Why fix Epic Boss damage but NOT fix Raid Boss? - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why fix Epic Boss damage but NOT fix Raid Boss?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogs Pizza View Post
    everyone seems to forget the changes from the 1st raid boss to the 2nd and 3rd to 4th. Remember how hard it was to finish the 4th one? No, probably not as only 4 or 5 guilds did finish it. So how is anyone really surprised by this? This caters to those willing to spend whatever it takes to get an advantage. If you want to finish it then pony up the cash and finish it. All of your whining just reminds me why the US is falling behind other nations. You all think you deserve a trophy for everything you do. No, thats not how it works, you are playing a game that costs money to be the strongest, pony up or shut up. More and more will quit and some day it will die. But this is not because you cant finish this raid boss, it is because you have been able to finish other events so "easily".
    Gree's mistake was making the most important thing in the game boosts that you got by finishing events. This made it vitally important that you finish each event and this lead to the crybaby mentality that we have on this chat board.
    Only the first was easy, the other raidbosses were way more difficult than the first one, but each one only slightly more difficult than the last. Except for the one where they upped amount of bosses needed and this one, so they have made 3 huge leaps in raidboss difficulty. Not 5.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I did not say they made 5 big jumps. The 1st was easy and finished by many guilds, 2nd was not and led to a fair bit of jumping by gemmers. 3rd was not much harder but had no boost, 4th was very hard and only finished by a few guilds, from the 4th until now it increased in difficulty less than the average increase in stats. As the raid bosse hp to average stat ratio went down they got easier, that led to the last raid boss being relatively easy for the big gemmers and the giant legendary units led to farming of the level 100s. My point is, the increase in difficulty this time is similar to the change from rb 3-4. So why is everyone so surprised? If the reward is not worth the gems to you then don't do it. Stop whining.

Post Count

Thumbs up Now I remember why I don't bother with the forums.

All of your whining just reminds me why the US is falling behind other nations. You all think you deserve a trophy for everything you do.
    Hate America much? That has to be the funniest quote on this forum and has absolutely no relevance but thanks for sharing. Jackass.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubdog View Post
    Hate America much? That has to be the funniest quote on this forum and has absolutely no relevance but thanks for sharing. Jackass.
    as a non american, he does have a point. Yet you are right,in this thread and on these forums it is completely irrelevant.
    Im one of the biggest whiners here, and im no american^^

no one is unraidable.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    No, I am an American. If you want things then work for them, no one (including gree) owe you anything you dont work for. And yea, my comment probably did not really fit on this forum, but it made sense in my head at the time.

Post Count

Cool Dogs

I was off topic also,sorry. As a Gree player for almost 3 years I'm still amazed on how inept these events are rolled out and reconfigured. Does that make me a whiner? No, that makes me a pissed off player and guild leader.

Post Count
    I did not say they made 5 big jumps. The 1st was easy and finished by many guilds, 2nd was not and led to a fair bit of jumping by gemmers. 3rd was not much harder but had no boost, 4th was very hard and only finished by a few guilds, from the 4th until now it increased in difficulty less than the average increase in stats. As the raid bosse hp to average stat ratio went down they got easier, that led to the last raid boss being relatively easy for the big gemmers and the giant legendary units led to farming of the level 100s. My point is, the increase in difficulty this time is similar to the change from rb 3-4. So why is everyone so surprised? If the reward is not worth the gems to you then don't do it. Stop whining.
    Im surprised for good reason, let me tell you why.

We were planning on finishing the heroic event, and if it was the previous raidboss it would cost me around 1,5-2 mountains to do my share 1/56th of the total health. And i was prepared to spend that. Cost analysis now would have me spent around 14,5k gems. This is including 12 free FA's per day which is on the low side, might stretch that to 13-14.

10 mountains. For 1/56th of the raidboss. instead of maximum 2. Now tell me again why i shouldnt be surprised.

no one is unraidable.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    the way events roll out is very annoying, but the most infuriating parts are the way they do not use the beta testers to verify events are set up properly and the way they change events in the middle. No excuse for that.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    @person

the heaviest spenders will leave if everyone gets the same units and boosts that they do. Having events like this gives those willing to drop $500-$1000 on an event a chance to gain an advantage. In a game like this based on money it does make some sense. Total income for gree may go down in the short run but they probably are counting on the heavy spenders being willing to spend more in the future because they can see they are getting an advantage. At least that is what I think their reasoning is.

Post Count
    @person

the heaviest spenders will leave if everyone gets the same units and boosts that they do. Having events like this gives those willing to drop $500-$1000 on an event a chance to gain an advantage. In a game like this based on money it does make some sense. Total income for gree may go down in the short run but they probably are counting on the heavy spenders being willing to spend more in the future because they can see they are getting an advantage. At least that is what I think their reasoning is.
    the thought proces which results in thinking people would willingly spend 500-1000$ for any mobile game still eludes me, but that does sound like Gree logic.

no one is unraidable.

Hey guys, couple of things. First, we've made sure the feedback in this thread is passed to the devs.

Second, in answer to the original question/title of the thread: the Epic Boss change was a result of a code refactor that we did a little while back, where we standardized most of the epic boss behavior across the games. Modern War had the bonuses count, but KA had never gotten that change; after the standardization it did. We probably will change the Raid Boss eventually just because it is admittedly weird that it works one way for one and not the other, but that would be a ways down the line (it's not actually a trivial change).

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Hey guys, couple of things. First, we've made sure the feedback in this thread is passed to the devs.

Second, in answer to the original question/title of the thread: the Epic Boss change was a result of a code refactor that we did a little while back, where we standardized most of the epic boss behavior across the games. Modern War had the bonuses count, but KA had never gotten that change; after the standardization it did. We probably will change the Raid Boss eventually just because it is admittedly weird that it works one way for one and not the other, but that would be a ways down the line (it's not actually a trivial change).
    thanks for the response CJ54 but can u fix the damage dealt to RB?? I'm hitting less this boss then last an I've gained over 1 mill base stats

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    It's amazing CJ54 that increasing HP always works flawlessly but increasing attack damage doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post

RsD
    MoC Member

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    all high stat players pay to get that boost, now they hit as average players that dont spend a dime on the game....
    Kingdom Age

Level >100 IPH: >21K

All forum members are welcome! Requests by pm!

//E

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubdog View Post
    I was off topic also,sorry. As a Gree player for almost 3 years I'm still amazed on how inept these events are rolled out and reconfigured. Does that make me a whiner? No, that makes me a pissed off player and guild leader.
    and yet you are still playing

KA: 630-568-270