Package File is Invalid - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Package File is Invalid

Post Count
    I'm having this issue on my Sony Ericsson Experia Play
    Model R800x. Running android version 2.3.3. I've tried all the fixes even did a factory reset on phone. Nothing has helped. I can't justify getting a new phone just because modern war app doesn't work.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by slgreenwell View Post
    I'm having this issue on my Sony Ericsson Experia Play
    Model R800x Running android version 2.3.3. I've tried all the fixes even did a factory reset on phone. Nothing has helped. I can't justify getting a new phone just because modern war app doesn't work.

That's the reality. Android devices running on version 2 are the most affected.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Hi,

Seems I affected by this too. Firmware 2.3.3. Gree should announce this officially if this is not a glitch.

What was the previous builds that worked for you guys having the invalid package file issue?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Last time this happened I deleted and reinstalled and was locked out for over a month and then was screwed out of everything my faction earned in the faction events because I my account was considered inactive. I can't do the new event same as all of you and have found out that gree no longer supports older versions of android so for me to continue to play I have to buy a new phone. I guess it's looking like they may be losing a lot of players due to this according to what I've been reading on other post. Looks like I'm taking another vacation for the next few days to see if I'm able to do any of the other events or not. Good luck all.

Banned
    Post Count

Droid3

I have a droid3 with v2.3.4. Probably too old but let me know if there's a work around.

On a side note I have two other members of my faction both on iOS. After they declare war they cannot see any results. They also cannot deploy any units. Nothing shows up and the queue remains empty. It was like this for the entire war. Rebooting devices doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Just wanted you to know.

Jackattack

Post Count
    i had to uninstall the game cuz of all the data downloads now when i go to reinstall it i get an error package file is invalid i sat on the phone with google for an hour and a half doin all the trouble shooting and even did a factory reset on my phone nothing iv had this problem be for and my device is an lGl38c if nothing else can u send me a copy of the apk???

Lurker
    Post Count
    So anyone with an older android should just forget playing Modern War?

Doesn't seem like you have posted anything along the lines as your working on a solution to the issues.

Hey Guys,

There is a new build being rolled out to production right now with a potential fix to "Invalid Package File".

v.4.0.1
    • {BUG FIX} Full Assault crash and chat fixes
    • {BUG FIX} Fix most of "Package File Invalid" issues. NOTE: Re-install if you had this issue.

Please let us know if you guys are still having issues.

We will monitor the crashes and increase the release to 100% if everything looks good.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Chua View Post
    Hey Guys,

There is a new build being rolled out to production right now with a potential fix to "Invalid Package File".

v.4.0.1
    • {BUG FIX} Full Assault crash and chat fixes
    • {BUG FIX} Fix most of "Package File Invalid" issues. NOTE: Re-install if you had this issue.

Please let us know if you guys are still having issues.

We will monitor the crashes and increase the release to 100% if everything looks good.
    Any idea when this fix will be launched? Just tried again now and still getting the invalid package file message. I'll keep checking hopeful to see the new update being released.

Lurker
    Post Count
    the new version V.4.0.1 is now working on my HTC DESIRE HD

Post Count
    Kinda mixed emotions here. Its now working on my Desire HD which is great. How was it fixed in less than 12hrs when we have been reporting the issue for months!?

Post Count

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by pb23 View Post
    This happened to one of my guys... he has been locked out since the Friday of Finland WD.

Gree put it back on Google Play (android) and said it was not their issue. Downloading an old version helped him get up and running. Still no solution for the current version.
    Same with me....had to download an older version just to get back into the game. Who knows how that will screw me down the road.

Post Count
    Ok this fix worked perfectly but now when I try to open MW it gives me black screen and i need to do Force Close:-(
    Using Samsung Xcover s5690