New game feature in the works! Take our poll and let us know what you think. - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which would you prefer to see, the names of top factions or fictitious ones?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top factions past and present

54 50.94%
  • Fictitious faction names

52 49.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New game feature in the works! Take our poll and let us know what you think.

Articulate Author
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    I am for the idea of using real faction names as long as that faction's members agree. There is one change that I would like to see.

What if there was a way that Gree could categorize all of the factions out there and split them up into a 3 tier hierarchy. And then use the best faction of each of those 3 tiers. Or choose the best 2 of each tier. The difficulty would come in where Gree would have to choose what the tiers would be based off of. The easiest choice would be to use WD placings.

Lurker
    Post Count
    I don't think it would be a bad idea to use top factions. It's not like we don't know who they are...

Post Count
    I think it should be names of factions that have been around over 9 months and made the top 4000.
    Reward longevity not money spent.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Why not randomly pick 3 factions a month that finished inside the top 1500 in the WD event

Lurker
    Post Count

Can't post

Gemh- can you please tell me why I am unable to post in this forum? Please Pm me. I've sent several requests in and never received a response. Thanks.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    I can see by your post you need to post 10 times before starting your own thread

Post Count
    Im in for the real faction names, however I do agree with some here that it shouldn't be just the top factions. Pick a few per ranking tier, and if its a repeated event, change those names with every new one.
    We all have addictions.. I just have 298 of them..

Lurker
    Post Count

Real or fictitious

I vote for real faction names

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Don't spend more then 15 seconds thinking about this... Just call it Faction 1 Faction 2 ect... and focus on more urgent and useful concerns within the game.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Not that it matters, but using actual players and factions for reference has a habit of becoming obsolete very quickly. Factions split/merge/disintegrate and players retire or become inactive all the time, and the reference becomes meaningless after a while. I think it would be more of a giggle to use Mod or Dev names, or puns on Gree (Gree's Lightning? Sorry). Have some fun with it.

GREE Emergency Medical Hologram GEMH's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TBFalcon View Post
    Gemh- can you please tell me why I am unable to post in this forum? Please Pm me. I've sent several requests in and never received a response. Thanks.
    When you are a new member to the forum, you need to have a certain amount of posts under your belt before you can start your own thread.

Post Count
    Its always fun to see real faction names being included in the game design.
    VFF Legends

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Top factions past and present

GREE Emergency Medical Hologram GEMH's Avatar
    Post Count
    Thanks everyone for your input! The information has been given to the game designers.