Page 3 of 27 First 1234513 ... Last
    I agree. I'm not in the Situation Room, but as I understand it while it may be true that Majestic was the catalyst, or at least the launching point, there are representatives from dozens of other guilds - Top 10 and others...and all seem to be onboard with it.

Why are you so sore at Majestic anyway? They aren't always Top 10 contenders and they barely ranked last time; it took two days of consistent back and forth with Forsaken.

They placed, they have placed in the past, and they'll likely place again...it benefits everyone, not just them.

Did you get shot down by them or something, or were you in Forsaken and pissed that you lost? You shouldn't be; they fought hard and were it not for their many leechers there's a good chance they woulda made #10 instead.
    Last edited by PhoenixZee; 02-23-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Knights of Furyans supports this movement!!!
    Guild Master and Founder of "Knights of Furyans"
    We are a proud guild of The Republic Alliance

Guild Title: Guild Master
    IGN: JEDI Master Seta
    Line ID: Sadjhir0

Quote Originally Posted by smujica93 View Post
    Not spending at all will do nothing, simply because of the prisoner's dilemma it introduces. Even if the entire top 25 chooses not to spend at all, then what's to stop 26-100 from spending and taking top 10? Let's face it, none of the spenders will stop spending. DK won't, Majestic won't, OTB won't, and neither will the rest. So, instead of attacking Majestic, why don't you focus on the issue at hand here, which is that GREE has not and probably will not address any of our requests. And if you're so convinced that you know how this movement should be handled, then why don't you start your own movement? As long as top 10 rewards include war epics, not spending at all is unrealistic. Period.
    If you got a bunch of the top guilds to stop spending and demonstrated to GREE that you mean business, I am 100% certain that they would take notice and address it. You don't need all top 25 guilds to participate.

Also, if Majestic is not willing to stop spending and is willing to pay for exactly what GREE is offering, then clearly they don't see major issues with the game.

I wouldn't start a movement, unless I saw a need and felt there would be enough support to produce a change. The game as it is draws enough interest and is free to play outside the top 10 guilds. I don't agree that top 50 should be rewarded with great prizes. They get mediocre rewards for their mediocre results. I do agree that top 11-20 should receive better rewards, but I'll let them fight their own battles.

The only thing I really want to see from your list is the ability to boot people during war, but I imagine that could affect the war mechanics and may result in a bigger change that you think. I certainly wouldn't start a movement (maybe a bowel movement) over this change.

And again, all I'm saying is that it's hypocritical to demand change and whine and cry on the forums, while paying GREE tons of money. If you're unwilling to stop paying, then clearly the only message you're sending is that everything is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by infliction View Post
    I wouldn't start a movement, unless I saw a need and felt there would be enough support to produce a change. The game as it is draws enough interest and is free to play outside the top 10 guilds. I don't agree that top 50 should be rewarded with great prizes. They get mediocre rewards for their mediocre results. I do agree that top 11-20 should receive better rewards, but I'll let them fight their own battles.

And again, all I'm saying is that it's hypocritical to demand change and whine and cry on the forums, while paying GREE tons of money. If you're unwilling to stop paying, then clearly the only message you're sending is that everything is OK.
    I think you're spot on here. Again, using Forsaken as a case in point...they never quit until the last day, and if I recall right 12-20 were pretty much in flux throughout the first day and a half as well.

It would be much nicer to have more solid rewards for those guys instead of significantly weak and aged older epic bosses or legendaries. While it's true that nobody forced them to do it, they still put a significant amount of money towards a goal they just so happened to fail to achieve. While maybe not a GW epic is worthy, some other form of credible reward is certainly warranted.

And you are absolutely correct. I'm tired of seeing people say, not only here but in oher F2P games that they're tired of seeing what they perceive as injustice, yet continue to pay for the most current shiny object so they can stay ahead of the curve.

If we had even 1 3-day war where 1-10 were completely unknowns, or irregulars...and #1 took it with a guild who scored like, 1m points...or shoot, even a fraction of what DK usually scores, Gree would be forced to take notice. How much lost revenue is that?

Anyone with the time to calculate that?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixZee View Post
    I agree. I'm not in the Situation Room, but as I understand it while it may be true that Majestic was the catalyst, or at least the launching point, there are representatives from dozens of other guilds - Top 10 and others...and all seem to be onboard with it.

Why are you so sore at Majestic anyway? They aren't always Top 10 contenders and they barely ranked last time; it took two days of consistent back and forth with Forsaken.

They placed, they have placed in the past, and they'll likely place again...it benefits everyone, not just them.

Did you get shot down by them or something, or were you in Forsaken and pissed that you lost? You shouldn't be; they fought hard and were it not for their many leechers there's a good chance they woulda made #10 instead.
    Lol, the top 10 guilds are on board, but are stilling paying thousands of dollars every war. Clearly, they aren't on board.

Why am I sore with Majestic? Lol, I'm not. I'm not concerned with where Majestic placed or where Forsaken placed. All I'm saying is that their members are paying thousands of dollars (collectively) to play during a 3 day war. Not to mention the numerous hundreds and thousands spent on chests by the teams. This behavior is a direct statement to GREE that the game is fine as is and is worth spending hundreds (individually) each week. If Majestic wants to lead this movement, they should make a real statement about the game.

And if you must know, I don't compete with Majestic nor with Forsaken. They aren't even in the same league as us.

And if you must know, I don't compete with Majestic nor with Forsaken. They aren't even in the same league as us.
    I don't need to know, nor did I ask. I'll admit the post probably came out harsher than intended, but it's done now. From the language used I'd guess you're someone in the DK family, but even if not...nobody to my knowledge was trying to claim either of them was in the same league as the upper tier. A simple look at the scores announces that loudly.

Looks like someone feels the need to puff out their chest on forums.
    Guild: Alliance
    IGN: Alliance Thor
    Level: 199

Epics
    Arclite Shroud+
    Sandstorm Platemail+
    Soulshard Necromantle+
    Beastmaster Battlegear+
    Arborsteel Vanguard+
    Northerner's Battlegear+
    Triskelion Wargear
    Revelation Robes
    Silver Chromatic Mantle
    Sol Vanguard
    Snowstorm Platemail
    Hellfire Platemail
    Cyclone Chainmail
    Runic Robes
    Aquatic Battlegear
    Specter's Shroud
    Aegis of Sky Majesty
    Cloudrange Platemail
    Tectonic Mantle

By the way Infliction, if you were in a guild that "wasn't even in the same league" as Majestic or Forsaken, then you would be in a guild that is ranked higher than them, which means you would spend more than us. Way to contradict your own argument.

Epics
    Arclite Shroud+
    Sandstorm Platemail+
    Soulshard Necromantle+
    Beastmaster Battlegear+
    Arborsteel Vanguard+
    Northerner's Battlegear+
    Triskelion Wargear
    Revelation Robes
    Silver Chromatic Mantle
    Sol Vanguard
    Snowstorm Platemail
    Hellfire Platemail
    Cyclone Chainmail
    Runic Robes
    Aquatic Battlegear
    Specter's Shroud
    Aegis of Sky Majesty
    Cloudrange Platemail
    Tectonic Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by smujica93 View Post
    By the way Infliction, if you were in a guild that "wasn't even in the same league" as Majestic or Forsaken, then you would be in a guild that is ranked higher than them, which means you would spend more than us. Way to contradict your own argument.
    We do spend more than you. What contradiction?

I don't believe in your movement and I like the game. I won't rate this game a 1 star and I won't constantly whine about it. Of course, I would love to see some changes, but I'm happy to spend on the game as is.

Good luck with your movement and your constant whining. Just don't get your hopes up, unless you're willing to make a real statement.

We do spend more than you. What contradiction?

I don't believe in your movement and I like the game. I won't rate this game a 1 star and I won't constantly whine about it. Of course, I would love to see some changes, but I'm happy to spend on the game as is.

Good luck with your movement and your constant whining. Just don't get your hopes up, unless you're willing to make a real statement.
    Who says I'm whining? I continue to spend too. I stick around because of the wars and my guild. I hate GREE as much as the next guy, but I support the movement because I get bored of the lack of content. This post is for the movement. You've said your piece, so I don't see the need to continually criticize it. Take your negativity elsewhere.

Epics
    Arclite Shroud+
    Sandstorm Platemail+
    Soulshard Necromantle+
    Beastmaster Battlegear+
    Arborsteel Vanguard+
    Northerner's Battlegear+
    Triskelion Wargear
    Revelation Robes
    Silver Chromatic Mantle
    Sol Vanguard
    Snowstorm Platemail
    Hellfire Platemail
    Cyclone Chainmail
    Runic Robes
    Aquatic Battlegear
    Specter's Shroud
    Aegis of Sky Majesty
    Cloudrange Platemail
    Tectonic Mantle

He's certainly abrasive, his delivery could use some tact and he seems to have a bone to pick with Majestic, but ultimately he's not incorrect. I've been playing for roughly a year now, and while I've only lurked off and on the forums, it wasn't enough to know any more that Majestic seems to have earned a lot of ire from a certain segment of the pecking order here, if not specifically why.

That being said, they are attempting a good thing. However, unless there is action behind the chanting absolutely nothing will change. What we have here is tantamount to your workers going on strike over unfair conditions, but half of them continue to show up and cross the picket line. Maybe it's a poor example, but whatever.

You all can shout all you want and change the rating to 1, but unless there is uniform, or even majority cease-spending across the upper tier of the players, GREE will have no reason to do anything other than sit back and chuckle.

You won't stop casual and (self-titled) semi-hardcore people from buying the $1-$20, maybe even $50 packs...but if what...Top 10 x 40 members so 400 players stop purchasing $100-$200 packs, and let's be realistic because we know more people spend a lot more than that...there won't be any kind of dent made.

There has to be action behind the demand.
    Last edited by PhoenixZee; 02-23-2014 at 12:09 PM.

The irony of all of this is that the posting guidelines prevent us from engaging "in religious or political discussion, or [promoting] political or legal actions or boycotts against any entity."

"Any entity" would definitely include GREE, so posting about gem boycotts may very well result in bans.

Epics
    Arclite Shroud+
    Sandstorm Platemail+
    Soulshard Necromantle+
    Beastmaster Battlegear+
    Arborsteel Vanguard+
    Northerner's Battlegear+
    Triskelion Wargear
    Revelation Robes
    Silver Chromatic Mantle
    Sol Vanguard
    Snowstorm Platemail
    Hellfire Platemail
    Cyclone Chainmail
    Runic Robes
    Aquatic Battlegear
    Specter's Shroud
    Aegis of Sky Majesty
    Cloudrange Platemail
    Tectonic Mantle

Boycott...I wonder which definition is used. From merriam-webster.com

"to refuse to buy, use, or participate in (something) as a way of protesting : to stop using the goods or services of (a company, country, etc.) until changes are made"

It's true to an extent, so if they choose to they'll lock 2 posters out of the forums. However, to my knowledge there's only been speculation about the usage of gems, not stopping playing the game. Perhaps it counts, perhaps it doesn't. I'm no lawyer, but do choosing not to buy micro transactions count as a boycott if you still use and support the free product?
    Last edited by PhoenixZee; 02-23-2014 at 12:19 PM.

A further piece of speculation for those unafraid to discuss:

If actual banning is game wide and not just website, do you really think they'd ban all of their top spenders, legitimate non-hacked spenders, if everyone invited into that Line chat got HERE with their concerns instead of hiding behind an app?

I'm just saying GREE clearly isn't beyond listening. There was a large thread asking for time inbetween wars, and look! Still no war yet, unless I'm just not updated.

So they are seeing the complaints...the real issue here is they aren't communicating to us what they see and intend.