View Poll Results: Should Guild-War Rewards be Updated?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, It will also increase GW Revenue

68 81.93%
  • No, They are fine how they currently are

15 18.07%
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

I honestly think the current system would be fine if the Legendaries that were chosen as rewards were actually viable in some way. My personal suggestion has always been to give out a non-plus version of the current EB armor. That way you get a free modern armor that is worth your gemming, and you will be a little bit of a step ahead of making the plus.

If war starts on friday, and ends on sunday, and you get current EB+ (for 11-25), and non-plus (for 26-50), you are only slightly further up the curve. My own argument against myself is that this would cut out people in those guilds from using them on the boss that week. However, I think it would just move those gems from boss to war. If you know you're in an 11-25 guild, you can take it easy on boss, and have extra armor to fuse.

Plus this encourages the whole guild to participate. Many guilds have members right now that don't try as hard as they could because all they're getting is fusion fodder. If they were 'keeping up' with it, then it would be a better incentive for each member to desire those positions.

It should also be mentioned that providing completely outdated epics in the DPC will make the keys more valuable. Why isn't moontide in DPC?
    At this point, there should be 3 tiers of epics:
    Coming from new chest / Won in guild war
    Fusable
    DPC chest.

After it's been the first for a while it moves to second. After it's been there for a while it moves to third.

Or make a chest that you can be opened at any time, for 25 gems, that has fusable epics. Keys for it are only won in guild wars at higher ranks.

The problem isn't that the war rewards completely suck. (they do) The problem is that there is no slope. Since the introduction of Epics there have only been two tiers, Epics, and non-epics. The gap between those tiers is so giant that there is no slope. You either have epics or you don't. There needs to be a more even slope so that there isn't this giant jump between what rewards can be given out. That slope has always been EB, and it's getting close. But giving out ancient EB rewards, is not enticing, and it doesn't 'even the slope.' All it does is reinforce the giant gap.
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

Top 1, epic+, 5 current chest keys
    2-10, epic. 4 current chest keys
    11-25, new and improved legendary+, 100 stats better than epic boss. 2 current key chests
    26-50, latest epic boss+, 2 keys for the current chest offer.
    51-100 new and improved legendary, a little below new eb+ stats and 1 current key
    Level 1xx
    Revival
    Ingame name: Raichu

Alright so I've decided to chime in with my two cents about this whole issue with wanting better guild war rewards.

While I do agree that the rewards need to be updated, I think it's important to look at a few other things first which may help put things in perspective for some of you about Gree's position.

I think the most important thing to look at here is Gree's valuation of gems, gold, certain armors, etc..

Don't forget the retail price of gems and gold in this game for players:

$100 will get you either 800 gems, 1.2 million gold, or 1 million gold with 500 gems.

$50 will get you either 375 gems or 550,000 gold.

$25 will get you either 175 gems, 250,000 gold, or 150,000 gold with 120 gems.

$10 will get you either 65 gems or 75,000 gold.

$5 will get you either 30 gems, 30,000 gold, or 20,000 gold with 20 gems.

$2 will get you 10 gems or 10,000 gold.

It's important to remember these prices when talking about rewards given out by Gree.

Now, when you think about guild war rewards, it's best to assume that the top tier rewards will have larger guilds. Probably an average of 30-35 but more than likely a full 40.

First place in guild war will land you an epic+ armor (which doesn't have a specific dollar value, only what the market deems it is worth; in this case most fairly over $200 each new war.) along with 20 fusion boost armors, 100 gems, and five dark prince keys.

The fusion boosts are also hard to value because they aren't specifically for sale, but considering you are given 20 when you buy the 999 gem chest ($125) they're probably not worth very much. Maybe $10-20 total.

The gems themselves are worth only about $15.
    The dark prince keys are worth 20 gems each, so for 5 you're looking at 100 gems so another $15 or so.

Now when you add all of this in together from Gree's point of view, they're valuing the entire reward for first place at at least $45, but up to roughly $250.

Assuming top guild is full, that's $8,000 in rewards.

If you scale back the prizes to follow suit down the ladder then the amount of money adds up very quickly.

$250/player in first.
    $200/player in second.
    $150/player in third.
    $100/player in 4-10.
    $75/player in 11-25.
    $50/player in 26-50.
    Etc. etc.

Now obviously these are very rough estimates. I'm not saying this is necessarily even remotely accurate, however the model is a good way to discuss this issue further.

What comes next is considering the 'value' of gems, and virtual currency in general.

In the case of Knights and Dragons, as far as we know, there is no limit to the amount of gems Gree can create/produce/distribute. It's not like bitcoin where there are a finite amount of gems, or like the US Treasury where each and every gem has to be backed by hard currency like gold or silver.

In theory, Gree is literally setting an arbitrary value for what gems are worth. When the game came out, those in charge determined 800 gems is worth $100. Now that's fine of course, but the game is no longer in the same position now as when it was initially released. When I first started playing over a year ago, very few people were buying $100 worth of gems at a time. Buying gems at all was a way of separating yourself from almost everyone.

Now, buying gems is not a way to separate yourself from the rest and have an advantage. It's merely how you play. Day to day play (on an even remotely competitive status) is mandatory on gem purchasing. That's the nature of free to play games.

To ElJayk's point about the slope and the separation between the top 1% and the rest growing, this is a fine example. It's no longer feasible to be a 100% free player and remain competitive like it used to be.

So how do we fix this to where everyone is happier? Better rewards mean Gree has to raise the value of their prizes, but that affects their bottom lines. It may not be within their goals or power to raise the value of the reward tiers because perhaps that would cease to make them a profit.

Who knows.

But in my opinion, the first thing that I mentioned is what most needs to be updated. Gree's value of gems and gold, and the prices they sell each for, are no longer applicable in this day of the game.

It is not monetarily worthwhile to spend $100 on 1,200,000 gold which can be gathered on your own in 3 or 4 days per player. It's not helpful for guilds that require 75-100 million for a 1% raise in bonuses.

In my opinion, the amount of gems and gold being sold for various amounts is what really needs to be revamped. The cost so to speak of playing the game has gone up tremendously whereas the value of our money hasn't risen with it.

I'm sure I have left something out, but ill comment back more as I remember.

All comments and open discussion are welcome and I'm happy to engage in some healthy discourse.

Thanks for reading.
    Sir William

Level 200+
    Member of Rainbow Ponies

Quote Originally Posted by Sir William View Post
    Alright so I've decided to chime in with my two cents about this whole issue with wanting better guild war rewards.

While I do agree that the rewards need to be updated, I think it's important to look at a few other things first which may help put things in perspective for some of you about Gree's position.

I think the most important thing to look at here is Gree's valuation of gems, gold, certain armors, etc..

$100 will get you either 800 gems, 1.2 million gold, or 1 million gold with 500 gems.

It's important to remember these prices when talking about rewards given out by Gree.

Now, when you think about guild war rewards, it's best to assume that the top tier rewards will have larger guilds. Probably an average of 30-35 but more than likely a full 40.

First place in guild war will land you an epic+ armor (which doesn't have a specific dollar value, only what the market deems it is worth; in this case most fairly over $200 each new war.) along with 20 fusion boost armors, 100 gems, and five dark prince keys.

The fusion boosts are also hard to value because they aren't specifically for sale, but considering you are given 20 when you buy the 999 gem chest ($125) they're probably not worth very much. Maybe $10-20 total.

The dark prince keys are worth 20 gems each, so for 5 you're looking at 100 gems so another $15 or so.

Now when you add all of this in together from Gree's point of view, they're valuing the entire reward for first place at at least $45, but up to roughly $250.

If you scale back the prizes to follow suit down the ladder then the amount of money adds up very quickly.

$250/player in first.
    $200/player in second.
    $150/player in third.
    $100/player in 4-10.
    $75/player in 11-25.
    $50/player in 26-50.
    Etc. etc.

Now obviously these are very rough estimates. I'm not saying this is necessarily even remotely accurate, however the model is a good way to discuss this issue further.

What comes next is considering the 'value' of gems, and virtual currency in general.

In the case of Knights and Dragons, as far as we know, there is no limit to the amount of gems Gree can create/produce/distribute. It's not like bitcoin where there are a finite amount of gems, or like the US Treasury where each and every gem has to be backed by hard currency like gold or silver.

In theory, Gree is literally setting an arbitrary value for what gems are worth. When the game came out, those in charge determined 800 gems is worth $100. Now that's fine of course, but the game is no longer in the same position now as when it was initially released. When I first started playing over a year ago, very few people were buying $100 worth of gems at a time. Buying gems at all was a way of separating yourself from almost everyone.

Now, buying gems is not a way to separate yourself from the rest and have an advantage. It's merely how you play. Day to day play (on an even remotely competitive status) is mandatory on gem purchasing. That's the nature of free to play games.

To ElJayk's point about the slope and the separation between the top 1% and the rest growing, this is a fine example. It's no longer feasible to be a 100% free player and remain competitive like it used to be.

So how do we fix this to where everyone is happier? Better rewards mean Gree has to raise the value of their prizes, but that affects their bottom lines. It may not be within their goals or power to raise the value of the reward tiers because perhaps that would cease to make them a profit.

Who knows.

But in my opinion, the first thing that I mentioned is what most needs to be updated. Gree's value of gems and gold, and the prices they sell each for, are no longer applicable in this day of the game.

It is not monetarily worthwhile to spend $100 on 1,200,000 gold which can be gathered on your own in 3 or 4 days per player. It's not helpful for guilds that require 75-100 million for a 1% raise in bonuses.

In my opinion, the amount of gems and gold being sold for various amounts is what really needs to be revamped. The cost so to speak of playing the game has gone up tremendously whereas the value of our money hasn't risen with it.

All comments and open discussion are welcome and I'm happy to engage in some healthy discourse.

Thanks for reading.
    Wonderful Post. But lets be serious I dont understand how top 25 guilds can even try for the rewards IMO just join a top 10 like DPA
    Thanks Gree for listening

Well my guild ended up in 50th after hovering around 35-45 the entire war.

We had a couple of large spenders but only a 20/30k minimum. Fairly simple even for non spenders or light spenders.

I think I used about 175-200 gems and ended with about 60k points in war.

Top 50 is not horrible for a guild that's only a few weeks old with 23 members.

Top 25 is still somewhat doable with light to medium light spending.

I do think the rewards should and could be better, but given the system we do have and cost vs reward top 50 was worth aimin for. Especially considering top 10 was out of reach.
    Sir William

Level 200+
    Member of Rainbow Ponies

...or like the US Treasury where each and every gem has to be backed by hard currency like gold or silver.
    This made me laugh!

I have to agree with all the points. I didn't take into consideration the price of gems. You would have thought that when they added the new gem package for android they would have evaluated it.

However, I don't know much that can be done at this point with it. I'm not an avid phone gamer, and this was the only game I played for a long time until recently when I picked up another one. But in the course of the last few years having game capable phone, I haven't seen any game where they adjusted the price of their real currency. I'm not insinuating that it hasn't happened, I'm mentioning it to say that I don't have a physical experience in the effects of it.

With that said though, my better judgement says that the only viable option for prices would be to increase them, and see where the chips lay. Epics are common(ish). Most top 50 guild players have one. Assuming even 20 people per guild, that 2,000 epics. That may not seem like a lot, but top 50 mostly only daily players. There are a slew of non-dailies that have them also.

The system is meant to make money, and force you to want that one golden prize. Guild wars could have been done a number of more entertaining ways. (Knocking out players to win, points for defense wins, a 'declare then register' system. Almost anything.). But it was made with the idea that gemming to win was not only encourage by the method, but demanded for a win. With the introduction of guild wars, the last clamoring hope for free players started to aspirate. The fluid is filling the lungs, and we will all stop breathing hope slowly, one by one, with each new war that pronounces the gap between extreme spending, and even mild spending.

It used to be just gemmers and free players. But now, with 2nd gen epics, there is a gap growing between top 100 level gemming, and top 10 gemming. 1600 gem requirement for a top ten guild, and meanwhile top 50 is easily done with 40 gems from each of the 40 fully active members. I don't think Gree will worry about the reward separation until it takes 1600 gems to get to rank 50.
    KoF Currently Recruiting!

Knights of Flame, (lvl 75 iOS) guild is looking for new members.

10% to all bonuses. Strong community.
    20k guild war point minimum.
    2 epics and full castle required.
    Fool's Fight: 35th
    World's End War: 47th
    War of Destitution: 13th
    War of the Enchantress: 24th

message eljayk on line to apply
    or message me here

$250/player in first.
    $200/player in second.
    $150/player in third.
    $100/player in 4-10.
    $75/player in 11-25.
    $50/player in 26-50.
    Etc. etc.

Who knows.

Thanks for reading.

Wonderful, well thought, and insightful post. Wish there was a like a button or something. Not much to argue with except for it still doesn't change the fact that if you spread out items worth buying gems for people will buy gems. Until further notice first place is locked up. So why not give 3,4,or 5 gw+ to have the second tier guilds (the top 2-10 guys) up their spending to compete?

I appreciate y'all's responses. I hope this leads to some worthwhile ideas or potential changes for Gree to take into consideration.

One other thing I would like to clarify/change:

After discussing this with some guild mates, I've come to understand that the $200 price tag for an epic+ is incredibly inaccurate. That a 1600 gem minimum is really only applicable for non+ epic.

Thus, the epic+ is more appropriately valued at a 4500 gem minimum and would raise the estimate of prize value from ~ $250 to well over $700-800.

And obviously the ladder would raise a bit and scale down proportionately from there.
    Sir William

Level 200+
    Member of Rainbow Ponies

They value the soulshard necromantle at 5000 gems, can't remember if that was the + version or not. Honestly to have all the epics grouped into the same value is highly inaccurate. There's not way a tectonic is of equal value to a sandstorm, or a hellfire, or that stained glass monstrosity, or bronze chromatic. It's just not.

$250/player in first.
    $200/player in second.
    $150/player in third.
    $100/player in 4-10.
    $75/player in 11-25.
    $50/player in 26-50.
    Etc. etc.

Who knows.

Thanks for reading.
    Again, wonderful post.

Not really relevant, but US currency isn't backed by gold or silver anymore lol.

Besides that, I appreciate you taking them time to do the math on all of these rewards. Helps everyone gain a little bit more perspective on the reward system.
    Guild: Alliance
    IGN: Alliance Thor
    Level: 199

Epics
    Arclite Shroud+
    Sandstorm Platemail+
    Soulshard Necromantle+
    Beastmaster Battlegear+
    Arborsteel Vanguard+
    Northerner's Battlegear+
    Triskelion Wargear
    Revelation Robes
    Silver Chromatic Mantle
    Sol Vanguard
    Snowstorm Platemail
    Hellfire Platemail
    Cyclone Chainmail
    Runic Robes
    Aquatic Battlegear
    Specter's Shroud
    Aegis of Sky Majesty
    Cloudrange Platemail
    Tectonic Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by smujica93 View Post
    Again, wonderful post.

Not really relevant, but US currency isn't backed by gold or silver anymore lol.

Besides that, I appreciate you taking them time to do the math on all of these rewards. Helps everyone gain a little bit more perspective on the reward system.
    Well not anymore, but for a long time and the point still gets across.

Also, I understand that not every epic+ is worth 5000 gems. It was more about the value of each new epic released during wars.
    Sir William

Level 200+
    Member of Rainbow Ponies

What about giving capes?
    Add me on Line
    UserID: karlervin41
    Knights and Dragons: XBG-PFN-BQM

no matter what. we need better rewards for guild coming in 11 or lower for sure. lol!

Old epics will do fine actually.

It looks like Gree listened to the requests of the forum on this latest War of the Saints.