Gree making streaking impossible ! - Page 2

GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gree making streaking impossible !

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jopdermod View Post
    Was happy to spend vaults on streaking .. but then came Gree facing us (20acts) up with (13acts) which no one of us could even win a PA not once .. but twice !

WAS happy to spend .. but since this is our second match-up like this .. we will not spend anymore this war!!
    Will not be blowing vaults to NOT get the modifier !!

Just fix the match-up engine and would be happy to spend, but when it's made impossible why would we spend ??

Thinking about refunding my gold purchases, these match-ups can't be fair and therefore money spend is spend on a false promise.
    Now you know how us non-streaking teams feel. Annoying huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzol View Post
    Now streak teams are moaning about facing better streak teams? lol.
    lmao. Welcome to the world of Modern War, where plays contradict themselves.
    KELLHOUNDS top 50 faction
    recruitment thread:
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...44#post1267044

Lurker
    Post Count
    How does it feel to face teams that you can't beat and shouldn't have been matched against like other comments here now you know how players going for rank feel we can not get any points to go to our rank when we match up with streaker teams apart from the command centre great fun isn't it

Verbose Veteran good gawd noooo's Avatar
    Post Count
    I am actually pleased by this post. it is nice to know streak teams get screwed by other streak teams. I would of thought gree would of done something like create a separate teir or adjust the match up so they would be facing other streak teams 90 percent of time thus allowing normal teams to have a shot. but lol this almost makes it worth it

Post Count
    LOL how's that karma tasting how u like dem a apples now??? We all hate streak teams so if your one don't complain your stronger than a lot of us be happy with that I'm happy not streaking because I'd rather my pants stay on!
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/

Post Count
    I'm in a 50 player faction and the streak team idea with low player number factions is ruining the game. In the first 12 wars we played one team similar to ourselves in player number and won a great battle with both teams scoring highly. In the other 11 battle we met teams with between 9 and 12 players where only 2 of our team could actually score a win.

By yesterday evening a lot of our players who have in the faction for a year, were talking about packing it in completely. The win streak teams are sucking the fun out the game. I know we could go for the same strategy, but it really isn't the way tehe game should develop is it. Small groups being pretty inactive and just having a war with really low scoring battles. It might get them the streak prizes, but it is not much fun for a game.

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Staffordbhoy View Post
    By yesterday evening a lot of our players who have in the faction for a year, were talking about packing it in completely. The win streak teams are sucking the fun out the game. I know we could go for the same strategy, but it really isn't the way tehe game should develop is it. Small groups being pretty inactive and just having a war with really low scoring battles. It might get them the streak prizes, but it is not much fun for a game.
    THIS!

It really kills all the fun for all recreational factions. We have been matched up with streaking factions four times already this war and it really takes all chances for wins out because you can't even beat a single one of them.

The faction group chat is full of angry and frustrated players, myself included.
    I know it's a valid strategy but it's not for the good of the game because there's no counter-strategy and it only benefits a very selected few.

I think it even works against the general idea of what factions are about.
    Last edited by blank201; 02-09-2014 at 06:20 AM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by blank201 View Post
    THIS!It really kills all the fun for all recreational factions. We have been matched up with streaking factions four times already this war and it really takes all the wins out because you can't even beat a single one of them. The faction group chat is full of angry and frustrated players, myself included. I know it's a valid strategy but it's not for the game because there's no counter-strategy.
    The game allows this kind of strategy to be played. If you don't like it, stop playing and find a different game. GREE won't do anything because streak teams actually do spend gold. I know of one streak team where you need to have and use a vault of gold to achieve their goals.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by jopdermod View Post
    Was happy to spend vaults on streaking .. but then came Gree facing us (20acts) up with (13acts) which no one of us could even win a PA not once .. but twice !

WAS happy to spend .. but since this is our second match-up like this .. we will not spend anymore this war!!
    Will not be blowing vaults to NOT get the modifier !!

Just fix the match-up engine and would be happy to spend, but when it's made impossible why would we spend ??

Thinking about refunding my gold purchases, these match-ups can't be fair and therefore money spend is spend on a false promise.
    Sounds like your overall strategy is a fail. As others have said this strategy will work if done correctly and sounds like you didn't.

One other thing, as WD runs it's course through the weekend I notice a lot of factions quitting. This is showing up as very long match up times in the two tiers my main and test faction are slotted into. So seems to me that matching is trying to make fair fights but as more and more factions stop it will make things more lopsided since matching drops parameters if it cannot make a fast match. Which might not entirely be a bad thing since it starts pitting the strongest against each other as the weaker factions drop out.....
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    can dish it out but can't take it
    do unto others....
    etc...
    'nuff said

Banned
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    The game allows this kind of strategy to be played. If you don't like it, stop playing and find a different game. GREE won't do anything because streak teams actually do spend gold. I know of one streak team where you need to have and use a vault of gold to achieve their goals.
    If this strategy only benefits a very limited amount of players, even if there are some heavy gold spenders in that group, it'll be not in Gree's best interest to keep this going since a very large number of occasional and potential gold spenders are more valuable than a selected few high-ranking players that get all the stats advantages with no down-side.

By increasing the gap stats-wise it'll create less of a need to spend future gold for those few players that increase their stats by Millions doing this.

Post Count
    If this strategy only benefits a very limited amount of players, even if there are some heavy gold spenders in that group, it'll be not in Gree's best interest to keep this going since a very large number of occasional and potential gold spenders are more valuable than a selected few high-ranking players that get all the stats advantages with no down-side. By increasing the gap stats-wise it'll create less of a need to spend future gold for those few players that increase their stats by Millions doing this.
    Plenty of money being spent at the top of the leaderboard. There is nothing that can be done about the gap in stats as it is a result of the game mechanics. You either spend shedloads or you don't. The further down the leaderboard you go, the less is being spent. If GREE saw a problem with revenue coming in, they would make the appropriate changes but I simply don't see this... You can argue all you like, but in the end they will make the changes that suit them, not us.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    Now you know how frustrated lower teams are when they're trying to get into top 250/top 400. Either do what we did and get on with it, or join a rank team, it's only going to get harder

Post Count
    If this strategy only benefits a very limited amount of players, even if there are some heavy gold spenders in that group, it'll be not in Gree's best interest to keep this going since a very large number of occasional and potential gold spenders are more valuable than a selected few high-ranking players that get all the stats advantages with no down-side. By increasing the gap stats-wise it'll create less of a need to spend future gold for those few players that increase their stats by Millions doing this.
    Also to quote a GREE VP... "The majority of the revenue comes from an even smaller group (the “whales”)." Even GREE beg to differ to your comment "a very large number of occasional and potential gold spenders are more valuable than a selected few high-ranking players". I rather side with the view of a GREE VP who has access to all the numbers... However, that doesn't mean I agree with the way they conduct their business.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I hope gree fixes where all streaks get matched together now know how the people in faction play the way should be played an not like streak faction cheap wins

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    Sounds like your overall strategy is a fail. As others have said this strategy will work if done correctly and sounds like you didn't.

One other thing, as WD runs it's course through the weekend I notice a lot of factions quitting. This is showing up as very long match up times in the two tiers my main and test faction are slotted into. So seems to me that matching is trying to make fair fights but as more and more factions stop it will make things more lopsided since matching drops parameters if it cannot make a fast match. Which might not entirely be a bad thing since it starts pitting the strongest against each other as the weaker factions drop out.....
    What a load of rubbish, we are a low faction matched with sup1 ummmmmmm work that out