Closing threads - Gree not closing doors.

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Closing threads - Gree not closing doors.

Post Count

Closing threads - Gree not closing doors.

Ok, guys, seriously, back off the "close thread" button a touch! People are frustrated, and rightly so... let them vent. It's healthy, even if it's uncomfortable for you. I know you're in a tough spot with all the problems lately, but the problems with the game are very real, and they are upsetting and discouraging the snot out of your customers!! If you don't let them vent and communicate back with some substance, they really will go away, and that's allot worse than tolerating a few venting complaints.

As I was saying in the latest closed thread regarding how long till Gree closes shop...

Still not gonna happen. They have at least 3 games in the top 50 highest grossing apps on iOS today (that's most money, not most downloads, for those who get confused by the word "grossing"), and War of Nations is #51 today. Knights and Dragons topped $5M in 30-day revenue as of Dec 17th, and it's only ranked 88th in top grossing on iOS, so figure it out. That's allot of revenue flowing in - no need to shut down a thing.

Plus they're hiring.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

A quick looks around the forums will show that we're not closing threads for venting/complaining.

What isn't okay is verbal attacks directed directly at the moderators (which was half of the last thread that got closed, before those were deleted), swearing up a crapstorm, or starting new threads with a two-sentence post that says literally nothing other than "you guys are incompetent".

EDIT: Seriously, if people need to vent they need to vent, but it needs to have content more than "you suck" or that is all the threads turn into because everyone sees that as the baseline of discourse.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    A quick looks around the forums will show that we're not closing threads for venting/complaining.

What isn't okay is verbal attacks directed directly at the moderators, swearing up a crapstorm, or starting new threads with a two-sentence post that says literally nothing other than "you guys are incompetent".

well then stop being so incompetent

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    The problem is CJ that we want to be informed!... But not when the event is suppose to be starting.... Why can't u guys at least inform us a few hrs prior to the event staring? This is what gets everyone angry.....

Lurker
    Post Count

Feedback

You guys are ok with me CJ, most of us appreciate you're all trying your best.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballbp9 View Post
    well then stop being so incompetent
    Brian, you're on your third banned account. Stop posting on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by erickd271 View Post
    The problem is CJ that we want to be informed!... But not when the event is suppose to be starting.... Why can't u guys at least inform us a few hrs prior to the event staring? This is what gets everyone angry.....
    This is valid, but if we have to cancel something last minute for technical reasons, we have to do that. If we had known earlier that it was necessary, we would have put the post up earlier for sure.

Post Count

What isn't okay is verbal attacks directed directly at the moderators (which was half of the last thread that got closed, before those were deleted), swearing up a crapstorm, or starting new threads with a two-sentence post that says literally nothing other than "you guys are incompetent".

EDIT: Seriously, if people need to vent they need to vent, but it needs to have content more than "you suck" or that is all the threads turn into because everyone sees that as the baseline of discourse.
    I understand the frustrations for you as mods since you're mostly just the people in between, but you must understand the customers frustrations as well. And in your closing post to the cancelled 24h ltq you're practically telling people to suck it up (whether you like it or not) or else expect the banhammer. Not really the way to communicate to your customers. Speaking of communication, is there any chance in any mod will ever respond to the 2 year ani thread again, since the nominees still have not seen anything, and up until this point are being ignored and is being pretended that Nothing ever happened..
    Last edited by Kimm; 02-21-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    We all have addictions.. I just have 298 of them..

Quote Originally Posted by Kimm View Post
    I understand the frustrations for you as mods since you're mostly just the people in between, but you must understand the customers frustrations as well. And in your closing post to the cancelled 24h ltq you're practically telling people to suck it up (whether you like it or not) or else expect the banhammer.
    I'm telling people not to flame the mods, there's no discussion on whether that is okay or not. I understand that tempers can flare but people need to respect that baseline of behavior.

Also, there isn't much we can do about the actual event. I understand peoples' frustration with last minute changes, but this wasn't a weighted choice where feedback could have been taken into account here. We hit some serious snags, that sucks, we had to cancel the event, which also sucks. I agree that it sucks.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count

Well you know whats annoying cj and why i find some of you guys dumb when a major bug or glitch gets shipped of as 'minor' also how can you let majority of the users abuse a glitch then half way fix the glitch and extent the event only thing you did is reward the glitch abusers. How are those things fair thats what i wonder

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I think ppl are ok with the event being canceled things happen, but ppl aren't happy even with the solution you guys came up with for last event, or all the closed tickets and no rewards for the fallout ltq

Post Count
    I'm telling people not to flame the mods, there's no discussion on whether that is okay or not. I understand that tempers can flare but people need to respect that baseline of behavior.

Also, there isn't much we can do about the actual event. I understand peoples' frustration with last minute changes, but this wasn't a weighted choice where feedback could have been taken into account here. We hit some serious snags, that sucks, we had to cancel the event, which also sucks. I agree that it sucks.
    Well at least we agree on that it sucks . Could you please re-read my previous post. I adapted it while you were typing Probably
    We all have addictions.. I just have 298 of them..

Banned
    Post Count
    Here's a thought.
    The old FvF Events seemed to work.
    Why not roll out the old FvF code and hold an impromptu FvF?
    That'll keep people busy and happy.
    People tend to get angry and exhibit meanness when they're not enanged.
    Maybe an FvF could keep them engaged?

Post Count
    Cj any news on when a fix will be out, when collecting money player log out to find some buildings not collected, players are getting raided for this mistake, all my building are out of sync, when ppl are trying hard to save for money upgrades it's hard when we can't collect when we have it all timed for convenient times, any new would be much appreciated

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    It's hard to keep threads positive when the negative out-weighs it soooooo much. There are things on your end CJ, that we don't know about, and won't know about. But to come on here and act as though we have no room to vent about what's been going on with the game just goes to show how out of touch you really are. If you want positive posts, put out a good product. When problems arise with the events, inform us of what's going on sooner than half way through the event. In others words, give us something to be positive about. With the endless screwups event after event lately, you haven't given us much choice.