Page 4 of 27 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixZee View Post
    HI've been playing for roughly a year now, and while I've only lurked off and on the forums, it wasn't enough to know any more that Majestic seems to have earned a lot of ire from a certain segment of the pecking order here, if not specifically why..
    Actually I like littlefish the gm of Majestic quite well and I support Maj Mikie the GM of Majestic Alliance in these efforts. Ive talked to him and think his idea to call gree and see if he can get thru to someone is a good idea before embracing negative ways to get attention. I dont support Maj paladine who also posts here, so maybe thats why some get the impression Majestic isnt well liked or respected. I have quite a few Majestic friends on pm.

DK Fire

Id love to see top 100 guilds use free energy only. From what I hear a line chat has already been started gms of all top 99 guilds talk it out.

Well the way I see it is no one should be attacking someone who is willing to ask for change. At least some people are stepping up to the plate and putting ideas out there. It's not whining about it. It's asking them to change a few simple things to make the game better, more fun, and more profitable
    I support the 11+ movement

Q Mob GM

Ah...

Looks like you guys are having so much fun.

Please continue to debate the fun not spending money and demanding more prizes while others debate that its a losing battle because everyone else who does continue to spend will make up for it. I've always been one to doubt that... if people were going to spend big, they would have already. Same with on iOS side and all those who wanted to down the Rainbow. People tried over and over, and failed. If DPA, Rainbow, SNL, War, and a couple others all stepped out, fully, for a war or two, I really doubt the next in line would have those 40 mil point battles for first.

But please, enlighten us all, have your boycott, demand your demands, rate down the game and see what happens. I've seen other games go through this... and they're still alive and kicking after all these so-called boycotts... and yet they still have wars where the have-nots complain that they can't keep up with the Haves.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

Quote Originally Posted by 09cobaltss View Post
    Well the way I see it is no one should be attacking someone who is willing to ask for change. At least some people are stepping up to the plate and putting ideas out there. It's not whining about it. It's asking them to change a few simple things to make the game better, more fun, and more profitable
    Asking for change is one thing. Getting a bunch of people to rig the app rating to a 1 can deter people from joining the game and accelerate the demise of the game. What good could possibly come out of stopping people from joining this game? Your efforts will either do absolutely nothing (this is what I'm hoping for) OR will slowly erode the game as less people join.

All I'm saying is that if you really want change, organize yourselves and use your money to make a real statement. Paying Gree hundreds of dollars and then rating their app a 1 star is asinine.

I guess downrating a game will kill it but stopping revenue won't. Great logic there. If you like the way the game is running then just do nothing
    I support the 11+ movement

Q Mob GM

Quote Originally Posted by 09cobaltss View Post
    I guess downrating a game will kill it but stopping revenue won't. Great logic there. If you like the way the game is running then just do nothing
    Temporarily cutting revenue will get them to notice and it will hurt them. If it's prolonged, of course it will kill the game. Killing the rating will deter people from joining. Those are people you will never get back.

Try and apply just a moderate level of critical thinking and you'll surprise yourself.

I fully support the 11+ movement and already left my review. I think the demands and tactic are logical and well thought out.

However, I am starting to feel that those of us organized enough to take action are in the serious minority. For every 1 person that votes 1 star, there are at least 10 newbies voting 5. I just don't see the numbers adding up to making a dent in the rating.

What we lack in numbers, we certainly make up for in buying power. I am sure 50% of the games revenue comes from the top 100 guilds.

I think that the only way we can truly get some traction is if we boycott gems for a week. I know its a pipe dream, but I think its a reasonable sacrifice to make a point.

Yes, other guilds will spend more, we won't get an epic, etc...but if it makes the game better, its worth it.

Down-rating a game just makes it so that the game doesn't get the publicity and new users aren't blindly joining a game. They see bad ratings and stay away.

Not spending on wars makes Gree take some notice. Again, I seriously doubt that the guilds in the top 25 area are going to magically come out and super-over-spend if the top 10 was to all boycott one war. I really think it would be a "sweet, we can get an Epic for cheap"... but I could be wrong. Can people put aside their egos and let a war epic slip them by in an attempt to change the game for the better?

Make a true boycott happen and see what happens. That is the only way.

Downrating the game won't do it alone, you're just stopping any new players from trying the game.

Busteroaf
    Retired
    Beer: Give your brain the night off

I've always been a big supporter of a gem boycott.

100 people giving 1-star reviews illustrates a severe lack of planning and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by infliction View Post
    Temporarily cutting revenue will get them to notice and it will hurt them. If it's prolonged, of course it will kill the game. Killing the rating will deter people from joining. Those are people you will never get back.

Try and apply just a moderate level of critical thinking and you'll surprise yourself.
    And both are valid tactics to put multilateral pressure on a corporation. As far as critical thinking goes I suggest you consider the kinds of jobs that those with 30,000 dollars a war to spend collectively hold in the real world. Applying multiple levels of pressure on
    Corporation is our daily bread and butter. As a CFO if I noticed my two most tracked numbers dropping, I'm pretty sure my board would
    Demand answers. Personal in game conflicts aside Id like to see this game continue , flourish, and live up to its potential. This movement
    Has put together what a large MAJORITY support. That being the case there will be items more widely supported than others

But the official listed items are the demands of the majority. This movement is not a rebellion by teenagers.
    But by savvy real world business professionals. With realistic and obtainable goals and objectives that they
    Feel are in the best interest of the overall playerbase and future game growth.

Boycotting is just wishful thinking really, it's never gonna happen. Besides I highly doubt enough players doing it will make much, if any, difference to be honest. It has to be EVERYONE, but people have to put their prides aside which they won't, they want to be called the best and have the best.

While a boycott would be nice, it isnt possible. If DK EVER backed down, for any reason, other top 10 guilds would spend more knowing they have a chance for a +. And I highly doubt you can get all top 10 teams to stop their spending.
    IGN: FL TAD
    Level: 132
    Guild: The Fat Lards

Dragonforge: Frigid Soulgard (84)

Epics: Angelic Battlemail (max), Manipulator's Souplate (max), Gunslinger's Trappings (max), Raptor's Embrace (max), Explorer's Piecemail (78), Explorer's Piecemail+ (max), Champion's Battlegear+ (max), Summoner's Garb (max), Voidwalker's Shelter+ (58), Technomancer Armor (31)

Quote Originally Posted by bosskiller View Post
    While a boycott would be nice, it isnt possible. If DK EVER backed down, for any reason, other top 10 guilds would spend more knowing they have a chance for a +. And I highly doubt you can get all top 10 teams to stop their spending.
    For what its worth, no a boycott is not being supported as a means. This thread people asking for one, but as noted, there would be no support for one among the top teams. And as you say, if we step down others would take our place. We might even step down for a boost war, ...but not to boycott, because we dont want more boosts, and think we proved our point who is dominant, that it wouldnt hurt...but who knows if DK actually is able to quit killing full out idk.

I agree they need to do something more for top 50 and 100