ATTENTION! New event: Get Ready For Full Assault!

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION! New event: Get Ready For Full Assault!

GREE Emergency Medical Hologram GEMH's Avatar
    Post Count

ATTENTION! New event: Get Ready For Full Assault!

We're excited to announce a totally new event type called Full Assault that is coming soon. This new event will utilize entirely new game mechanics that pit your faction against two other factions at once for control of a map area.

We will be posting full information on the event as we get closer to launch, but we wanted to provide an overview as we enter final testing:

-Like World Domination, this will be a repeating opt-in event. While the event is active, you will be able to declare (similar to WD) and you will be matched with opponent guilds for 30-minute wars (similar to WD). That is where the similarities end. In Full Assault, you will be fighting TWO factions as one time, and the mechanics for the battle are very different.

-Full Assault battles are won by maintaining control of map control nodes (see the picture below). Each war will last half an hour, broken up into three short 10-minute battles. The faction that has the strongest control of each control node at the end of a battle wins the points. The winner of the 30-minute war is the faction that has the most control points at the end of the war. Short version: gain control of the map nodes, hold them for longer than the other guys, and you win.

-To gain control of a map node and earn points, you and your faction must deploy units from your inventory at the map nodes. When you select the "deploy troops" option, you will be taken to a screen that will have info on all the units you have in your inventory. This feature will sort all your units so that units which you are not using in your army display first. From this screen you can deploy up to 10 troops at a time, a total of six times in a row (after those six times, your ability to deploy troops will regenerate over time, similar to health in the other events. You can also purchase a refill to deploy again immediately, similar to medpacks).

-Units that you deploy are consumed (permanently removed from your inventory) to control the node. The total control power at a node is determined by the total collective attack/defense of every unit your faction has deployed at that node. If one of the other factions passes you in control power, they will take control of the node. At the end of each ten minutes battle, a summary of the battle will pop up that will show how many points your faction won and points are based on how many nodes you have control of at the end of the 10-minute match.

-There will be a leaderboard for the factions with the most points, and factions will receive prizes based on their place on the leaderboard.

-The prizes will be amazing. So much so that this gets its own point.

-LIVE CHAT. During a Full Assault war, you will have a private real-time chat available for your faction, so that you can coordinate with each other. You will ALSO have an open chat that includes all members of both the other two factions competing in the war (normal language rules/filter will be in place, but feel free otherwise to creatively taunt or heckle your doomed opponents).

Potential Questions with answers below:

Q: Will this replace World Domination?
    A: No, this event will coexist with the other event types.

Q: Do you have to participate?
    A: The event is entirely opt-in similar to Raid Boss and World Domination. This one is going to involve a lot of fun strategy though, and the prizes will be great.

Q: So the units that are deployed are consumed permanently?
    A: Yes, and we knew that this feature would raise some eyebrows. The truth is though, almost everyone who has been playing the game for any length of time accumulates a ton of units that they do not actually use in their army. As their stats grow, this "backlog" of unused units grows larger. One of THE most persistent requests in the last two years has been a way for players to utilize their unused units somehow, and this feature does that. It is additionally going to make a lot of mechanics in the game more "useful", and it is going to potentially open up new avenues of design. That's pretty exciting.

Q: If I deploy "indestructible" units, will they be gone permanently?
    A: Yes, although this is not necessarily a negative (those of you who have "grown out of" your ancient crate and LE units, take note). Choose your units carefully, and there will be confirm buttons. This info will also be in the FAQ and in-game.

Q: Will there be a confirm button that pops up when deploying units to prevent accidental deploys?
    A: Yes. We want people to be sure before they commit their units to deployment. Also, the feature that sorts your units in the deploy screen automatically prioritizes your "unused" units.

Q: How do the points work again?
    A: We'll give more specific mechanic-info as we get closer, but you get points for controlling one or more nodes at the end of a 10-minute battle. You do not get points if you do not control a node, but the matches are scored every ten minutes so there is a good deal of room for strategic maneuvering and point gain over the course of a 30-minute war and the event as a whole.

Q: How many nodes are in each map?
    A: Five.

Q: Will you be extending the Live Chat to the rest of the game?
    A: Not at this time. We know that a lot of our players already use live chat apps during WD events to coordinate; full implementation in the game is tricky but given the necessity for coordination in this event type, we wanted to make sure it was available for Full Assault.

As always with unreleased content, please be aware that the info may change as we continue to test. If that happens, we will update. We've had a lot of fun testing with this feature so far, and we're looking forward to sharing it with you all.

Post Count
    Will there be a way to select units that keeps them from being accidentally deployed?
    I'd hate to accidentally deploy a unit in the heat of battle that has a boost.
    Last edited by Hondo; 03-03-2014 at 04:22 PM.
    Fill Your Hands With Lead

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    we will have fun

Post Count
    What if you deploy a unit with a mod, will you lose the mod as well?

Post Count
    Forget it, I read it wrong lol

Lurker
    Post Count
    Sounds like my inventory clutter might get cleaned up a bit!
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Will there be a way to select units that keeps them from being accidentally deployed?
    I'd hate to accidentally deploy a unit in the heat of battle that has a boost.
    There's like 2 or 3 confirm steps. We can only do so much there without actually making the interface unusable.

Consistent Contributor CTRC(SW) UMBRA's Avatar
    Post Count
    The challenge will be to get your teammates to help secure the node and sacrifice their units "knowing" their stats will drop. I hope there is a way to measure participation so we can identify the leechers/non-participants.

Quote Originally Posted by CTRC(SW) UMBRA View Post
    The challenge will be to get your teammates to help secure the node and sacrifice their units "knowing" their stats will drop. I hope there is a way to measure participation so we can identify the leechers/non-participants.
    You can also just choose to use the units that aren't adding to your stats, or decide that as a guild.

It IS going to take is planning and communication on what units people are willing to use, and when to use them. That'll be the big thing.

Post Count
    CJ: So how are the match ups going work? I didn't see it addressed but I may have missed it. This has disaster written on it if an average faction (top 400-750 ish) gets matched with a consistent top 100 or better.
    MW: 723 733 538 / 766 013 376 / 837 581 025
    MW: Faction 48th TFW 326 189 720[/SIZE][/FONT

Maxed bonuses: Output, building defense, health regen, all defense, Infantry, Ground Attack, Air Attack and Sea Attack.

Try Empires and Allies...you actually get to control attacks and need to use strategy!

Post Count
    At first glance I think that this new event type will add some fun and I'm looking forward to it. Please make sure that at least one other format gets lost on the way so that we don't have to use more time for MW (e.g. box event).

Two demands (that you may have already built in):

1. Secure Used and Boost Units
    Units that are used will not be listed first. There has to be some kind of a divider so that a player realizes when he's starting to use top 3'000 units. Probably a different tab or a kind of marker? That would be awesome. The used units from my point of view include every boost unit. Even if their stats are low and they are not used in usual battle (the boost still applies though). Can you add that these units are also in kind of a different inventory (as these are the most important units of them all)?

2. Only Match Factions of Similar Strength
    As Archer 59 mentioned above, it should be secured that only factions of similar strenght are matched (similar to WD). So SUP1, 2, OSW in tier 1 only .

Post Count

Valor

Maybe it will finally give me a reason to spend my 16mill valor. What's up MOD it's FMJ rob bud👋

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I think this new event will be a lot of fun.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Biggest question with this is if they will lock the faction like they do during wd events.
    Have Fun!