What compelled you to do this GREE?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What compelled you to do this GREE?

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count

What compelled you to do this GREE?

After this boss event was A HUGE FAIL in Modern War, why would you think it would work here? People need 10+ cash hits for level 30 boss and up. The health is crazy and people hate it. Do you ever listen to event feedback???? This event is a huge mess up and it's not good.

People keep suggesting bring back the old PvP, rob a certain building X amount of times, or the snowball turkey item event from a long time ago.

Or can we give you new event ideas? Listen to the people and not the developer who came up with this horrendous boss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Consistent Contributor Blowin Smoke's Avatar
    Post Count
    I agree with you 100%

Old boss events were actually fun, and I actually made it a goal to complete.

I'm sitting this one out.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

+1 Everyone

________+1_______
    The Expendables

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I agree with each of you, but, I don't think that anyone on the GREE development team was thinking, "ya this is a good idea". Moreso, the head honchos at corporate (In Japan) said, "okay, we need to figure out a way to make more money off these style of events", after looking at a gold consumption report for the last Epic Boss we had.

So here we are, with all the backlash & a very unenjoyable event.
    No, I'm not who you might think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by krimesity View Post
    can someone paypal me $4,100.00 so I can buy enough in-game cash to get the weapon?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Slick, the point you've made has more or less been my argument all along.

The game needs to be more inclusive of different spending demographics. Charging several vaults per cycle is much too expensive for a casual gamer to justify paying for. Without a doubt, there are tens of thousands more casual CC players than those that are seriously dedicated.

Lets look at it like this, you have a casual player who buys $20 worth of gold, thinking, "Alright! Lets finish this LTQ!!!". After blowing through all 240 bars of gold in minutes, they see that, "Dear lord, that will cost a fortune.. I can't justify that!". All of a sudden they're reconsidering whether the game is even worth playing at all now.

The important thing to note is that, while some end up buying the gold necessary to complete the event, significantly more decide not to and many of them are turned off from continuing to play.

So, GREE, rather than aiming at the Six-figure-a-year players, why not try going for the middle class?

a couple thousand players spending $500+ /month pales in comparison to 100k people spending $100-200 a month. Additionally, you would be hooking more people into your game because its affordable & the middle-class players (the majority) will be more inclined to actually recommend the game to their friends- further improving revenue.

I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out how exactly you could still keep it fun & competitive for those 6figure earning players too.

Then again, maybe there aren't even 50,000 active players in the game.. casual or otherwise.

can someone paypal me $4,100.00 so I can buy enough in-game cash to get the weapon?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Jr View Post
    Well it is official now. There are no events you can finish without gold. This was the last one not counting sltq which is next on the list.
    You see between the ITT tech grads that troll here with the tag of developer and the H1B coders they haven't figured out that you increase revenue by adding users not sucking the life out of the one you have. They have dorked up the game dynamics so bad new people give up very quickly. Just folks with second or third accounts hang around.
    Take for instance the new rivals list that no one likes, one of the ITT guys compared it to a Facebook change or something and said everyone after a month got used to it. Hey dorks no one pays for Facebook or what ever it was you compared it to.
    A other actually said we do everything to make the game more fun for the users. It what bozoro world would someone have to live in to think rewarding a brick would make it fun???
    Lastly until fools lime SAS and the other id10t's stop spending insane amounts of money it won't change.

This was my retirement statement.
    Hey, I'm glad to see you've won the game; retiring is the best option.

Oh, yeah, there was something mentioned about the top 10 tens spending habits. Look, they're the ones destroying this game. I said a long time ago that people need to quit pumping up those crews that score insane IP. Indeed, they're truly the ones jacking up the game. It's too late anyway.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I love these new school players complaints about this new boss.

You don't know how good you have it. There are level 250 players playing right now who have been shafted SIGNIFICANTLY harder than you in the past.

When I joined this game, it wasn't guaranteed AT ALL that we would finish the boss. I was happy to get the level 30 prize and stopped doing it when it required gold. Now, people are completely up in arms about not finishing an event. I'm still playing that account today, don't play minis, and I'm fighting this boss here just fine. Let your wallet do the talking - if you don't like an event, DONT SPEND on it.

Let me provide a few points about this boss that have been better than bosses in the past:

First off, they very recently increased the health pack hits... for 10 gold you can get the full 5 hits instead of 3. For a very long time I pledged to never spend gold on boss health refills until they fixed that, and they have. In fact (correct me if im wrong here) you used to have to pay *more* gold too, to get less hits in return.

When Crime City first switched to the level 100 boss, almost no one completed the first one - In fact, they compensated in the next ones by making them TOO EASY and you people still complained. It was even harder than this boss now.....and they didn't give us a 40% gold sale *while* the boss was going on. Basically only tier 1-2 players could complete the event free, and many older players felt very bitter toward this. But then came a streak of unbelievably easy bosses. About half of the guys in my syn are old school, older than me, the other half joined after this even happened so don't even remember the old level 50 bosses.

Secondly, they implemented more tiers than what we were used to. Are there 7 now? Yeah, you used to be ****ed if you passed level 100 too soon. If you were in tier 5, after level 100, you many times weren't able to complete the boss at all until you got up into the 200s or played in a top-50 syndicate for several cycles. Really, not much different than it is now.

Third, in this new model of boss it gets easier again after every new boss you face, until around level 5+ or so. When you consider that's over 50 levels you can do completely free overall, its no different than getting into the second half of old boss Heidi and finding level 33 ****s you up if you're above tier 3...... Yeah, its pretty weird having TROUBLE finishing level 59 and 60 boss, then being able to one-hit quick attack the level 61 new boss, but at least A&F told us this was to be expected.

Finally, its hilarious how you guys cry of retirement when one event goes bad. You know what we used to do? We used to OPT OUT of doing the events. I'm not touching the LTQ portion of this event. They even named the last LTQ after my syndicate, including a dope final prize with my syn's name, and I didn't play because it was above my willingness-to-pay. I will spend less gold to finish this boss than I do to finish LTBs, honestly, and that amount is quite low.
    Last edited by GucciMane; 03-02-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Gucci, I've been around since the start.. I just hit L.148 today.

1.) Its not anyone's fault, other than their own that, those L.250 players spent $$$ to level up as fast as they could. Do you remember when the level cap was raised? Ya that prize is pretty much obsolete now.

2.) Epic bosses used to be simple to complete & getting a 5.5k/5k stat final prize was AWESOME!

3.) The past few bosses were sensibly developed. Now, we have this garbage that will cost at least a bank truck of gold. Of course people are up in arms.

3a.) Your first point about health packs is null considering that previous bosses cost little to no gold to begin with. Epic bosses were a fair, entry-level event that could get new players on their feet.

4.) The past is the past, CC has changed on such a huge scale that, referencing pre-stat inflation events has no validity to what is currently happening in game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I'm back from my 3 day ban thanks to A&F. I refused to buy the 40% off gold sale. The game has changed let's face it. So quick to ban ppl saying what's in their mind it's pathetic.

Post Count
    this and that and blah blah blah and yada yada and rant rant and cry a river and they don't give a rat's bleep and more crying and more ripping and more annoyance and more quitting and ... stop buying gold, will ya?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Easy for us free players to say Tzora. Those who've "invested" in their stats, not so much..

That would be akin to asking a drug addict to quit using. Not happening without rehab.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    s
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTeflonDon View Post
    Gucci, I've been around since the start.. I just hit L.148 today.

1.) Its not anyone's fault, other than their own that, those L.250 players spent $$$ to level up as fast as they could. Do you remember when the level cap was raised? Ya that prize is pretty much obsolete now.

2.) Epic bosses used to be simple to complete & getting a 5.5k/5k stat final prize was AWESOME!

3.) The past few bosses were sensibly developed. Now, we have this garbage that will cost at least a bank truck of gold. Of course people are up in arms.

3a.) Your first point about health packs is null considering that previous bosses cost little to no gold to begin with. Epic bosses were a fair, entry-level event that could get new players on their feet.

4.) The past is the past, CC has changed on such a huge scale that, referencing pre-stat inflation events has no validity to what is currently happening in game.

When I first started my account I read a couple of strategy guides on how to best tackle the game, as I didn't know about syn play and the resources from the community at the time. General consensus was, hit the laundromat on east side for a very nice RP/exp ratio, and buy early RP items to start off your mafia. But keep your level low. Of course eager to rob the high level structures I saw on campers I hit night clubs, warehouses, scored tons of exp and wasted but around level 40 or so I realized that the first boss I had seen's prize was decently lower in stats than the next one, and the prizes were gradually increasing in stats - inflation has always been going on, it's just very recently the rate has accelerated to levels where players are alarmed on the forums.

I didn't find epic bosses simple. I spent my first 40 or so levels in a barely-top-1500 syn where I could almost take out the DL myself. Most top minis pass 2 million stats now at level 40. I couldn't finish the epic boss then, and realized that if these prizes were going to just keep increasing in stats, I might as well quit doing LTQs, rob only LTBs and high lvl lofts, and only wipe out the boss more than 40-50 times if it took me out of the tier.

One year later, I find Liu Ming easier than I did 10 levels before completion on his old event(were those bosses level 40 tops at the time? Or level 50? I forgot which, but at this point in the event I'm having an easier time). The only reason why I've spent gold on this event is so I can finish it faster, as I lost my phone for the whole beginning of the event, and nearing completion now. I'll also be able to stay in this tier for another one or two of these bosses.

Maybe my experience has been different, and you can hate on tier campers all you want, but a year into it has kept these bosses extremely cheap - free or within a much more affordable range than any other event in this game - honestly there was a boss I found significantly harder, and that was the first Level 100 boss which gave a ridiculously high (at the time) 80K final prize - if that prize was out today, it would be around 180K-200K in stats proportionately....the very next boss only had a 60K(ish) prize IIRC. I didn't even hit level 70 on that event - I dropped out of that one in the low 60s, and missed out on every single prize at each 5-level increment 65+.
    Last edited by GucciMane; 03-03-2014 at 12:34 AM.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Post Count
    If you're complaining on this forum, complain with your wallet too.

The latter they will respond to, the former, not so much.

Correct. When people realize that like drug companies, wholesale food manufacturers and the like; multi-million dollar gaming companies are not in this for bringing joy to peoples lives. They are in this for purely capitalistic reasons. As long as 25% or so of their users feel some kind of peer pressure (syndicates) or personal pressure (need to win, need to feel accomplished) great enough to make them spend money (even if said game were based on poorly written code and lacked beta testing thereby not even promising to feed their needs even when purchased) then they will continue with their business model. As long as there are profits, it doesn't matter if 75% of users feel betrayed.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    My argument being, they could improve their profits by decreasing the prices of gold & decrease the gold required to complete events.