Epic Boss Rundown - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss Rundown

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    So the lesson for today is. If you find a glitch, keep your mouth shut and exploit it.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I think LTQ got lost in this especially the end of fallout event when this patch started causing all kinds. Of problems including me falling to finish the iltq in fallout the end result lost of ton of gold... Any news on that ?? Are just moving on from that ?

Post Count
    CJ you still need to address to pressing matter that you also introduced new tiers without any notice. What are that all about?

Regarding your "solution", it means that everyone who rushed through the event using gold to exploit your faulty programming are now compensated by getting all the gold back.

Us who gave up because you introduced new tiers and went for the long haul are now the laughing stock among those who exploit your faults. We do not get compensated, and have no chance of getting the event ddone, as you will only reward gold spend from before the "fix"/reset was issued.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all, as most of you noticed, we had some issues crop up with the epic boss last weekend. There were two issues, one was being stuck at level 10 of the boss and the other was the resetting.

For the first one, we extended the event to give everyone extra time. I understand that some people are upset that this particular issue was fixed, as it made things somewhat harder, but the original difficulty was the result of a bug that was causing a number of unintended behaviors and it had to be fixed.

Regarding the resetting, we are currently re-adding a portion of gold spent (if any) to the players who saw that issue. We apologize for the time it took to address this.

Thank you for your patience while this was being worked on. I'd ask that people please keep comments regarding the epic boss event in this thread rather than starting new ones. Thank you.

Post Count
    That's not a half bad idea, although I think at this point (and at the point we could have) it is late enough that it would compound the existing anger ("first you fixed the glitch, then you gave out a thing without announcing it", "I wouldn't have done the 200 level 10 bosses if I'd known", etc.).

Also, I'd argue that as frustrating as this one was, the resetting was as big of an issue because people were basically throwing gold down a well with a questionable bottom. That is not a good situation.
    I can think of a few LTQs that I'd like to see bonus units for doing them fairly. Actually, I'd much rather see final units/wrappers taken away from those who didn't use gold. At least everyone had the opportunity for the L10 health here. Those who worked harder than others got it… That's much better than I can say for those who exploit(ed) LTQ.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Hey all, as most of you noticed, we had some issues crop up with the epic boss last weekend. There were two issues, one was being stuck at level 10 of the boss and the other was the resetting.

For the first one, we extended the event to give everyone extra time. I understand that some people are upset that this particular issue was fixed, as it made things somewhat harder, but the original difficulty was the result of a bug that was causing a number of unintended behaviors and it had to be fixed.

Regarding the resetting, we are currently re-adding a portion of gold spent (if any) to the players who saw that issue. We apologize for the time it took to address this.

Thank you for your patience while this was being worked on. I'd ask that people please keep comments regarding the epic boss event in this thread rather than starting new ones. Thank you.
    CJ - are you sure you guys don't want to reconsider this fix? I'm not speaking for myself anymore, as it looks like I'm on track to finish 200 bosses... And thank you for planning on reimbursing some of my gold (when can I expect that?).

The reset was a disaster for some. I have been around for a bit and knew from past experiences that the extra time was probably going to be the best we could hope for. Other, newer players I know thought you guys might actually make up for the reset and restore their boss kills or give them the unit. These players are now screwed, as there is now not enough time left for them to build back to 200 from scratch. I know one that was reset 3 times. I just finished speaking to another who's bosses froze at 56/80.
    What can be done for these people?

For those of us who are willing to spend, the unit is more important to us than the gold.
    I do not agree that gifting the unit to those who have truly suffered will cause more unrest.
    The community was split on the fairness of you guys fixing the glitch and some people not being able to act quickly enough to exploit it.
    The community (trolls exluded) overwhelmingly agreed that the reset was not fair.

Don't you think something more should be done for those folks?

CJ - with all do respect, your proposed solution doesn't solve the biggest issue here. You have effectively created 3 different events, 4 if you include lvl 300 players, each having a vastly different difficulty factor and outcomes:
    1) the player who completed 200 lvl 10 bosses.
    2) the player who completed (x) lvl 10 bosses and didn't have his kills reset.
    3) the player who had his kills reset.

In each case, each player could have played the game the same way and all achieved a different outcome. What each is trying for is obviously the unit. Competive players want to have the tools to compete and should each be able to obtain them in the same manner. The solution here is not giving back some gold... You need to get that unit to out to people. Maybe you can lower the kill count or give a lesser unit with the same boost or give the kills back to those who had them reset...

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I like know the same too

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Aks View Post
    Appreciate you communicate for boss event.. BUT..

Where is the communication or thread for Fallout LTQ.. As this whole thing started from that..
    Also the hits on current LTQ get disappeared if you dont complete the whole target with required hits..

Players wasted tons of gold to get that last unit.. And still no communication about that..
    this what a lot people like know

Post Count
    Well the post I was going to post this on got closed (I mean, literally as I was writing on it), so I will put it here....

I think its quite telling actually. The forum has changed a lot since I first got started up around the Brazil war. Around that time, it was a source of information. Since that time, it has slowly but surely changed. It is still a good source of information, don't get me wrong, but posts revolving around discord with GREE have increased exponentially. Also, the amount of closed threads has increased exponentially as well. Even the closing of threads has changed. Not too long ago, reasons would be given as to the closing of threads. Now, they just get closed without explanation.

Basically, it gets summed up as: Discord on the forums has grown and continues to grow as GREE continues to quickly push through buggy events, make questionable decisions as to how to handle said bugs, and just seem to make decisions based solely on how much gold/revenue they can pump out of the consumers. Until we, the consumers, decide to limit said revenue, the status quo will remain and all the forum complaining in the world will not change that. Only the power of the almighty dollar.
    Last edited by Roscoe782; 02-20-2014 at 06:50 PM.
    MW Name: Bigus
    "I have a wife, you know. You know what she's called? She's called... 'Incontinentia'... Incontinentia Buttocks"

Alpha NPI Legacy

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    okay,

1. We have two kids in our family that never had the counter show up at all. Level 30 and Level 24 to this day of event they have no counter for event. So they have been killing and haven't gotten a single kill prize other than loot prize.

2. How do you justify taking a level 229 player from 63 kills to 10 kills with no explanation and I have had to battle back to 58 kills. We aren't the programmers....how do we know what a glitch is or not.....they seem to happen so often...we don't really know what to expect....

3. So everyone that you took kills from...you didn't take xp points from

4. The solution so far is to only give gold back to the folks that spent gold? Who is that fair for the people that spent time?
    5. Everyone that went full tilt gets to stay and the ones that were confused and didn't know what to do and sent tickets right away are just out of luck

you really have done nothing to help the majority of the the folks impacted that sent a ticket. They are going to go away dissatisfied again and will ultimately only take so much. CJ .....you guys really need to take a lesson from Nordstrom and their return policy (They openly say, "If you bought it, tried it, and decided you didn't like it, bring it back in) Make this right for everyone....fix your customer service issues wait and watch folks come back and spend more. What do you have to lose. Is what you are doing really working? I have tickets that are unanswered i have pmed you about after you about trying to get a resolution to...still no answer. This event was a nuclear meltdown and needs to be fixed better than what you have done....something greater than what we expect for once would be nice.

the fly fisher
    Health Regen 35%
    infantry attack 35%
    infantry defense 35%
    Ground attack 35%
    Ground Defense 35%
    Air Attack 35%
    Air Defense 35%
    Sea Attack 35%
    Sea Defense 35%
    Building Defense 35%
    Building Output 35%
    Guild member increases + 40

The Fisher Clan (a private invite only faction for families)

My Id 649 796 085
    My id 716 502 654
    12.8 billion iph
    3.6 bb attack
    6.26 bb defense

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Most stupid ****ty reply i read in a while i know people who used this glitch where the boss got stuck on lvl10 too get the final unit i was working that day so couldnt abuse the glitch so really f u c k ed up and is not a lil bit harder too get 200 epic biss kills its alot harder near impossible with out gold again a absolut proof what kinda idiots run this game for once just do right and fix soemthing in a fair way... alot of people abused the glitch and got the final unit easy and this is your reply very weak

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Well at least this is somewhat of an answer, the boss kill reset needs a far better explanation and fix for the affected players. As for the whiners about rewarding players who finished fast, please every single player was getting kills in that time and if you weren't that's your own fault. During the wraith Goliath glitch players got rewarded for that, if it's grees fault why punish the players.

Post Count
    I feel your pain guys. I have one LLP with 235 boss kills, got the splash screen for the bonus unit but show L176 after the reset. Have sent in tickets though.
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Banned
    Post Count
    There is no fix that woud satisfy everyone. I'm not Gree's spokesperson, and not their champion. Let's say what if Gree decided to give EVERYONE ALL the prizes, (all 3 major trinkets) would that appease every player?Plus, return one half of the gold spent by those using gold. Would that be enough to please everyone? I don't think there is a solution to this issue.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by I C STUFF View Post
    There is no fix that woud satisfy everyone. I'm not Gree's spokesperson, and not their champion. Let's say what if Gree decided to give EVERYONE ALL the prizes, (all 3 major trinkets) would that appease every player?Plus, return one half of the gold spent by those using gold. Would that be enough to please everyone? I don't think there is a solution to this issue.
    Getting all three doesn't sound like a bad idea.
    MW Name: Bigus
    "I have a wife, you know. You know what she's called? She's called... 'Incontinentia'... Incontinentia Buttocks"

Alpha NPI Legacy