mods - what does a defense building do?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mods - what does a defense building do?

Articulate Author
    Post Count

mods - what does a defense building do?

is it just defense against robberies? or defense against PVP as well?

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Adds to your mafia defence, so protects from robs and pvp

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    I believe that the old formula, who knows if it still is true or not, was True building defense (see Best of Best Guide) was added 100% for robs and 50% for attacks.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Post Count
    With the way the new rivals list is (hate it)..does it even matter? You're getting robbed no matter what, or so it seems.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Either way, there's a lot of mystery as to how they work. For sure they help protect against robberies & attacks. Whether or not the full value of any given defense building is used, is a bit of an unknown
    No, I'm not who you might think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by krimesity View Post
    can someone paypal me $4,100.00 so I can buy enough in-game cash to get the weapon?

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I believe that the old formula, who knows if it still is true or not, was True building defense (see Best of Best Guide) was added 100% for robs and 50% for attacks.
    but it was pretty broken right? 2 years ago if you went into a hood and saw a bunch of high level defense buildings, you could still rob the pants off of them even though they showed defense triple that of your attack. just wondering if they've actually done anything with these new buildings...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Agreed... would be nice to get a straight answer on exactly how they are factored in.

can someone paypal me $4,100.00 so I can buy enough in-game cash to get the weapon?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTeflonDon View Post
    Either way, there's a lot of mystery as to how they work. For sure they help protect against robberies & attacks. Whether or not the full value of any given defense building is used, is a bit of an unknown
    In theory, yeah.. But with the current rivals list, it means now you'll be robbed by different people. This has been my whole point lately. It isn't possible to fully protect yourself. this part of the game has become quite a mystery..I would get it if i could afford it for the stats and mod because it would help the syn in battle but it seems to be useless in pvp...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by b-w View Post
    In theory, yeah.. But with the current rivals list, it means now you'll be robbed by different people. This has been my whole point lately. It isn't possible to fully protect yourself. this part of the game has become quite a mystery..I would get it if i could afford it for the stats and mod because it would help the syn in battle but it seems to be useless in pvp...
    I totally agree on your main point there. With the new rivals list, putting out a Defense LTB like this is similar to handing someone a broken umbrella during a torrential downpour. "That should help!"

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredfreddy View Post
    but it was pretty broken right? 2 years ago if you went into a hood and saw a bunch of high level defense buildings, you could still rob the pants off of them even though they showed defense triple that of your attack. just wondering if they've actually done anything with these new buildings...
    Yes, that's why I said "True Building Defense"....again, who knows if the old formula is right or if it's displayed defense is the actual defense...But since defense against robberies is so difficult (even before the rivals list change), it's really a moot point.
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Post Count
    long time ago when these questions here were relevant and everyone wanted to know the answer, Crime City Mark and his original crew came out with that true def formula but at the same time said true building def and how it was factored in was classified that where building def is a mystery came to be.

Post Count
    +1 .......

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    Idk how it work. just want to tell you today i lost 7,470,000att vs 5,990,000def
    Join friedly team top250: 849.528.387
    questions? - https://www.groupme.com/join_group/9531669/EpZ5dw

Master of Musings
    Post Count
    I think it started out with full value of buildings used. Players began building forests of towers etc, which made robbery almost impossible so it got changed fairly quick.

I seem to remember in the best of thread there is an explanation that the true value of old defence buildings was the level 1 value, plus 50% of that value for each level above it (with fractions left in rather than being rounded up). The building defence used to count against robs only - remember the days of telling people what their real defence was, lol?
    It was one reason the bodyguard centre, which had a low level 1 value, but could be raised from unbuilt to about level 5 in a couple of hours looked deceptively strong, but was not recommended.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

Prominent Poet
    (noun) lo•ca•tion [loh-key-shuh n] a place of settlement, activity or residence.
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlo-00 View Post
    Idk how it work. just want to tell you today i lost 7,470,000att vs 5,990,000def
    That's possible.
    Proud Leader of CCKkillers
    Join room [cck recruiting] on palringo, and we can talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach139 View Post
    @ CCKalDAY: Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbengie View Post
    thanks CCKallday
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Larry View Post
    I wish I could punch this thread in the face