Epic Boss Rundown

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Boss Rundown

Epic Boss Rundown

Hey all, as most of you noticed, we had some issues crop up with the epic boss last weekend. There were two issues, one was being stuck at level 10 of the boss and the other was the resetting.

For the first one, we extended the event to give everyone extra time. I understand that some people are upset that this particular issue was fixed, as it made things somewhat harder, but the original difficulty was the result of a bug that was causing a number of unintended behaviors and it had to be fixed.

Regarding the resetting, we are currently re-adding a portion of gold spent (if any) to the players who saw that issue. We apologize for the time it took to address this.

Thank you for your patience while this was being worked on. I'd ask that people please keep comments regarding the epic boss event in this thread rather than starting new ones. Thank you.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Thanks CJ.. Atleast replying and acknowledging.. But i think alot needs to be done to make up for these last 2 events..

How would you reimburse gold to players.. As i m sure there will be alot including me who worked through this painful Boss event..

More communication is required., as this has made things worse..

Post Count
    Well....Not sure its the best approach but at least its an update.

The biggest issue is those that have beat 200 lvl 10 bosses vs. those that have to defeat lvl 200 bosses (and all the 189 more difficult bosses)

Also what on earth is going on with those at lvl 300???

What about an alternative where you provide a bonus unit for those that defeat boss 200?
    VFF Legends

Lurker
    Post Count
    Cant even get in the game to kill bosses so thanks.....

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    This is the final response?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey all, as most of you noticed, we had some issues crop up with the epic boss last weekend. There were two issues, one was being stuck at level 10 of the boss and the other was the resetting.

For the first one, we extended the event to give everyone extra time. I understand that some people are upset that this particular issue was fixed, as it made things somewhat harder, but the original difficulty was the result of a bug that was causing a number of unintended behaviors and it had to be fixed.

Regarding the resetting, we are currently re-adding a portion of gold spent (if any) to the players who saw that issue. We apologize for the time it took to address this.

Thank you for your patience while this was being worked on. I'd ask that people please keep comments regarding the epic boss event in this thread rather than starting new ones. Thank you.
    You need to be clear in what you are saying.

What portion (%) of gold is will be credited back?
    What time period are you looking at for credits?
    Does the credit run through the end of the event or what is the cut off point?
    Do we need to sent tickets in to get the credit?
    When will we get credits?

These Re just basic questions you should answer when you provide info on how Gree is going to fix this issue. Too many vague responses which leads to more questions.

I still don't think this is the right solution or even a solution that addresses all the issues.
    Last edited by 2000y2k; 02-21-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Not sure why this had to take so long to say very little, but besides the point, why does EVERYTHING have to be so vague? 'A portion of gold spent' among other things. Everybody is upset because of the lack of communication, and when we get it it is vague and misleading a majority of the time. Why not just tell everyone that 75% (or whatever) of gold spent will be returned. (even though if their kills were not reset the may not have had to use any at all).

Also, while this at least partially addresses the boss issue, how do we not have an update on the ltq fiasco with hits not counting towards the ending making it impossible for players to finish. This screw-up happened before the boss event and with another ltq event coming up nobody will want to spend on it without assurances that it wont happen again.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    My response why hasn't there been nothing said about the fall out event where the last part of iltq and fltq event was effected by patch

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Thanks, going forward, is it policy now that when an event has a glitch and we take advantage of the glitch to obtain the final unit, we get to keep it no mater what gree do to fix the issue, as this was the case here.

Wouldn't want to do a all nighter on the next glitch only to get the reward taken away.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    First you let the event run for 2 days
    Until programmers returned
    Changing the health was wrong.
    Keeping the health at a 10 would have been the right thing to do.

Good grief, this is frustrating.
    Respond quicker!
    Explain more frequently.
    Exasperating as ever...

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Well....Not sure its the best approach but at least its an update.

The biggest issue is those that have beat 200 lvl 10 bosses vs. those that have to defeat lvl 200 bosses (and all the 189 more difficult bosses)

Also what on earth is going on with those at lvl 300???

What about an alternative where you provide a bonus unit for those that defeat boss 200?
    That's not a half bad idea, although I think at this point (and at the point we could have) it is late enough that it would compound the existing anger ("first you fixed the glitch, then you gave out a thing without announcing it", "I wouldn't have done the 200 level 10 bosses if I'd known", etc.).

Also, I'd argue that as frustrating as this one was, the resetting was as big of an issue because people were basically throwing gold down a well with a questionable bottom. That is not a good situation.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Appreciate you communicate for boss event.. BUT..

Where is the communication or thread for Fallout LTQ.. As this whole thing started from that..
    Also the hits on current LTQ get disappeared if you dont complete the whole target with required hits..

Players wasted tons of gold to get that last unit.. And still no communication about that..

Banned
    Post Count
    That's not a half bad idea, although I think at this point (and at the point we could have) it is late enough that it would compound the existing anger ("first you fixed the glitch, then you gave out a thing without announcing it", "I wouldn't have done the 200 level 10 bosses if I'd known", etc.).

Also, I'd argue that as frustrating as this one was, the resetting was as big of an issue because people were basically throwing gold down a well with a questionable bottom. That is not a good situation.
    Whatever happened to the free gold you guys used to give everyone when gree screwed up at this level ?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Im right there thief!!
    CJ who cares right?
    Slap in the face to us low stats players who need to beat harder bosses and use gold to finish
    If possible of course...thats how u guys are going to make profit on this event .
    Hey someone has to pay the bills!!!!

Post Count

There are many players who could have finished if the kills they achieved were still in their kill count, but now will be unable to finish without spending allot of gold because their kills were taken away from them. In those cases, there is no gold to be re-added, unless you are talking about the gold they now spend going forward to finish the event that they technically have already met the requirements to finish.
    Navy SEALs (Warring Since Brazil): 133-849-473
    Militia SEALs 361-119-847

Join Today: https://groupme.com/join_group/9814509/FAHfEU
    You are not out of the fight!
    Courage - Loyalty - Honor

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    CJ why are the level 300 players being singled out for Epic Boss? I personally feel like the rules to the game changed over night. I have complete each of the prior 100 Boss Kill events in the past. I barely have 40 kills in this event. Very little gold has had an impact but not the impact of the increased health. Raising the kills to 200 has just added to the time to stay relevant in the game as well. It is a bit overwhelming.
    Go Pokes! Code: 955817338
    Bonuses:
    Infantry Def +35% Max
    Ground Def +35% Max
    Air Def +35% Max
    Sea Def +35% Max
    Infantry Atk +35% Max
    Ground Atk +35% Max
    Air Atk +35% Max
    Sea Atk +35% Max
    Building Def +35% Max
    Health Recovery Time -30% Max