 572
    Australia - 588
    Poland - 897
    Madagascar - 1027
    Colombia - 566

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    can I test it?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

WD match system?

The matching system doesn't work for WD events, now why we have to waste our units because of it?

How do we know we will not be accidentally missing important units from our inventory because of this events?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Hello CJ!

Will the bonus (if a bonus is attached to the unit) be clearly displayed when choosing a unit? (in iOS AND Android)

This event sounds like fun but I really worry about the firsts bonus units, that do not have the same level of stats as the current ones. I don't want to lose them, at all...

Related question : Since nobody (i guess) wants to lose them, would it be possible to not allow their use?

Thanks in advance for your time,

ju

Lurker
    Post Count

QUIT WHINING about matchups

Don't assume that you SHOULD win EVERY battle in WD. In every matchup, one team wins and one team loses. If you think that's bad, hang it up because now one team wins and 2 teams lose. And actually the last 2 WD's the matchups have been much more balanced than before. Sure we still have some mammoth gold spending teams we get matched up with, but it's not near as bad as it used to be. Just having a active base of players and sound strategy ensures a good ranking.

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Glad there is going to be a faction event out with WD.

Looking forward to it.
    Have fun, it's only a game

Post Count
    The WD wars are terrible enough for us as team, so a lot of my members hate to play the wars. I have read all the comments and one thing is clear to me. You must have a strong team and very active members, else you're gonna lose a lot of units.
    I wan't not be negative, but this is the way as I see it. I wish all the others a lot of luck by playing this, but we as team will not play this event. Too many risks.

Post Count
    This looks mad. Cannot wait to try it.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

ingame money units

Are you going to unlock money units during the event and are we going to get new units with better stats??
    Can we buy the units with the faction money?
    What if we donate the units to the faction instead?

Post Count
    "You can deploy up to 10 troops at a time, a total of six times in a row (after those six times, your ability to deploy troops will regenerate over time, similar to health in the other events. You can also purchase a refill to deploy again immediately, similar to medpacks)."

But now, if you want to win and score as many points as possible, there is suddenly the risk of runnung out of units, weird.
    So even without buying a medpack you can deploy 60 units per 10 minute battle, there's 3 battles like this per war, so a total of 180 units per war. And if you participate in 8 wars a day, that's 1440 units consumed per day.
    And for how many days will this event run?
    So back to buying units with cash and valor it is then...

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Faction bonuses will influence the units stats?