Closing threads - Gree not closing doors. - Page 4

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Closing threads - Gree not closing doors.

Post Count
    Did you take what I said as a direct personal attack? Because it was meant as a course of generality, not a personal attack. When I said "you" in that sentence, I didn't mean you "CJ54", as an individual, I meant "you" as in Gree, the company entity. I can see how it could have been taken that way, though.

The principle of the sentence being, when people are up against a countdown clock and are looking for answers, if specific answers aren't given, they will naturally speculate. As more time passes without substantive information, the speculations will naturally grow more and more negative as a lack of solid information has a tendency to make people assume the worst.

edit: re-reading my sentence, it definitely sounds like I meant CJ personally. I should have worded it differently, because how it was worded was not exactly how I meant it.

And I really do appreciate all the correspondence in this thread. It's refreshing.
    Last edited by Kefa; 02-21-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Did you take what I said as a direct personal attack? Because it was meant as a course of generality, not a personal attack. When I said "you" in that sentence, I didn't mean you "CJ54", as an individual, I meant "you" as in Gree, the company entity. I can see how it could have been taken that way, though.

The principle of the sentence being, when people are up against a countdown clock and are looking for answers, if specific answers aren't given, they will naturally speculate. As more time passes without substantive information, the speculations will naturally grow more and more negative as a lack of solid information has a tendency to make people assume the worst.
    No, not you, or most of the other people posting in here (a handful of comments did get moderated, by which I mean deleted).

When the sticky thread was made, it was almost immediately filled with people swearing at the person who posted it and basically going above and beyond. Those posts were moderated so people can't see them (because they were foul, frankly), so it looks like we're just being jerks. This is usually why we ask people not to comment on moderation actions. Usually there's a bunch of deleted stuff that would provide context but we removed it because it was a big bunch of bad language or just generally prohibited stuff.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Cj all of the axis of evil targets are missing pls help

Quote Originally Posted by spencecm View Post
    Cj all of the axis of evil targets are missing pls help
    We're checking right now.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    If you're talking about the ones related to the epic boss, I think those were closed due to the fact that we had largely the same discussion spread out through half a dozen threads and were trying to redirect it to one. That was probably the wrong decision, and I'll talk to the rest of the team about that going forward.

What are people calling each other liars over, out of curiosity?

EDIT: Also, frankly, I did sound to scold-like in my own post in the stickied thread, for which I apologize.
    Looks like u have a lot of free time now, so can u answer me about my tickets or my post and answer to all of us if u think for real than u have fixed THE raid boss resetted issue????
    Have Fun!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    thank you ur a good man/ shactopus

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Let me be absolutely clear about what I am talking about here and elsewhere, and I will additionally update my previous posts for clarity on this matter, because there seems to be some confusion here.
    Sorry CJ, but your response is a non response. It would almost seem as though you are hiding behind the TOS in order to avoid our questions. In a Japanese company, at some point senior management steps out and bows head down 90 degrees and apologizes for all the mistakes the company has made. The tone here continues to be take it or leave it. Trust me, living in a communist country myself, I know the feeling first hand and I am surprised that they allow me to even access this forum. Perhaps I need to be thankful for this little entertainment that I am allowed to have. I'm surprised that I can earn enough to play this game. Thank goodness for corruption!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    No, not you, or most of the other people posting in here (a handful of comments did get moderated, by which I mean deleted).

When the sticky thread was made, it was almost immediately filled with people swearing at the person who posted it and basically going above and beyond. Those posts were moderated so people can't see them (because they were foul, frankly), so it looks like we're just being jerks. This is usually why we ask people not to comment on moderation actions. Usually there's a bunch of deleted stuff that would provide context but we removed it because it was a big bunch of bad language or just generally prohibited stuff.
    It's too bad you guys can't just redact offensive text... Or use a paint program to draw rage faces, nyan cats & unicorns over the posts.

A lot of good conversation in here. THIS helps.

Back in the day, I was very active in the forums for a couple Facebook games - Mob Wars & Dope Wars.
    After some discussion with Roger, the head developer, he promoted some of us to forum mods to help police the community. It worked out surprisingly well & without any abuse of authority.

This would allow us to take some of the burden off your shoulders so you spend less time on babysitting & discipline, and more time on customer service, informative communication, etc.

Thoughts?

Post Count
    We're checking right now.
    Once you have a free minute.. by looking at the 2year ani thread , I didn't mean just with your eyes . A response/explanation after a month would be in place I believe....
    We all have addictions.. I just have 298 of them..

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Is there going be explanation on the fallout event guy?

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefa View Post
    Still not gonna happen. They have at least 3 games in the top 50 highest grossing apps on iOS today (that's most money, not most downloads, for those who get confused by the word "grossing"), and War of Nations is #51 today. Knights and Dragons topped $5M in 30-day revenue as of Dec 17th, and it's only ranked 88th in top grossing on iOS, so figure it out. That's allot of revenue flowing in - no need to shut down a thing.

Plus they're hiring..
    What you say about their top grossing apps is correct. But your analysis of the company's financial health is very incomplete.

1. They have consistent revenue and profit decreases YTD quarters. Forget about increasing or accelerating rates of growth, they're declining. Really bad for any company, I mean really, really bad.

2. Yes, they have top grossing apps. But guess what, these are mostly Funzio titles. Which they paid +$200 mil for over a year ago. They're close to making a profit on these titles (MW, CC, KA, etc). but haven't.

3. They're Asian titles are bleeding them money. They are losing growth in this market and its their biggest.

4. They're North American / European revenues and profits are rising, these are from mostly their Funzio titles (MW, CC, KA, etc.). Notice the massive gold events in the past few months? Its to dampen their hemorrhaging declines in Asia. They're bleeding their North American / European customers to try to help short term balance sheets.

5. Please view recent financial quarterly reports:

GREE sees FY14 Q2 sales down 7% to $310 million, but international sales rise to $72 million
    http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/...territory=asia

Dip in coin consumption sees Gree's earnings tumble
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...ngs_tumble.php

Both articles are from this month. Last quarter was not any better.

This company is in serious trouble, and don't fool yourself or others by thinking "top grossing" titles means their financially fine.

Banned
    Post Count
    For what it is worth, I am glad they didn't push out an event when it wasn't ready, hasn't that been the majority of our complaints? That they pushed out flawed events? I for one am glad that someone said, woahhhh...this isn't ready and instead of forcing an event that could have bled us of energy and gold, they smartly said...cancelled.

Yes, I lost about 4000 energy waiting on the event so I could have full energy at the start, I could have used it to continue on the boss LTQ. But, it is what it is...

Post Count
    Thanks for taking the time to type all that out. Believe me, I do realize that gross revenue is not even the most significant factor in viability. I also am somewhat familiar with the history, issues with the original Gree titles and the Funzio acquisition.

The reason my post looks inadequate is because it's out of context as an OP. It was actually in response to a thread that got locked and then deleted, and all I did was copy and paste my response to the bottom of my OP about locking all the threads. The original post to which I was responding suggested that Gree would be out of business in 3 days to 1 week. In that context the observations are adequate because they certainly have revenue enough to maintain operations for quite some time beyond that, and certainly there is enough to work with for some skilled management to turn things into good net profits over time if they don't completely blow it. Personally, my own opinion is that Gree is not going anywhere anytime soon, and that they will make these popular titles profitable over time.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    What you say about their top grossing apps is correct. But your analysis of the company's financial health is very incomplete.

1. They have consistent revenue and profit decreases YTD quarters. Forget about increasing or accelerating rates of growth, they're declining. Really bad for any company, I mean really, really bad.

2. Yes, they have top grossing apps. But guess what, these are mostly Funzio titles. Which they paid +$200 mil for over a year ago. They're close to making a profit on these titles (MW, CC, KA, etc). but haven't.

3. They're Asian titles are bleeding them money. They are losing growth in this market and its their biggest.

4. They're North American / European revenues and profits are rising, these are from mostly their Funzio titles (MW, CC, KA, etc.). Notice the massive gold events in the past few months? Its to dampen their hemorrhaging declines in Asia. They're bleeding their North American / European customers to try to help short term balance sheets.

5. Please view recent financial quarterly reports:

GREE sees FY14 Q2 sales down 7% to $310 million, but international sales rise to $72 million
    http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/...territory=asia

Dip in coin consumption sees Gree's earnings tumble
    http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...ngs_tumble.php

Both articles are from this month. Last quarter was not any better.

This company is in serious trouble, and don't fool yourself or others by thinking "top grossing" titles means their financially fine.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Banned
    Post Count
    I have retired due to the frustrations n imbalance caused by the game.
    What I can't take it is the endless problems n glitches which keeps escalating but not solved. Instead event after event has been poured out n overlapping in an attempt to squeeze more profit.
    However the root problems n stability of each event isn't tested enough to ensure a seamless gaming experience. With the $ I spent, I find it unacceptable. The problems highlighted by players are always ignored or shelved.
    No, it's not the moderators fault.
    When the technical team doesn't have the capability or readiness to cope then please strengthen in that area instead of testing us players with the strings of problems.
    Good luck to all still playing. It was a great game that got worse overtime...

Post Count

Stop flaming the moderators.

Hi Guys,

Just my 2 cents of thought.

Since i was on the LTQ because GREE was so kind to change the drop rate i am happy they skipped the 24hr LTQ. There is one still running so no need for an other one.

The new LTQ had minimum requirements that where "hard" to get for some players as we all have seen in complains about "Axis of Evil". So now they put that intel out upfront (before you could begin) and again there came the complains.

I used this forum to its extend since it was available. I have been playing the game for more than 2 years and i have used my share of gold and i still do when i see fit for it. This forum has all the intel you want. And i must say. Sometimes finding out how an event works or to make your own walkthrough is what gives me part of the fun playing with a bunch of friends. I never complain about it on the forum.

I have played games like Guild Wars, World of WarCraft, League of Legends, GTA, etc. They all have flaws altho they do not change all the time. They have a year or sometimes more to completely fix a version before they come up with a new version. Modern War is changing all the time. I read the complains about glitches, bugs, etc..

Man! Remember GREE is launching a new version every 3 weeks there are no companies i know that can do that flawless!
    Of course i am annoyed when there is a bug that keeps me from finishing or continueing. But on the other hand there are those that gave me a price i wouldn't have aquired if it wasn't for the bug. So i personaly think it levels out.

The secret about having fun is not spending to much time on things you can't get or do, but focus on the things you can. I am with a bunch of "crazy" friends i found while playing the game.

If have used gold for all kind of thing in the early days. there where crate events, Bosses, etc..
    You would laugh about the prices i got for using that gold. If i would use it today the price would be like 1000 x that of the old days.
    But hey i don't care. Of course i want those prices, but i still manage to have fun like 2 years ago.
    The thing about that is i do it in a complete different way then i did in the early days.

Back to the forum and the flaming.
    I work for a company that does 300-450 changes every week. And we are good at it because we are on a rate of 0.38 prio 1 incidents a week. But as you can see we do get them. My crew is working around the clock to make sure everything is going well. This is a job that makes a difference. If you're just not focused for a minute we're toast. But we like what we do. The technics used today are so complex that i know none than can see all consequences and so work flawless.

If someone wants express that he/she is upset, thats fine with me.
    But stay away from the people that help is on this forum. They do not deserve that kind of talk!
    And if you don't do it for them, then do it for people like me.
    These days i can hardly find good intel, storys, etc..
    Everything is about complaining. I don't get that?

I have been on the brink of quiting the game several times.
    Two things kept me going. (Re-)evaluate how you're playing atm and what you like/dislike.
    And then the most important step. Rearrange your goals and activity to get them on the positive track again.

Have fun and Good Luck to you all!