Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New alliance war is stupid

So on W22 we are the 2nd ranked alliance and the highest alliance we are fighting is 13 in the 2nd tier of alliances. The combined BP of all the alliances we are fighting barely adds up to half ours. And most of their players cannot be attacked by anyone over lvl 42. Which is most of ours. We would not be fighting any of them in a normal event as they are too low a lvl.

Don't worry we are a 33 ranked alliance in a a league with 1,4,5,6,9 and 13 alliances in very old established world. No chance to compete.

I have gotten multiple pm's from these small alliances members saying how strong I must feel attacking them. I would rather leave them alone. But gree in its infinite wisdom has decided they must face us. What a crock. The changes they made which we had to fight within 5 levels was enough of a change. Fighting these small alliances is rediculous.

I think that the new tiered event still needs improvements. Like, one of the "minion" alliance from a top tier alliance in my world got a higher league than the "father" alliance.

But for myself and my alliance, its working perfectly. I can finally dream the day that im going to get a copper+ recruit. My alliance and our enemy alliances in our league are having alot of fun, we are fighting evenly, with 50's,60's commanders(because its all we have, nothing compared to lvl 90's from top tier alliances), and almost equal results.

Gree lumped in one of our opponent's farming/alt alliances in with our tier. They're ranked #4 (we're #2), and their farming alliance is in the low 20's.. what luck, ey? The other 2 alliances? Virtually unranked, so no one in our alliance can even hit them.

Just make the tiers 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc. All problems solved.

We had team one matched with team five. Team two three and four together. Then a jumble of the rest. Seems very random.

World 1 only one team in champions league lol. Keep on truckin GREE
    WoN: PH-GAMECOCK
    W1- TeamPH oldest and most powerful alliance in the game
    W2- KoNE
    W3- TeamPH

It was great if you were lucky to be in high ranks cuz even if you finished 5th your prize was much better than being in 1st on world 26

Don't forget if this event was just the first round of the new event system. Gree will most likely use the results to better match alliances in the next event. This event is like the first round of any event you can have top alliances fighting bottom ones at random but as the events progress we should see a fine tuning of the tiers.

But the picture is very hard to read from just one event.

And the fact gree gives out little or no feed back does not help.

Greetings Commanders!

While we cannot share the specific details of the tier ranking system, we can confirm that there are several factors that determine which league an Alliance is placed into.

The first Alliance Wars had some issues with this sorting but we will continue to work at refining this game mechanic and future tiered events will have an improved assignment system that will keep leagues more competitive.

a rank 15 alliance in silver on one of my servers.... yet a rank 13 in gold on another.
    factors?
    it is a great event reward wise, but target wise its plain silly.

it was stupid
    W7 the top alliance had 1 other and that's it real fun Gronk

Grok,
    This was by far the least competitive event I have ever seen since I played modern war and our alliance for put up against a top 5 alliance when we were top 750. Was a joke, but at least that was only 1 hour in a 3 day event. One of the reason I quit MW as this was more of an open fight. You are changing it to become like your other games which makes me want to quit this one. And I have been in a top alliance on both W7 and now W22.

Quote Originally Posted by duntont View Post
    Don't worry we are a 33 ranked alliance in a a league with 1,4,5,6,9 and 13 alliances in very old established world. No chance to compete.
    Since you're a 33rd ranked alliance, how many junior commanders did you win this event? Exactly...

suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Greetings Commanders!

While we cannot share the specific details of the tier ranking system, we can confirm that there are several factors that determine which league an Alliance is placed into.

The first Alliance Wars had some issues with this sorting but we will continue to work at refining this game mechanic and future tiered events will have an improved assignment system that will keep leagues more competitive.
    Grok--didn't get a response to my posting in response to the announcement of the new tiered alliance war system...maybe you'll get this instead.

I'm a player in World 15 with over 6.5Billion BP in a top alliance, so this isn't coming from someone new to the game.

First--I think it's a great idea to group alliances in tiers...but I would suggest that you make it more competitive. I couldn't hit anyone in my group due to my level being too high--currently Level 49. Sounds like you are working on it.

I would also suggest you look hard at the reward system. Since I am making the assumption that (1) you want to keep the worlds active and competitive and (2) you're running a business and you want players to spend money--how about making the rewards the same for each tier?

What incentive does a player in a 40th place ranked alliance have to buy teleports, or ripsaw/shield boosts when the players they will port on have CDRs much more powerful than what they currently have? Answer--zero...they will lose whenever they do. So, they will continue to spend little to no money on their accounts and will eventually fade away as they lose interest and quit. Nobody wants this.

What is wrong with giving lower ranked alliances/players a handful of personal boosts and a single Platinum CDR? Over the long term, this will add up...but only if they stick around and continue to play. One of Gree's primary goals I assume?

I--and the other top players in World 15--want to see our world remain active and fun. We want to see new players enter the world and have a chance to compete. We want to see less inactive/destroyed bases on the perimeter and more full alliances. The idea is to give additional incentives to lower ranked players to stick around. Currently, only the most stubborn-tenacious-and tough players willing to spend big money would have a chance in established worlds. Those are few and far between.

From what I've seen over the last several months, Gree's answer to keeping things interesting seems primarily to be opening new worlds. Might be a good short term fix, but long term you will lose other worlds to inactivity and they will stagnate and die...leaving those of us with strong accounts in those worlds with little option but to quit. I've spent too much time and effort to start over at this point.

So, another idea we have is to possibly merge existing worlds? This would essentially double the map size, plus maybe add some new super bases in the middle of the merged mega-worlds to spice things up, and let alliances fight in a new world against new enemies.

Guarantee you would see a spike in activity (spending) from both of those worlds alliances.

Lastly--some of the other top players in other worlds and I have been talking and we would welcome the opportunity to express these and other ideas we have to someone at Gree who is willing to talk. We are not a bunch of immature kids, and would offer the company some unique insights from an end-user/customer perspective. I think all of our goals are essentially the same, to keep this game progressing--active--and fun for everyone, including new players.

Hope to hear back from someone at Gree.

HardCorps_DP
    World 15
    Dark Pirates
    Colonel
    Last edited by HardCorps_DP; 02-25-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar mistakes