GREE

DECAGAMES Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Same old same old .. Streak teams

Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Enforcer View Post
    My faction hasn't seen a streak team yet. But gold will be used to take them out when they arrive. Had enough of those guys.
    Meanwhile...at Gree HQ:

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I feel sorry for those who post and complain, seriously guys you are wasting your time.
    Just sit back and watch Rome burn.

Lurker
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Enforcer View Post
    My faction hasn't seen a streak team yet. But gold will be used to take them out when they arrive. Had enough of those guys.
    So much hate. We're people too, just trying to have fun playing the same game you're playing (just with a different strategy).

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Mw Adam View Post
    Vegaman, my guess is this guy is a higher level then every member of your team, unless you have some high level low a/d score players in your group. So, he will have trouble scoring a lot of points unless he is willing to spend a lot of gold. 28 x 4 hits to the cc will get you over 8000 points. You have a chance if you are organized. Make this guy work for it, if nothing else.
    U realize that only a bit of gold is required 8 free hits+ 4 medpaks will get u over 8000 points if your lucky if not another medpak will do the job 👍
    Farewell to my friends at the Real McCoys I had a fun year with you guys and farewell to this game
    BASE NUKED- 12/08/14
    Now in my spare time I play Dota 2
    join me ---> at http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132444144/

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count

Question Why are you so upset about this?

Streak teams are geared towards WD events, however they are no good for faction ltq's, boss events. So where you guys lose against a streak team, you win in relation to other events. So I wouldn't be so upset if I was you.

Streak team or not, that is a choice you have too.

Good day 2u
    FYV - PM for details ;o)

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by FYV View Post
    Streak teams are geared towards WD events, however they are no good for faction ltq's, boss events. So where you guys lose against a streak team, you win in relation to other events.
    I'm not gonna weigh in the whole issue of how frustrating it is to come up against streak teams, I've done that quite enough before, lol.

But what I would say is that you are wrong on this one my friend. These guys simply bounce to another faction temporarily to finish FLTQs and raid boss events, so they DO get all those prizes too! When war starts, back to the man'o'war team of one. I've seen some of their inventories, they get the best of both worlds. Fair play to them.

Again, not complaining here, just saying that's how it is. They play the game their way. We play the game our way. Annoying, frustrating, etc....yes, very much so. But until GREE scraps win streak goals we are gonna have this situation.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Saw out my days in a streak faction and really enjoyed WD again... Best matches when we got matched against another streak faction... Strategy v Strategy very tense... Enjoyed leading a large faction but too much bull, too many players not playing, bad coordination etc... Streak factions are not an easy life especially with timezones etc... Found l was getting on average 4 hours sleep a day, writing off family life for a weekend and you limit yourself from rank prizes... As others have said if you can't compete, do something different or stop complaining trying to get the game swung your way... Gree decided on streak prizes and the best players adapted very quickly... Those in large factions should not throw stones...if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen !! Streak factions can be beat, if you can't coordinate yourselves that is not the streak factions fault the blame lies with you... Robo
    Last edited by Sinisterclick; 02-08-2014 at 03:42 AM.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Food for thought... If streaks stopped and streak factions cease as a result... Where do the players go !!! Back to the top 250... So those teams on the fringes will never break that barrier instead of facing a team of 4 invincibles you face 56.... In reality what was top 100 is now top 250 without streaks top 400 will be tough to break...

Post Count
    In my opinion it should be enough motivating to reach a good rank in wd and receive the units. Implementing an event aditionally was / is a mistake. it destroys the aim of a ranked base battling.

generally speaking there are far to many events. in fact those missions donīt deserve the name "event" they are just time based other missions meanwhile.

i consider an event to be something special every now and then. beeing keen on doing that, having fun with it, working hard to reach a goal. it now just gets boring
    Bobar

ID 760-288-736

Consistent Contributor
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterclick View Post
    Food for thought... If streaks stopped and streak factions cease as a result... Where do the players go !!! Back to the top 250... So those teams on the fringes will never break that barrier instead of facing a team of 4 invincibles you face 56.... In reality what was top 100 is now top 250 without streaks top 400 will be tough to break...
    Of course, you are absolutely correct in that appraisal. My Top400 team would likely become a Top500 or 750. But I think the wider impact would be that teams ranked at 1000, 1500, 4000 wouldn't be pulling ridiculous draws against super minis or one man Goliath. That way they enjoy the game more, spend a bit more gold, have something to aim at, etc.

From a longevity perspective, it has to be the way to go.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Agree VSH, this is why l suggested a two tier WD a while back... Allow teams not interested in major prizes enjoy the game with reasonable prizes... And the stronger teams able to get better prizes... Normal and Prestige.. Simple choice is made before war starts...

Post Count
    Hmmmmm seems like all the whining about streak teams is really pointless if you are a rank team....... if ur going for rank how does a streak team affect you? Doesn't break your streak if you are not going for streaks so why the fuss?
    Oh that's right, cause you need a reason to whine................ here let me get you all some cheese to go with that
    I may not be your daddy, but I will still spank you.

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Lol Lancerdually

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Robespierre View Post
    Meanwhile...at Gree HQ:

Lol. You are correct.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancerdually View Post
    Hmmmmm seems like all the whining about streak teams is really pointless if you are a rank team....... if ur going for rank how does a streak team affect you? Doesn't break your streak if you are not going for streaks so why the fuss?
    Oh that's right, cause you need a reason to whine................ here let me get you all some cheese to go with that
    That about sums it up. I have to confess I'm having a lot of fun with my L4 1 man faction. Not a monster, even lost a battle. Was only hitting 1 man factions up till just now where I got a 4 player faction. I would say just group all 1 man factions together, still lots of fun going mano a mano.

Oh and don't have a hope in heck of making top 4000 but honestly don't care.
    Last edited by Agent Orange; 02-08-2014 at 06:37 AM. Reason: New version 1.1
    Modern War
    IOS - Agent Orange - ID 863 440 860
    Free player
    Playing since 11/08/2011
    Level 240+

Android - Agent Orange -ID 179 321 004
    Free Player since 7/18/12
    Level 33+

War of Nations - Agent Orange - Quit the game
    Free Player since 5/30/13

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    That about sums it up. I have to confess I'm having a lot of fun with my L4 1 man faction. Not a monster, even lost a battle. Was only hitting 1 man factions up till just now where I got a 4 player faction. I would say just group all 1 man factions together, still lots of fun going mano a mano.

Oh and don't have a hope in heck of making top 4000 but honestly don't care.
    Amen to that....... I think the best thing Gree has done in a long time is make the streak prizes...... we can't all be SUP............... some of us accepted that long ago.............guess many haven't.......... Luck to you AO
    I may not be your daddy, but I will still spank you.