Upcoming Matching Changes!!! - Page 8

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Matching Changes!!!

Post Count
    wah wah wah?

So you've got longer wait times and are facing other splinters instead of guilds you can roll over without attacking? Cry me a river, kid.

Also, you know what I like to do when our 'normal' structured guild meets a splinter? I like to see us out-gem them and utterly CRUSH their hopes at getting a 56 win streak. I relish in their misery and anguish as they stand there, looking at their shattered hopes, dreams, and all that wasted cash. I ENJOY it.

Pray our guilds never meet, as I will take particular love in destroying your splinter's chance.

Quote Originally Posted by marko101 View Post
    Splinter guilds arnt real??? That's a strange concept!! From what I know they spend more then top 50 guilds do but thanks too gree they won't much longer
    Last edited by Lys; 02-23-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Wow you don't sound at all sore!!! I'm guessing you've neaver even made 50 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lys View Post
    wah wah wah?

So you've got longer wait times and are facing other splinters instead of guilds you can roll over without attacking? Cry me a river, kid.

Also, you know what I like to do when our 'normal' structured guild meets a splinter? I like to see us out-gem them and utterly CRUSH their hopes at getting a 56 win streak. I relish in their misery and anguish as they stand there, looking at their shattered hopes, dreams, and all that wasted cash. I ENJOY it.

Pray our guilds never meet, as I will take particular love in destroying your splinter's chance.

The new matching system seems to be working. hopefully it will stay that way.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Okay Lys........

Post Count
    More like this whole thread seems to be centered around splinters complaining, while everyone else appears to be happy with the changes. As for the 50 wins, being part of a Top 10 guild it was nigh impossible until last war due to meeting RK/SB/FUN too many times, or wasting a lot of time avoiding them. Got 50 wins last war, currently 40-4 this war. So, that point is moot.

Also, I'm an *******, so I'm taking particular delight in rubbing salt in the splinter's wounds. Gotta work for those streaks now, instead of getting them simply by sitting back as people learn that they can't touch a member of a splinter.

Quote Originally Posted by marko101 View Post
    Wow you don't sound at all sore!!! I'm guessing you've neaver even made 50 wins.
    KA - Lys - ID 176-137-752

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    They always have to work for them. They aren't asking for easy matchups where people roll over, they are just asking for matchups. They are fine with being matched against other splinters and high ranked teams, as long as they aren't waiting 15-20 minutes every single time. Most good splinter teams will outspend people in the top10 each war. Be careful what you wish for, because when the splinters join together for what you class as a normal guild it's people like you who will be getting pushed out of the top10.

Post Count
    People in my guild are claiming they are getting more CPs when they face someone closer in level to them as opposed to the highest level they can beat. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Post Count
    Also other than the first day where we were facing Top 25s being a Top 200 from Saturday on all the matchups have been even. We don't blow people out and it's come down to the wire each War. Love the new algorithm where we actually have a shot at winning each time. Haven't had a matchup where no one could even touch their weakest member since Friday. Thanks GREE!

Consistent Contributor LordIndy's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that this war it seems that allys count for more than level when it comes to the number of points you receive after attacking ?
    It seems that way to us too. We were talking about it. Unfortunately, I've been far too busy to do any actual calculations.
    "You call him Docta Jones!"

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroPimples View Post
    ......Be careful what you wish for, because when the splinters join together for what you class as a normal guild it's people like you who will be getting pushed out of the top10.
    That's what they should now be doing, or should have done already. They have chosen the easiest path.

They wouldn't be in splinters if it was more difficult for them?

If they choose to stay as small splinters then that's their choice, I'm fine with that also, but they now understand that it's not the easy road it once was.

And yes, it was a very easy road and very cheap when its done properly.

Leave a sleeper in the main guild and when the war is done move back and do the GLTQ's together then splinter again for war.

If Gree wanted this they would accommodate it. I don't think they do by what is happening.

If a splinter group has to wait longer for a splinter pairing then that's now the group they are in and they must understand that. If they want quicker pairings then join the masses.

We saw this coming and stopped, knowing it would have to come to an end.

If you think the wait times are long this war for splinters, you might find they are even longer next war when the splinters start to head back into full guilds and your matchings are even fewer. ("be careful what you wish for")

If they take a top 10 position or better then that's great. No one has any issue whatsoever with full teams having a good placing. After all, isn't what war is about.

Well done Gree on a good change to restore what was always intended. While there may have been bumps it will be adjusted over time.
    Last edited by Ysae Kaeps ASU; 02-23-2014 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre
    Godzilla Crosses the Pacific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU
    I'll take a picnic basket and a bottle of good red and join Robespierre and Agent Orange sitting high on Palatine Hill to watch Rome burn

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    We love the new matching system. We have always had a chance in the matches so far. We didn't always win, but never had to just throw up our hands and take a nap.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Now all they need to do is push the points up for a hit on very LLP's and bingo, that will smash splinters completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre
    Godzilla Crosses the Pacific.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysae Kaeps ASU
    I'll take a picnic basket and a bottle of good red and join Robespierre and Agent Orange sitting high on Palatine Hill to watch Rome burn

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    All of our matches have been fair... We managed to go 17-0 so far with mostly very close maches... We had only one rematch.. A friend of mine that split off to go for streaks is having a very tough time this war...
    I love the new system
    Aronius 196 276 618

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    we increased our guild from the low 20's to high 30's and still got a ton of streak guilds...brutal matchups. Hope to never see cupids lullaby ever again...third time this war...

Post Count
    For us there is not much of a change with this new secret sauce. We havent got any splinters at all. Thats the only really change I see. We are almost only getting top 10-75 so every battle is all about who spend the most gems. We havent got a single easy battle this war. So I dont know.. Cant complain much, but we are still not able to manage more than 4 in a row even though we throw in a fair amount of gems in every single battle.
    Victorious Warriors (merged with TheGoodLife 6 times 50 wins)
    Rank 33 in Battle for the Barrens