Closing threads - Gree not closing doors. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Closing threads - Gree not closing doors.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    I'm telling people not to flame the mods, there's no discussion on whether that is okay or not. I understand that tempers can flare but people need to respect that baseline of behavior.

Also, there isn't much we can do about the actual event. I understand peoples' frustration with last minute changes, but this wasn't a weighted choice where feedback could have been taken into account here. We hit some serious snags, that sucks, we had to cancel the event, which also sucks. I agree that it sucks.
    You should've canceled the last 2 events as well imo

Quote Originally Posted by JB5 View Post
    But to come on here and act as though we have no room to vent about what's been going on with the game just goes to show how out of touch you really are.
    Re-read what I wrote. What got that thread shut down and a bunch of people banned in the last half hour were people telling the forum admins to go "f" themselves because the posters didn't like what we had to say. That's not okay, and will continue to not be okay regardless of how pissed off people are or whether or not they think it is a reasonable reaction to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    You should've canceled the last 2 events as well imo
    I agree with you, for what that is worth.

Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Brian, you're on your third banned account. Stop posting on the forums.
    Really? LOL FAIL.

I think that you guys should let them rage till they stop. Thanks for listening but we still have other ideas that you guys haven't seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly's Voice View Post
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I know the mods and developers are faced with frustration from negativity but that is kinda par for the course in the customer service based business where we spend real money on technically flawed communication, instructions and programming.

Is that the customers fault? No the customer wants a simple TIMELY explanation, an avenue for their voice to be heard and assurance that problem solving actually happens and future problems can be easily rectified.

An offer by mods to be more transparent and informative is only valid if followed up by real actions by showing real information.

This should not be dangled over the customers heads by saying if our customers don't do xxxxxxx then we will not show or explain to them how to play our game that only we (mods and developers) know the real rules/goals/objectives.

I appreciate the mods and developers being active and speaking but at the heart of it all its your job to help/educate/inform your customers.

I am not attempting to bash anyone in any way shape or form. I am just trying to help you - help us with the game we love.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I'm telling people not to flame the mods, there's no discussion on whether that is okay or not. I understand that tempers can flare but people need to respect that baseline of behavior.

Also, there isn't much we can do about the actual event. I understand peoples' frustration with last minute changes, but this wasn't a weighted choice where feedback could have been taken into account here. We hit some serious snags, that sucks, we had to cancel the event, which also sucks. I agree that it sucks.
    I understand the mods are in a difficult spot. But the issue is that you represent the game and yet are very disconnected from the developers who are calling the shots. For weeks you denied the airplane glitch existed. Then tried to patch it up and caused even more problems. Why not be open to the feedback and work with the users to research the issue...and TEST the patches and events?

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I am upset the 24 hour LTQ was cancelled .. Was hoping for a decent stat boost ... Since all the info was already laid out in gree land .. Can we know what the final prize would have been ?

Post Count
    And so the war rages on, over pixels..........
    Join P.O.T.....Growing and making waves.....Top250-400 Faction.......

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Keep up the great work CJ. This is the first time I've noticed you getting angry. Don't take it so personal. This is just a job. Not life like some of these people in here. Imagine the guy at a hospital that has to tell folks that their mother is dead. I can't believe most in here flipping out about this event.
    The views and opinions expressed by me are most likely not the views and opinions of my faction. Please do not hold them accountable for my actions.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Loud noises!

Post Count
    I would rather an event be canceled, rather than it performing unevenly, be edited to reward some or just glitching along. I applaud the PM that made that call and the exec that supported it.

A lot of the venting could be alleviated with proper planning & testing. If you aren't running tests on models for April's war now, you are behind. That's basic programming. I'm laying plans for Q4 work- November launch. Testing will be done by end August...because people err, and patches will be needed. But in November! upon rollout it will be fixed.

Instead of knee jerk reactions to a select few posts, just share the grand plan. If it's to get ahead of the curve and it will take four months and fewer events during those 120 days that's fine- if we get a better product.

If it's to continue on the same hamster wheel, that will also help players make decisions. Thanks
    SKILLZONE 773520110.
    Maxed Health Regen time.
    Maxed Infantry Defense
    Maxed Ground Defense
    Maxed Air Defense
    Maxed Sea Defense
    Maxed Defense from Buildings.
    Maxed Building output
    Maxed Infantry Attack
    Maxed Ground Attack
    Maxed Air Attack
    Maxed Sea Attack
    Maxed casualty rate
    GROUPME required
    PM for more info; always recruiting

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    CJ, we all understand the frustrations on both ends.. Then u must realize by now that running events that close back to back is not only a problem for us players but it can bring serious back fall on your end too.. Thats why we all given feedback from time to time that events should be little spaced out.. It gives everyone a breathing space and keeps the fun on our end and morale on your end.. And trust its really not good to be in the situation you guys get into.. Specially last three events.. I hope moving further little space in events will be beneficial for everyone.. Thanks again..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    A quick looks around the forums will show that we're not closing threads for venting/complaining.

What isn't okay is verbal attacks directed directly at the moderators (which was half of the last thread that got closed, before those were deleted), swearing up a crapstorm, or starting new threads with a two-sentence post that says literally nothing other than "you guys are incompetent".

EDIT: Seriously, if people need to vent they need to vent, but it needs to have content more than "you suck" or that is all the threads turn into because everyone sees that as the baseline of discourse.
    So you see one person who says "you suck", and you close the thread, but screw anyone else who commented in that thread?

Here's an idea. Your employer should get their stuff in gear and stop being a mess. They're making mistakes that were covered in Business 101, Programming 101, and Customer Service for Dummies.

Post Count

Thumbs up Modern War Addicts

I think it needs to be said, if you are getting that frustrated over a game, you have some serious addition issues. Throw real money in as well and you have a very toxic environment. I believe some of you all need to have a good cold beer and get some outside time. Ride a bike (Honda of course) go to the beach or hit the night club. Maybe even spend some time with your family perhaps? There will another event along soon enough. Why not spend the time you have being thankful you don't have to stare at a screen for the next 24 hours. Just a thought.
    If you take a chance and succeed, it was worth it.

If you take a chance and fail, try again.

Post Count
    A quick looks around the forums will show that we're not closing threads for venting/complaining.

What isn't okay is verbal attacks directed directly at the moderators (which was half of the last thread that got closed, before those were deleted), swearing up a crapstorm, or starting new threads with a two-sentence post that says literally nothing other than "you guys are incompetent".

EDIT: Seriously, if people need to vent they need to vent, but it needs to have content more than "you suck" or that is all the threads turn into because everyone sees that as the baseline of discourse.
    Yesterday nearly half the threads on the front page were locked with no explanation. (I know it wasn't you who closed them, but still your company's representative) One of them was even started as a defense of Gree and urging people to give you guys the benefit of the doubt until we knew for sure about that particular issue. Several others were just people venting, but I'm guessing were closed because there were multiple threads about similar issues, even though each thread was focused on different facets of each issue.

There are many unanswered questions about issues in the last weeks, and some people are even calling others cheaters or liars just because they aren't having the same issue.

This is the hard part of your job and, frankly, I wouldn't want it, but when you don't disseminate clear, substantive information regarding the matters at hand, the only thing people can do is speculate.

No, nobody's mother is dying, and it is just a game; however, it is an open-market product with a very significant monthly gross revenue, and customer service is a very treasured thing. A respectful, accommodating response to a bad situation can actually increase your loyal customer base in spite of the negative experience. No response or a disrespectful response will only frustrate people and reduce the base. And some of the responses in the last 24 hours (not from you, CJ, but again, you are Gree, and so is the other representative) just make us feel like we are viewed as naughty school children who need to be scolded and controlled. We are the customers, and Gree is not doing us a favor by selling us a product - we are doing Gree a favor by buying it.

It's all about perspective, and, as a company, if you lose it, you will eventually be lost.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Yesterday nearly half the threads on the front page were locked with no explanation. (I know it wasn't you who closed them, but still your company's representative) One of them was even started as a defense of Gree and urging people to give you guys the benefit of the doubt until we knew for sure about that particular issue. Several others were just people venting, but I'm guessing were closed because there were multiple threads about similar issues, even though each thread was focused on different facets of each issue.
    If you're talking about the ones related to the epic boss, I think those were closed due to the fact that we had largely the same discussion spread out through half a dozen threads and were trying to redirect it to one. That was probably the wrong decision, and I'll talk to the rest of the team about that going forward.

What are people calling each other liars over, out of curiosity?

EDIT: Also, frankly, I did sound to scold-like in my own post in the stickied thread, for which I apologize.