Why fix Epic Boss damage but NOT fix Raid Boss?

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why fix Epic Boss damage but NOT fix Raid Boss?

Post Count

Why fix Epic Boss damage but NOT fix Raid Boss?

Gree, just wondering the reasoning behind making this Raid Boss about 3x as much health, but NOT correcting our attack to include our boosts. Our attack was FINALLY corrected to include boosts the last Epic Boss giving a lot of us high hopes the same would occur for the Raid Boss. Is this on purpose that it is not corrected and yet the health trebled? If so, why? Are you trying to make the game so that almost no one can succeed and therefore turn away from the game?

Not to mention that the legendary rewards are a tiny fraction of what the were the last RB. Half my guild has already announced this is the last Gree event of any kind for them.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 02-10-2014 at 03:51 PM.

All your manor are belong to us.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Not to mention attacks on RB are lower then unboosted stats 😡😡😡😡😡

Post Count
    This is just awful. We have all waited since 2 war cycles ago with bated breath for this Raid Boss. It was the ONLY thing in the game a lot of people look forward to any more. Now it sucks.

ETA: What is REALLY baffling is this: TONS of people were ready to buy and spend multiple mountains of gems on farming level 100s for legendary prizes. Now the vast majority will not spend ANY money on what is 3x as hard to get and 1/11th the value. HOW is this in Gree's best interest?
    Last edited by Zenobia; 02-10-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Sure does. Just like every other event gree doesn't get it right and will probably tweak it half way through the event and piss a lot of people off as usual

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    It's just such a huge over correction it doesn't make sense. I don't disagree the last one was too high a reward for random units yet now it's not worth doing at all. Seriously missed chance to sell us gems.
    Cutting them back even 50% might have been ok (dissapointing but still not bad)
    This is very deflating.

Post Count
    Japan has spoken...took that long to get the message at HQ LA
    ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbAdiQYILSE The Crusaders www.thecrusaders.info Slade - Crusaders Officer

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    if you play MW, the writing was on the wall when they had their raid boss event...the stats were marginal compared to KA. Gree had to bring those back in line with the rest of their platforms.

For those who were able to farm 100's for legendary units...congrats.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    ETA: What is REALLY baffling is this: TONS of people were ready to buy and spend multiple mountains of gems on farming level 100s for legendary prizes. Now the vast majority will not spend ANY money on what is 3x as hard to get and 1/11th the value. HOW is this in Gree's best interest?[/QUOTE]

I think you will find that they know that most everyone already bought their mountains during the last sale. And they are laughing all the way to the bank!

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    ETA: What is REALLY baffling is this: TONS of people were ready to buy and spend multiple mountains of gems on farming level 100s for legendary prizes. Now the vast majority will not spend ANY money on what is 3x as hard to get and 1/11th the value. HOW is this in Gree's best interest?
    I think you will find that they know that most everyone already bought their mountains during the last sale. And they are laughing all the way to the bank![/QUOTE]

they should learn that from the 1st RB, it has changed rather dramatically. lol
    Hi guys

Consistent Contributor LordIndy's Avatar
    Post Count
    The damage is definitely nerfed CJ. You are still getting bad data.
    "You call him Docta Jones!"

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Making this 2.5/3x harder just helps to kill the game. Yes the Top teams might spend more for now, but it will make so many others pack up and leave. I have noticed recently that during the wars to get into Top1250 is almost a one man team, one day task, which suggests there are probably less than 1000 real teams still playing, the more Gree does things like this the less this will get, until too many leave and there is no one playing.

Yes I see it should be harder each time, as all our stats grow, but by 15% maybe not 275% - sort it out Gree before its too late!

Post Count
    As stated in several threads several times, Gree has been shown repeatedly to cater to it's bigger spenders. The ironic thing is that they managed to even outshoot them. Raising the bar is one thing, but they outshot even the 1% on this? I in no way expected the event to be remotely easy for myself, being relatively low on the totem pole, but to read so many posts from big spenders as well messages on the various chat apps that so many of them are frustrated and either sitting this one out or are done altogether is funny to me. Failure doesn't begin to describe the manner in which this was handled. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there aren't people out there who experienced %275 increases to their stats between raid bosses, much less half that. I'd say the VAST majority would be far less than that, if myself being quite happy with an almost 50% increase. Consistently biting the hand that feeds you leaves you starving after a while, just my two cents. Fail doesn't begin to describe this...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TFO Sir Skip View Post
    As stated in several threads several times, Gree has been shown repeatedly to cater to it's bigger spenders. The ironic thing is that they managed to even outshoot them. Raising the bar is one thing, but they outshot even the 1% on this? I in no way expected the event to be remotely easy for myself, being relatively low on the totem pole, but to read so many posts from big spenders as well messages on the various chat apps that so many of them are frustrated and either sitting this one out or are done altogether is funny to me. Failure doesn't begin to describe the manner in which this was handled. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there aren't people out there who experienced %275 increases to their stats between raid bosses, much less half that. I'd say the VAST majority would be far less than that, if myself being quite happy with an almost 50% increase. Consistently biting the hand that feeds you leaves you starving after a while, just my two cents. Fail doesn't begin to describe this...
    My Raid Boss damage, after completing the Epic Boss 100 solo kills plus 7 guild kills, after completing every LTQ including the heroics, after Top 25 & Top 50 finishes, after completing the last Raid Boss Heroic and farming L100s, after 10 boxes + the guild portion this last quest, etc., etc., etc.... Completing basically everything since the last RB except a Top 10 or better finish... all those added up to a +38% increase in my Raid Boss damage, despite my stats going up a lot more than that. And the high-level Raid Boss' health go up +184 to +220%. In what universe does that come even close to making sense? ETA: the question is aimed at Gree, not Sir Skip or anyone else here. In other words, it's basically rhetorical.

Post Count
    Agreed 100%. Point being the changes were so drastic that they even hurt the top players. There would have been gems burnt to no end for units anywhere near the level of those last boss, OR there would've been comparable spending to complete heroic by many, and in a few cases, both. But by changing both parameters, the unit strength and the damage needed, many are seeing no ROI and therefore are just taking free hits to finish the regular and moving on... Seems like quite the wasted opportunity for the milking of the cash cow, something I have yet to see from these guys

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    everyone seems to forget the changes from the 1st raid boss to the 2nd and 3rd to 4th. Remember how hard it was to finish the 4th one? No, probably not as only 4 or 5 guilds did finish it. So how is anyone really surprised by this? This caters to those willing to spend whatever it takes to get an advantage. If you want to finish it then pony up the cash and finish it. All of your whining just reminds me why the US is falling behind other nations. You all think you deserve a trophy for everything you do. No, thats not how it works, you are playing a game that costs money to be the strongest, pony up or shut up. More and more will quit and some day it will die. But this is not because you cant finish this raid boss, it is because you have been able to finish other events so "easily".
    Gree's mistake was making the most important thing in the game boosts that you got by finishing events. This made it vitally important that you finish each event and this lead to the crybaby mentality that we have on this chat board.