ATTENTION! New event: Get Ready For Full Assault! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION! New event: Get Ready For Full Assault!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thank you for the heads up. It sounds like an interesting new event. I have a questions about units. I'm over lvl 100. Are the 3000 units from my top units overall or is it divided between the 4 categories (so the top 750 from each category)?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Big C View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. It sounds like an interesting new event. I have a questions about units. I'm over lvl 100. Are the 3000 units from my top units overall or is it divided between the 4 categories (so the top 750 from each category)?
    As far as your current top 300 units (assuming you have 500 allies) that you bring to battle its your top 300 units with boosts calcualted (so if you have 100% air attack but only 50% ground attack then a air unit with 90 attack would make your army before a ground unit with 100 attack.)

I would assume the same holds true in this event.
    VFF Legends

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    What about units that are very weak but have a modifier attached to it, will they show up?
    Crime City 763 145 286 add me

L49 49.8KA/51.6KD
    L78 127.8Ka/150Kd
    L98 244Ka/300Kd

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Opt-in only? So you're saying if we don't declare war, we would never go to war? This needs to be clear, because while I think it would nice to get rid of my tree snipers, I think this event sounds like nothing but trouble. Someone will lose units in the very first battle and then complain that they didn't mean to send them into battle. I was in a previous faction with some guys who weren't very bright; I don't even want to RISK it with this faction.

CJ! Please please please bring this to LAW?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Nice there are pics already out there from the beta testers.....thought they were supposed to keep it hush until it comes out?

47th Armenia, 58-3 12/12 completed

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetamigo View Post
    If a top 2 team can get a team ranked in the 60's with 1/8th the stats then why can't that same team in the 60's get matched against top 400 teams with the same stat differential? We had 3 fairly matched wars. The rest were obvious bloodbaths. And we only got where we did due to finding one target.
    We've said it before, I'll say it again: it is physically impossible to make sure that the matching in every single case is perfect. Sometimes people in the higher brackets will end up facing the same teams repeatedly (which they don't want to do) and sometimes people will be fighting stronger or weaker teams than they want to. Even with the best possible algorithm, the ability to match people is ultimately entirely dependent on who is matched at the time, and we don't push the "declare" button.

I understand it is frustrating when it happens a couple of times during a WD, but people need to accept that match-ups which are (to some degree) uneven are going to happen sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aks View Post
    Sounds different but lets see.. Not sure how it will work for lower factions and players with low stats
    If they lose units.. There stats drop too.. But see..
    Looking at the playerbase as a whole, it is more common to have unused units than not, and that will get worse with time. Also, this will give us some leeway to provide better stat-items more commonly (which will also get newer players up to "able to participate" status faster), while still granting a strong benefit to the people who have been around for longer.

That's the plan anyway, and that is going to be highly individual and based a lot on player choice. We'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumiala View Post
    Must have missed that.
    What I have seen many many times is to organise the inventory somehow, which this seems to be able to do. This is promising.
    Also CJ's comment about having fun TESTING it. Testing stuff is a good thing.
    It comes up pretty frequently in regards to the unit deprecation due to jumps in reward power over the last year (which we should be able to smooth out some, actually).

We'll likely be able to port some of the event-specific sorting to a more robust inventory sort, yes. Maybe not right as soon as this event launches, but we know how common that request is and this was part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cow View Post
    Nice there are pics already out there from the beta testers.....thought they were supposed to keep it hush until it comes out?
    Loose lips sink ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-12 View Post
    Thisss sounds awesome!! Looking forward to it.

Observation: the picture looks like Bruce Willis tears of the sun film.
    Unintentional, but that was a solid flick nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Socks View Post
    Opt-in only? So you're saying if we don't declare war, we would never go to war? This needs to be clear, because while I think it would nice to get rid of my tree snipers, I think this event sounds like nothing but trouble. Someone will lose units in the very first battle and then complain that they didn't mean to send them into battle. I was in a previous faction with some guys who weren't very bright; I don't even want to RISK it with this faction.
    It will be the same as WD. Also, this is important, under no circumstances will anybody but you have control over what or when you deploy units. We have confirm buttons all over that thing, so there's no "oops, I didn't mean to do that" with this one. As with WD, people in faction will have to cooordinate with each other to make the most of their effort (and deployed units, in this case).

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Thanks for the communication and follow up to peoples questions. Keep it up.

Post Count
    Thank you so much for your great support , CJ .

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    We've said it before, I'll say it again: it is physically impossible to make sure that the matching in every single case is perfect. Sometimes people in the higher brackets will end up facing the same teams repeatedly (which they don't want to do) and sometimes people will be fighting stronger or weaker teams than they want to. Even with the best possible algorithm, the ability to match people is ultimately entirely dependent on who is matched at the time, and we don't push the "declare" button.

I understand it is frustrating when it happens a couple of times during a WD, but people need to accept that match-ups which are (to some degree) uneven are going to happen sometimes.

Looking at the playerbase as a whole, it is more common to have unused units than not, and that will get worse with time. Also, this will give us some leeway to provide better stat-items more commonly (which will also get newer players up to "able to participate" status faster), while still granting a strong benefit to the people who have been around for longer.

That's the plan anyway, and that is going to be highly individual and based a lot on player choice. We'll have to see.

It comes up pretty frequently in regards to the unit deprecation due to jumps in reward power over the last year (which we should be able to smooth out some, actually).

We'll likely be able to port some of the event-specific sorting to a more robust inventory sort, yes. Maybe not right as soon as this event launches, but we know how common that request is and this was part of that.

Loose lips sink ships.

Unintentional, but that was a solid flick nonetheless.

It will be the same as WD. Also, this is important, under no circumstances will anybody but you have control over what or when you deploy units. We have confirm buttons all over that thing, so there's no "oops, I didn't mean to do that" with this one. As with WD, people in faction will have to cooordinate with each other to make the most of their effort (and deployed units, in this case).

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Will factions be locked during this event??. Every how long will it be released?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    would it be possible to have a 1 day training event where we would not put any units at risk?
    There are two type of MW players... Those who complain about stat inflation and those that complain stats are too low

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think I'm actually exited about this one

Post Count
    damn it so i cant deploy my chernobyl tracker then?
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Even with the best possible algorithm, the ability to match people is ultimately entirely dependent on who is matched at the time, and we don't push the "declare" button.
    Perhaps I am reading this wrong, but are you basically saying that if we do not like it, do not push the "declare" button?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Starting to get the hang of it

This looks like it is going to be a really fun strategic event for everyone to dump old units and upgrade their armies. Great concept, Gree!