Box Event Recommendation - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Box Event Recommendation

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    That's possible the HP is more likely to be that of the L100 it's been that High the last few boss's I'm pretty sure

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigertiger55 View Post
    ...and so have L85 L90 L95 and L100. Someone way cleverer than me said this is a maximum number that can be coded in game (or something like that). It probably means you'll just have to kill bigger multiples to complete each quest level. We'll see in a few days
    You're part right, however the iPhone 5s runs on a 64 bit system so it goes above the max integer. The last RBs boss 100 had 2.5 billion health so judging by those screen caps it'll be much stronger this round.

Consistent Contributor LordIndy's Avatar
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Gree,

These box events are causing a lot of unnecessary angst and I think you are missing an opportunity to make more money and keep players happy.

As currently structured, many players are afraid to gem. Worse, some that do, fail and get frustrated, leaving the game.

Recommend you add an option to guarantee a success. Keep it expensive so folks don't use it until the end and don't change the percentages. I am thinking something like 500 gems per item. This would provide a lot of relief to folks who know that if they get stuck on the last item they can just buy it and not risk losing mountains for nothing. I bet you would end up making more cash overall.

People uniformly hate these box events - something needs to change.
    Yes people uniformly hate box events. Why? Because they are totally luck dependent. So the question remains, the one proven "best" strategy is to simply gem it all the way through in the beginning few hours. As counterintuitive as that may seem, it is still best.

Gree even advertises that the event gets more difficult as you go along, but people still try to collect as many as they can for free and then spend thousands of gems to get the last.

If you are looking for a guarantee, spend your gems on something that has a set finite ending, not something that is a random luck of the draw. If you want to guarantee the lottery, you must purchase all possible combinations for that individual drawing. It is impossible to do in a box event as you only get one draw at a time.
    "You call him Docta Jones!"

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LordIndy View Post
    Yes people uniformly hate box events. Why? Because they are totally luck dependent. So the question remains, the one proven "best" strategy is to simply gem it all the way through in the beginning few hours. As counterintuitive as that may seem, it is still best.

Gree even advertises that the event gets more difficult as you go along, but people still try to collect as many as they can for free and then spend thousands of gems to get the last.

If you are looking for a guarantee, spend your gems on something that has a set finite ending, not something that is a random luck of the draw. If you want to guarantee the lottery, you must purchase all possible combinations for that individual drawing. It is impossible to do in a box event as you only get one draw at a time.
    such as the previous set of LTQ's, 200k units so much worth.
    Hi guys

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomama1 View Post
    Recommend you add an option to guarantee a success. Keep it expensive so folks don't use it until the end and don't change the percentages. I am thinking something like 500 gems per item.
    If GREE did this they would never give you the 10th item with cash openings, not from the first hour until the last. If they added this option you would only get the last item by spending those 500 gems or whatever.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by LordIndy View Post

That works, or just set yourself a budget and stick to it. Im no big gemmer, if i get to 9 for free with more than a day left i'd spend 100-200 gems max on gem opens. Finished it once, and played all, gemmed on 4. The one i finished gave me a health regen boost, so im content.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    "I hate box events" is a very common statement in my guilds!
    "If I don't get that 10th (book), I'm going to quit the game" is another common statement.

I have 4 games, and I just used gold. I got 10 in 2 games, 9 in the other 2. I used Magic Keys for the last 4 openings in the 2 games that had 9. That's it!

Maybe we can do without the box events! I hate box events!
    Purple Squirrel

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    The reason they ain't doing anything about the guild jumping during the GQ portion of this quest is because they know they got the individual quest rigged for max gemming. (and btw, they make too much money from box events for them to ever go away!) ;-) As stated above, they change the drop rate throughout the event and it is probably set to .000001% by the last day.