GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box Event Recommendation

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count

Box Event Recommendation

Gree,

These box events are causing a lot of unnecessary angst and I think you are missing an opportunity to make more money and keep players happy.

As currently structured, many players are afraid to gem. Worse, some that do, fail and get frustrated, leaving the game.

Recommend you add an option to guarantee a success. Keep it expensive so folks don't use it until the end and don't change the percentages. I am thinking something like 500 gems per item. This would provide a lot of relief to folks who know that if they get stuck on the last item they can just buy it and not risk losing mountains for nothing. I bet you would end up making more cash overall.

People uniformly hate these box events - something needs to change.

Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    I think they need to remove the "wrapper prize" element from the collect 10 events. Have the GLTQ prize, heck even give it a modifier. Making it so you have to complete the collect 10 to get the second modifier is a but much.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    if only it was that easy. but good luck of course.
    Hi guys

Post Count
    Gree just says ' sorry, better luck next time'
    Bananas are the best.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    What happened to games having an element of suspense? While I totally get the frustration of not receiving the 10th box while living on 9 for two days, it seems like some fun would go out of a game where everyone was guaranteed to win the event if they spent X amount of money... games are typically decided by either skill, strength, or luck... knowing that everyone could win this game if they were willing to plunk down money just gets us back to the times where everyone complained about FUN always winning because they were willing to spend the most money... I'd hate to see this game be decided yet again by who was willing/able to pay the most money!

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    What happened to games having an element of suspense? While I totally get the frustration of not receiving the 10th box while living on 9 for two days, it seems like some fun would go out of a game where everyone was guaranteed to win the event if they spent X amount of money... games are typically decided by either skill, strength, or luck... knowing that everyone could win this game if they were willing to plunk down money just gets us back to the times where everyone complained about FUN always winning because they were willing to spend the most money... I'd hate to see this game be decided yet again by who was willing/able to pay the most money!
    Try not getting item 10 after 4 days of having 9, opening 18-24 per day.

no one is unraidable.

MoC Officer in Kingdom Age

MoC Officer in Dragon Realms

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Try not getting item 10 after 4 days of having 9, opening 18-24 per day.
    Okay, then try getting them every freakin' time just by paying a lot of money... and then the amount necessary goes up next time... and goes up even more the next event.... do you honestly think there won't be threads complaining about how unfair it is that people who are willing to plunk down loads of money are getting all the cool items, and that it's wrong how Gree is allowing such a huge chasm between those who have high stats (read pay lotsa bucks!) and those who don't?

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows View Post
    Okay, then try getting them every freakin' time just by paying a lot of money... and then the amount necessary goes up next time... and goes up even more the next event.... do you honestly think there won't be threads complaining about how unfair it is that people who are willing to plunk down loads of money are getting all the cool items, and that it's wrong how Gree is allowing such a huge chasm between those who have high stats (read pay lotsa bucks!) and those who don't?
    well done! You passed Gree economics 101!

Now for the case study "how much can we charge them without inciting a mass exodus?"

no one is unraidable.

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    well done! You passed Gree economics 101!

Now for the case study "how much can we charge them without inciting a mass exodus?"
    LOLOL Agreed! I think Gree needs to revisit that one, based upon all the goodbye threads...

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    now the wait for the threads complaining on how too strong the RB is.
    Hi guys

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxker View Post
    doubt we'll get much complaining about that. I am however going to laugh really hard when they release legendary rewards in the 8k's of stats :P

no one is unraidable.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxker View Post
    Ok, let's get started.
    2,147,483,647 HP for level 75 boss and up. WTF?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tigertiger55; 02-09-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Steady Scribe
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigertiger55 View Post
    2,147,483,647 HP for level 75 boss and up. WTF?
    If u look closely L75 and L80 boss have the same HP. Clearly it's not right

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    I would prefer to get rid of the box events are tone them down. But having folks spend 4-5 mountains and fail is just bad business...

And BTW, this is not sour g****s - I did get my ten.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    ...and so have L85 L90 L95 and L100. Someone way cleverer than me said this is a maximum number that can be coded in game (or something like that). It probably means you'll just have to kill bigger multiples to complete each quest level. We'll see in a few days