Gree... Good job with this Epic Boss event

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gree... Good job with this Epic Boss event

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Gree... Good job with this Epic Boss event

I know there have always been a lot of complaining from different people, but this Epic Boss is nearly perfect.

- Increasing in health is reasonable for people who either devote a lot of time/use gold to finish.
    - good syn aspect to get everyone working together
    - good prizes and rare is finally RARE.
    - lowering gold cost for health and making it 10 gold for FULL bar.

**aside from some reporting error earlier on, I am happy to say this is one of my favourite events so far in my 2 years of play**

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I agree. It's a much welcomed improvement. Bravo!

The only thing that still needs work is tier scaling. Tier 1-2s, particularly tier 1, should not be able to complete this event for free with an account they made 3-4 days ago.

As an example, when I joined this game the epic boss was the Irish dude, and I had about 3 days to get my bearings straight (Read: Farm respect from players' laundromats and buy tommy guns...LOL!) and figure out how Crime City worked before the event went live. Fortunately, Google helped. I don't remember his name because I was so new at the time I only knew the mechanics of how the boss worked. But I DO remember how much I enjoyed the event, even though I didn't finish at the time - and its one of the events that keeps me playing this game.

Brand new players around that range really only got to around level 30-35 (out of 50), even setting timers. It was fair, and if I really wanted to complete the event, I could have done so with gold.

Around the time of Heidi/Mayor Turnball it got to where you could create a new account (minis as we affectionately call them), and have it beat the boss with significantly greater ease than our main accounts.

Higher tiers seem to be getting fairer.
    Last edited by GucciMane; 02-09-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Lurker
    Post Count

6-day Epic Boss Goal but with 5 day period?

I think this happened before but am not sure which is correct:-

A&F posted the rewards for beating the boss daily for 6 times (day).

But the individual goal stated to help syndicate complete the Daily Boss goal 5 times.

The timer is stating we have 2 days 18 hours now,,, but this is the 3rd day of the event.

Hence am I correct to day, to win the grand prize "Mcbride's Cruiser", we need to :-

1) beat the boss 100 times as an individual AND
    2) beat the boss for 5 consecutive days as a syndicate

WITHIN THE FIRST 5 days to win the Cruiser?

the 6th day boss goal is only for the "Gold digging hoe"?

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by asterisks View Post
    I think this happened before but am not sure which is correct:-

A&F posted the rewards for beating the boss daily for 6 times (day).

But the individual goal stated to help syndicate complete the Daily Boss goal 5 times.

The timer is stating we have 2 days 18 hours now,,, but this is the 3rd day of the event.

Hence am I correct to day, to win the grand prize "Mcbride's Cruiser", we need to :-

1) beat the boss 100 times as an individual AND
    2) beat the boss for 5 consecutive days as a syndicate

WITHIN THE FIRST 5 days to win the Cruiser?

the 6th day boss goal is only for the "Gold digging hoe"?

"Defeat Eros McBride 100 Times and help your faction complete 5 of the Daily Faction Goals [...] earn an incredible unit"

I don't see "consecutive" worded anywhere - I've always been under the impression that the schedule gives you 6 opportunities to get the syndicate prize, and you need to capitalize on FIVE of them to get the prize - in other words you're allowed to miss a day of not killing 300 of them. Cause it says "5 OF the daily faction goals" I'm assuming there is some room for error - either way, I'd complete all 6 regardless due to the modifiers.
    proud owner of toy box

Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

Lurker
    Post Count
    But the timer is showing we have less than 3 days now (5 day period for a 6 day goal?)

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    i have a feeling gree will end it in 5 days. so if you have to make sure you get each day's syn goal

Lurker
    Post Count
    lol.. GREE has changed this event boss' health as well, wouldn't be surprised.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Good job gree:-D this proven you are listening

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Great change for epic boss, it's my fav again

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofwale View Post
    I know there have always been a lot of complaining from different people, but this Epic Boss is nearly perfect.

- Increasing in health is reasonable for people who either devote a lot of time/use gold to finish.
    - good syn aspect to get everyone working together
    - good prizes and rare is finally RARE.
    - lowering gold cost for health and making it 10 gold for FULL bar.

**aside from some reporting error earlier on, I am happy to say this is one of my favourite events so far in my 2 years of play**
    Quoted for truth! 1up to Gree on this one

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    You can complete the syn goal 6 times to get 6 hoes. However you only need 5 hoes and beat boss 100 times to get the final big prize. It has been so since the syn goals stared for epic bosses.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjibbks5 View Post
    You can complete the syn goal 6 times to get 6 hoes. However you only need 5 hoes and beat boss 100 times to get the final big prize. It has been so since the syn goals stared for epic bosses.
    don't you get it? The timer says the individual goals and prizes will disappear after 5 days. Is it 5 or 6? The timer states these goals will be over in a little over 2 days time and we are on day 3.............does 3 + 2 = 6?

Post Count
    Just a little hard
    Yeah, my English is bad... just get used to it...
    103 478 859
    298 043 152

I might look like a noob, but if u dislike it buy gold for me.