Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: Attn: Gree

Quote Originally Posted by Elita View Post
    Hey ya'll,

We read your threads and your ideas. Some of the things physically cannot be done with the current engine and some things can. Its totally fine to have a movement so long as it doesn't involve boycotting the game on the forums.

Thanks!
    What is being done to change or enhance the game. "Gifting" was simply another much less valuable form of a gem sale. Other than that there's been nothing since the Arena revamp (which I thought was good). What's in the pipeline? Give us a reason to hang around for it or show that you've done more than read posts.
    iOS GUILD: THE PALE RIDERS
    LVL: 75 (maxed bonuses)
    GW1: 59 GW2: 75 GW3: 56 GW4: 79 GW5: 70 GW6: 71 GW7: 35 GW8: 45, GW9: 46, GW10: 34, GW11: 91 GW12: 21, GW13: 35, GW14: 25, GW15: 16, GW16: 46 GW17: 20, GW18: 32, GW19: 30! 3 Guild Alliance for Armor Wars - 5th Silver Chromatic (FTB), 5th Arclite Shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by bosskiller View Post
    Who told you they didnt buy gems?
    I can't imagine very many people dropping that kind of money.

If you look at some of the accounts in Arena that we all know are there, you can see they fought an Epic Boss or two months ago and haven't fought one since. They low level with bad armors.

And yet...you expect me to believe they're spending hundreds of dollars all of a sudden just to top the Arena?

Come on.

Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer 1 View Post
    In so far as 'hacker detection/prevention' - trust me, it's there. Various compliance models insist that a minimum set of standards exists - and are routinely audited. The few software bugs are just that - glitches (intentional or otherwise).
    Nah, KnD is more just like windows 95 with its internet access bolted on last minute.
    If a connection can hickup and someone ends up with hundreds of millions of gold because of that without the server automatically realizing something isn't right, then your server coding is hopeless...
    Android: GM of casual guild Macross (former Majestic member), mostly farming screenshots for the wiki now.
    Line-ID: marco-knd
    Still usable epics: Forgestone+/Ravage/Necro/Druid, Specter/Komodo
    if "boss fight is close" then "insert miss at the last moment" end
    Topic containing the all important armor etc. spreadsheet: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...Administration

However - that 'cash cow' has a finite life-cycle and rate of return. You must take into account both the instant gratification aspects and App rollover. Even the pinnacle of gaming apps (Angry Birds) fell short of projected earnings by year 3, and has fallen short every year since. The brand has been maintained by cross-platform marketing and merchandising. Your typical game app lasts about 3 months. Hell, Gree didn't have an app in the top 10 this year. Clash of Clans was #1, and they saw a 30% drop off in December alone. The only other game of the last 18 months that has broken that paradigm is Dragonvale.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer 1 View Post
    Software development lifecycle(s) are fit into a project management / project delivery framework. That being said, the content and future content of the game is already dictated and placed on a development path that has been agreed upon, resourced, and dictated a long time ago. Anticipated profit margins based upon application lifecycle and 'high-quality', non-repetitious traffic has already been calculated. At this point, K&D is on life support. Nothing major is going to be added. Live it, like it, love it, or hate it - but accept it.
    ^this

I've tried explaining 6-12 month project outlook to this circus before. All the 12 year olds here think programming decisions are made on the fly, then coded & implemented within 1-2 days.
    /facepalm

So what you are saying is if a game starts making money hand over fist and it wasn't expected there is no hope that the company who makes that game will add anything. Sounds like a crappy company outlook. No wonder profits are down and expected to decrease
    I support the 11+ movement

Q Mob GM

Quote Originally Posted by 09cobaltss View Post
    So what you are saying is if a game starts making money hand over fist and it wasn't expected there is no hope that the company who makes that game will add anything. Sounds like a crappy company outlook. No wonder profits are down and expected to decrease
    This is the MMIoS architecture in a nutshell. These corporations have no idea how to build & grow their fundamentals. Gree is just one of the worst about it. They also have the most innovative & interactive pvp model of any IOS game company I've found, which is why I've played most of their games up until recently. Most game companies aren't much better in terms of content release & supporting a long term player base. The travel mmorpg genre has potential, but I doubt the current direction of world affairs will do us (the consumers) any favors.