Upcoming Matching Changes!!! - Page 9

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Matching Changes!!!

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lol we don't splinter to spend less!! I've spent a lot more per war to get are 8 win streaks in a row!!! It's about getting a better prize then top 10-25 with equal spending. If gree don't fix this stupid matching will just join forces and hit top 25 for a lot less gems then wins!

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Ok krayt keep telling yourself that.
    Well for a start no one said all splinters spend more than everyone in the top 10 as you claimed, so there's a lie to start.
    I never said all were strategic, I said 3 was and 3 wasn't, yet you claim I said all was. Another lie.
    I have no feelings towards you except for the feeling you are a troll. I would have to care to have hate towards you and sadly you are not worth any of my feelings or thoughts.
    Basically because it's been proven here that you are nothing more than a hot air blower, you have tried to pull up something from way back. Trying to change things around. Your a joke kid.
    Now run back along to your weak sailor boys and get yourself your 25k and let the big boys talk sense.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I think this was a very good thread started by gree. Not only did they tell us before hand what they were planning to do, they also asked us to give them our opinions about these changes, i e they listen to us and what we think. Therefor I think it's a sad thing when some people hijack the thread and start a personal vendetta. You can do this in another thread.

Steady Scribe
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Holy Hijacked Post !!

We have been getting a mix of match-ups. Most have been very close to our CP range though, so I can't say if it is any better or not. We have had about the same # of unbeatable teams this war as we have in the others.

Post Count
    We had the best matchups since a long time this war. Yes, we met RK and RSK and SB but that's ok, we have targets even if we can not win. We are top 50 so it's fair to met them from time to time. Matching time was ok, most of the time faster than 5 min, longest 10 min. Not a single splinter so far...
    And yes, I like the price for 56 wins
    Last edited by Lord Vyper; 02-25-2014 at 07:09 AM.

GREE Engineering
    Post Count
    I removed most of the flame war.

Glad to see that response is generally positive to the change!

Post Count
    Thanks for removing the flame war, Jerle. Now I will go back and read what is left and actually pertinent.

All your manor are belong to us.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Hey Lys, is this the DW way? Nice to know every guild has one of these guys as long as you can pay the war gem fund and score the required CP, I guess your allowed to stay and be a spiteful member.

Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    More like this whole thread seems to be centered around splinters complaining, while everyone else appears to be happy with the changes. As for the 50 wins, being part of a Top 10 guild it was nigh impossible until last war due to meeting RK/SB/FUN too many times, or wasting a lot of time avoiding them. Got 50 wins last war, currently 40-4 this war. So, that point is moot.

Also, I'm an *******, so I'm taking particular delight in rubbing salt in the splinter's wounds. Gotta work for those streaks now, instead of getting them simply by sitting back as people learn that they can't touch a member of a splinter.

Lurker
    Post Count

Thumbs up long matching time

No comments on reasonable of matching, given the fact that we're matched to the guild GG's defensive matches 2/3 our total attack, only the matching time is killing the fights. We did back to back declare as last war, but last war we were able to have 69 battles, this time barely got 59, which leaves little margin for 50 wins. Thanks GREE, you did fabulous job so far to convince many stop spending on this game!
    Last edited by saimer; 02-24-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    Glad to see that response is generally positive to the change!
    Great match ups.
    While it sucks facing RK three times it comes with the territory.
    Funny then is we never got really weak teams compared to us until the end

Post Count
    Nope, I'm just an a-hole to annoying, inssufferable whiners on the forum. That statement wasn't even meant for a generalization, just to one or two people who were coming off as if it was their god-given right to be in a splinter and get matchups that they could just sit back and win. After some poor experience with splinters some wars ago, it's also nice to see the balance shifting back to where the 'average' guild stands a better chance at pairings for once, and splinters have to work a pinch more to get the same with their tight-knit groups rather than gain wins off of defense only.

As for the main topic of this thread, the matchup changes, it's been mostly positive comments about them. Ended up going 60-6, didn't have to really waste hours of hours waiting on TOP 3 to be matched, and had a blast once more. Excellent work, Jerle, it sounds like the only issue is that some reported long matchup times. Hopefully y'all can tweak that and keep improving on this formula, because it definitely works.

Quote Originally Posted by goowokji View Post
    Hey Lys, is this the DW way? Nice to know every guild has one of these guys as long as you can pay the war gem fund and score the required CP, I guess your allowed to stay and be a spiteful member.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I think we waited ten minutes or just under.
    So cutting that some but the rest the same would be good

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    Nope, I'm just an a-hole
    Summarized to remove all of the bs. The subject was declare times being unfair and how ridiculous it was to take away 25% of the war from people who pay the same as anyone else and expect the product everyone else is getting.

Jerle, you guys at gree have made your point. You don't like small guilds. Don't bother trying to win streaks because the prize at the end will be irrelevant and we will code it so that you can't complete that many wars to begin with. Go and join a guild where you don't have to contribute as much time wise or money wise and all will be right with you.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    DW does not force donations or cp contribution. We do allow members freedom of speech.

You must be confusing us with SB lmao

Quote Originally Posted by goowokji View Post

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    And the new matching is much better for all including the many hard working splinters who still achieved the streak