GREE, How is the rival list fairly matched - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GREE, How is the rival list fairly matched

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by ivez View Post
    I cant start a new thread but this seems on topic hope its ok...
    I am level 52 with over 1m attack 140 allies but when I look for rivels all I can find is a range of levels from 12 to 18 which really doesnt provide me with the raidings I need. Am I missing something or is this a glitch?
    Ivez
    It's because you're way under the average strength for a person at you're level. So it's the games way of trying to put you up against rivals you can compete against rather than putting you up against people you can't compete with on a regular basis.

Hope this helped.

Post Count
    coining an idea, let's see how many people like it ...

allow people to choose profile-type based on their playing style, different elements like campers, high iph, fighters, etc. for example, some people like to camp and/or work on their economy. they should be able to choose either "builders" or if they like to fight, "fighters".

builders should have a rivals list based on their IPH.
    fighters should have a rivals list based on their attack/defense score.

and, the level should have some importance in the whole rival-matching system. the rivals list should show -10 to +10 levels at the max. for example, if my level is 230, the rival list should show rivals from level 220 to 240.

workable? good/bad idea?

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    I have a secondary account that I started a few months ago that I just use to build IPH, nothing else. Here are my stats:

Level 8
    Att/Def 3.2k
    IPH 25K

Here are the stats of the guy who just attacked me:

Level 45
    Att/Def 540k
    IPH 1.6k

I get hit like this many times a day. How is this even remotely fair that I'm matched up against players almost 40 levels above me with more than 100x my stats, but less than 1/10th my IPH. Makes me think the algorithm weighs att/def and IPH in a similar way so that low-stat high-income players get matched with high-stat low-income players, which is phenomenally stupid, for reasons that should be obvious.

Post Count
    gcfreem, yea that's extreme case. but my rivals list has a mix of ppl with defense from 6 to 15. my attack is 12. can't really complain about anything because i like to see higher level ppl in my rivals list

Post Count
    Preach brother ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post Count
    it looks like im gonna have to remove all mafia till i reach 300 so that nobody around 500 can see me
    [IMG][/IMG]

Leader of REDNECK ASSASSINS - recruiting for top 200wd top 100sa
    349-122-589

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by gcfreem View Post
    Makes me think the algorithm weighs att/def and IPH in a similar way so that low-stat high-income players get matched with high-stat low-income players, which is phenomenally stupid, for reasons that should be obvious.
    I voiced the same suspicion here a while ago as I experience similar problems at a higher level. Most of my rivals are stronger than me (not nearly as extreme as in your case, I can still rob a few of them) and all have significant lower iph.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by reticlover View Post
    it looks like im gonna have to remove all mafia till i reach 300 so that nobody around 500 can see me
    Doesn't work. I have ~250 Mafia & my list is awash with 500s.

It was the same when I had ~150 - just having to max out my allies now to blend in - getting raided all over the place

Consistent Contributor dragon001's Avatar
    Post Count
    Of course Gree(d) hates campers. or even slow levelers. The current management wants to make the newcomers who vainly spend money to be good in the game, instead of playing smart feel better about themselves. From what I have seen of course they are getting rid of the long term gold players with this strategy though. Really and truly pissed off some of my syndicates players who spent significant amounts of real money on the game. They have retired and given away their accounts to other members... who of course will not spend real money on the game. So I don't think gree(d) really realizes how many gold players they have made quit with this taking from the long term players to give to the newbies with inadequate IPH. Some are farting smoke about it being good, but they of course are higher stat newbies with no long view of the game. They did work on the IPH dominance of us longtime players with the LTB's but even then we had the advantage, so now they are making worthless ones. Ehhh. I have in the past spent real money as well but wont happen anymore as the game has changed in a unfun/unfair way.

Prominent Poet
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by x REQUIEM x View Post
    I personally like the new rival list because now I can find people in my league. You clearly need to re-read the fact that relative strength is just ONE of the many factors that play a part of who you get matched up with. The fact that it's showing such "challenging" opponents is the games way of basically telling you that you are relatively weak in your pool of gameplay. So you can either suck it up and get stronger or quit.
    Lol...you clearly don't understand the new rivals list...there is no such thing as "getting stronger"...you just get matched against stronger opponents
    // Lvl: 250 // 488 394 051 // Atk: 9,917k // Def: 9,602k // IpH: $24,290,680
    // Lvl: 147 // 365 655 496 // Atk: 6,954k // Def: 6,790k // IpH: $12,586,132
    // Lvl: 79 // 233 936 800 // Atk: 5,978k // Def: 5,901k // IPH: $1,572,478

As of 1-27-14

Post Count
    gree isn't right in the head. people get irate when they get robbed or attacked and that's when they begin spending real $$$ to get stronger so they can hit back and win robberies/attacks. however, matching rivals as per their attack/defense score just discourages spending. the way the rival list is now, everyone can attack everyone, everyone can rob everyone. there's nobody stronger or weaker. it is good though, no more botheration of spending money

Banned
    Post Count
    this rivals list rules, now i can rob ppl tht have an iph.

and bythe way , gree needs to extend the statt limits so we can see more ppl, wont hurt if i see -5mil or +5mil diff

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Lol...you clearly don't understand the new rivals list...there is no such thing as "getting stronger"...you just get matched against stronger opponents
    That may be the case for you whose a level 250 with sub-par stats but I'm at the top of my pool. The game doesn't randomly create stronger npcs for you to pvp against, sooner or later you'll either become stronger in your pool or lose out to others who gain stats faster either way someone will indeed be getting stronger than the other.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by x REQUIEM x View Post
    That may be the case for you whose a level 250 with sub-par stats but I'm at the top of my pool. The game doesn't randomly create stronger npcs for you to pvp against, sooner or later you'll either become stronger in your pool or lose out to others who gain stats faster either way someone will indeed be getting stronger than the other.
    Hey Freeloader,

For those recruiting for their team or maybe already recruited
    This guy is a total fraude. He was in Bones last war, changed his name from Goodygyrations to Killer and is now using a screenshot of the ip of the actual Killer in Bones.
    He should be in the lvl 55-57 range and will freeload his ass off and won't respond on any messages. On groupme his 'real name' is Mikado Senin.

The kid is like a std... Nobody wants it, but sometimes s hit happends.

Be warned for a guy like him.
    Facta Non Verba

Post Count

Thoughtful Development

Quote Originally Posted by TZora View Post
    gcfreem, yea that's extreme case. but my rivals list has a mix of ppl with defense from 6 to 15. my attack is 12. can't really complain about anything because i like to see higher level ppl in my rivals list
    That's because he crafted a more specialized character than you, he is being penalized for more thoughtfully and patiently working within the system Gree defined.
    Will work for beer and/or Donations NSA 247 433 703 :-)

^^ Really, not one donation... I gave a bum 5 bucks for holding a similar sign :-) ^^