GREE, How is the rival list fairly matched

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GREE, How is the rival list fairly matched

Post Count

GREE, How is the rival list fairly matched

i was revenging through the rival list looking at targets, when i came across one that is 94million attack and 64million defense. several 20million to 40 million attack and defense also. keep in mind i am only 14.6m attack and 12.2mil defense. i dont see how the rival list is fair. my other 4 accounts i only see people with in 2-4 mil abover or below me. you said and i quote.

The rival list will be populated based primarily on relative strength, but also takes level,IPH,mafia size, and a few other factors into account.

i would like for a mod to please go in to further detail of how the rival list works. and with all the polls going on and threads about people not liking the rival list. has gree even considered changing back to the old style or modifying the current one to make customers happy.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Leader of REDNECK ASSASSINS - recruiting for top 200wd top 100sa
    349-122-589

Lurker
    Post Count
    I'd like to see them put it back to the original way this way sucks just sayin

Banned
    Post Count
    I agree. The list needs to return back to the way it was. Once again gree as a whole makes the trashiest move possible, upsets the majority of their customer base and then actively ignores any feedback. Gree we are telling you your change sucks major balls. You need to put it back the way it was. Level based only.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Clarification on the rival list? Novel idea.

Reverting to old rival list. Please.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Not gonna dig it up but there was a CJ54 or A/F post about the factors considered.

The general consensus amongst players is that those with elite stats for their level get ridiculously strong players in rivals list - the best of the best if you will.

My take is that they have a decent idea going but need to fix the algorithm for players in the upper stratosphere of stats.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Post Count
    I personally like the new rival list because now I can find people in my league. You clearly need to re-read the fact that relative strength is just ONE of the many factors that play a part of who you get matched up with. The fact that it's showing such "challenging" opponents is the games way of basically telling you that you are relatively weak in your pool of gameplay. So you can either suck it up and get stronger or quit.

Post Count
    Its definitely good in my opinion.

The downside is that it doesn't matter how much I refresh.
    Its 90% the same ppl day in and out.

Fix it Gree..

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by [INFAMOUS] View Post
    Its definitely good in my opinion.

The downside is that it doesn't matter how much I refresh.
    Its 90% the same ppl day in and out.

Fix it Gree..
    Yes, I agree. ^^^

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    If you couldn't find players in your league than that means you need to level up, especially towards the shark tank. If you want to camp and be super strong for your level then you can't have it both ways without tons of gold.
    BoB Campers
    lvl 250
    IPH 15.4m
    14.7m/14.3m
    541-934-789

Post Count
    omg, spend more money on game and stop bltching...

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Shuttle View Post
    If you couldn't find players in your league than that means you need to level up, especially towards the shark tank. If you want to camp and be super strong for your level then you can't have it both ways without tons of gold.
    Ummmmm who said I wasn't already in the shark tank......

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    Short answer: Probably not happening.
    Long answer: Remember when Facebook/YouTube made big changes to the way their site worked and everyone hated it and then a few months later everyone realized it was a lot better? We're hoping it'll be something like that. We understand that in the short term, the changes are pretty jarring and severely changed the way several players had been playing the game (camping) but we feel that in the long term, PVP will be better off with this new rivals list system and so we're not changing it, though we are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to adjust the algorithms in place.
    "We know you don't like the current system, but we don't give a flying fart what you think. Play the game or leave. "

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by x REQUIEM x View Post
    Ummmmm who said I wasn't already in the shark tank......
    Then I don't see why you couldn't find decent rivals when you were already in the strongest bracket. I can see how you can easily find more though.
    BoB Campers
    lvl 250
    IPH 15.4m
    14.7m/14.3m
    541-934-789

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahat002 View Post
    "We know you don't like the current system, but we don't give a flying fart what you think. Play the game or leave. "
    You clearly did not thoroughly read what the oracle posted. Either that or you just didn't understand it. The logic behind the decision makes sense and complaining about it does nothing.

Post Count

rivels dont match my level

I cant start a new thread but this seems on topic hope its ok...
    I am level 52 with over 1m attack 140 allies but when I look for rivels all I can find is a range of levels from 12 to 18 which really doesnt provide me with the raidings I need. Am I missing something or is this a glitch?
    Ivez
    Last edited by ivez; 02-11-2014 at 01:30 AM.